Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Lou, love your avatar. I BF in public all teh time - as Jo says it gets easier, to start withI'd find a quiet corner and cover up everything totally, now its boob out with no shame!!

Thanks jo and Lucy. It went ok, sat on sofa in middle of debenhams! Just need practice now. Bit of drama here tonight, our dog pulled oh over on walk tonight when he saw a fox (oh was texting and didn't stop the extendable lead in time). he's now down a and ewith either broken collarbone or dislocated shoulder. I was relieved by oh patents so I could get foley back home - but not sure I can sleep.

Jo hope the boob gets better over the weekend. Me and foley are currently getting treated for it too. I'm not dead sure we have it, he has White toungue which has been there for few weeks but hv said it was milk as nowhere else, but yesterday he was very fussy on boobs (on and off and screaming). My cracks haven't healed and it's becoming painful to nurse so hoping this clears us. Hope yours doesn't become painful for you again while nursing. How's livi and euan doing?

Thinking of you rach xxx

LOu - hope OH is ok, that sounds painful. Poor OH. HOpe he gets home to you soon.

JO and Lou, I've only had one painful episode on boob, It wasn't thrush but I had such pain it was unbearable - just on my left boob, went on for a few days getting worse and in end I didn't feed her on it for about a day and a half, I just expressed and did some bottles with expressed milk when I felt wasn't enough in right, when I put her back to boob pain had gone - the rest helped it, not sure if that would help you but thought I'd mention just in case. Still don't know what caused it!!

HOpe your boob pain clears up asap xxxxx

Thanks Jo and Lucy, he has fractured his collarbone and has to rest it for 6 weeks. He can't pick up or hold foley as pain in shoulder too much. So lost my wing man for soothing foley to sleep and holding him while I get bits done. Oh parents had dog today to help me out a bit. Hoping he heals bit quicker as feel bad for him not being able to have the cuddle and bath times they had together each day.

Thanks for the tip Lucy, if this cream and gel stuff doesn't solve the cracks and pain I'll give it a go. It doesn't hurt today unless he is doing a really long nurse, can't tell yet if they look like their healing. Feel like I've forgotten what a normal nipple looks like!

:hugs: to hubby Lou, Get a nippleshield - lifesaver :thumbup: :)

Crikey it's hot - how are the cc babies coping in the heat? Ollie is frazzled - was 26* in the bedroom last night!

Rach - hope it's all go for you :) v exciting!! BTW - you'll not worry about anyone rooting around in there after giving birth :rofl:

hx

Lou Nightmare with his collar bone what a shame, he will be missing his time with the wee one. I feel the same with my nipple I forgot what its like too. I got a call from my midwife this morning, I had sent her an e-mail at the weekend asking for them to refer me to the Vancouver breastfeeding clinic so I can go and see them. Looked in my diary my boob started getting sore 2nd June so its been awhile.

Rach hope your ok and your currently having something exciting happening

Helen what do you do with the nipple shields... put them on and baby nurses through them. Did you notice if it caused any dip in supply if there not directly there

only wore them for 3 days - no issue with supply and let them heal well too :)

I used a shield for a month when T was too small to suck properly and it really helped her - had no issues with supply. They were a godsend, I might have had to give up otherwise. Lovely nurse in neonatal got me onto them - I used ameda ones.

Where can you pick them up from? Do you wear them during feeding?

It was 27 in our lodge last night, slept with window wide open even though its ground floor. Managed to get away on holiday yesterday, bit late as I had to pack the car up between feeds. Hope its cooler today

Anyone know if its ok to use infocal while breastfeeding? Foley really struggled with wind in the night. Im up with him ages after a feed trying to settle him

Jo will you have to wait long for appointment at bf clinic

hi girls

we had the baby on saturday morning, he arrived at 7.55. We were induced the night before at 8.30. the whole thing was horrendous. He's ok now and we came home last night

i can't get him to latch on. really upset about it. If a health visitor or mw comes and helps, they can get him on, but i cant seem to do it. Really dont want to give him formula. Managed to get some donated breast milk to bring home but it will run out tomorrow. Really hoping my milk comes in tonight!

love to all x

Lou - you can get them in Boots, you pop over your nipple while feeding, its really simple, maybe buy a couple different brands to try = also they come in different sizes (nipple size so watch out for that) xxx

Rachel - Congratulations - sorry the birth was horrendous but glad you and your son are home safe and sound.

Don't stress about the latching on, it will make it worse, if you have to give formula whilst your milk comes in its not end of world, have you got a breast pump - I know they say not to pump first few weeks as supply establishes but obviously I had to and it did no harm.

Also a nipple shield could really help you too, its easier for them to latch on to and you can wean off it after a while.

Just don't worry, it will work out and formula is not the end of the world by any means xxx

Lou - what Lucy said - the medala ones are good.... how long do you wind Foley for? We tried infacol but after a bit it seemed to make him worse - no harm in trying but apparently you have to give it a couple of weeks to work.. hope you have a fab holiday :)

Rachel :yipee: :dance: congratultions!!! :hugs: sorry it was horrendous - must write up your birth story when you get a mo - quite cathartic I found. How much did your little man weigh? Have you got a name yet?

It's hard but try not to supplement if you can ( depends on the birth weight I guess ) as the suckling helps bring the milk in - even if you are camped out feeding for ages.

Get the MW to show Ralph - a few times if you can - it helped me that OH had been shown so he could talk me through it - and you're tired and stressed so just a little extra support for you... the MW also have support workers who can come out to you as many times as you need - even a couple of times a day and they are great on the bf... I found having pillows helped ( I do the rugby hold - using a boppy bf pillow on my side and Ollie lies on it with his feet towards my back - v comfy - it is important to feel comfy so you can relax ) Once you get a comfy pillow setup it is easy to get the right position for you each time.

Also - plenty of protein, drink loads of water ( double normal amount once milk is in! ), get sleep and have nice baths, Ralph can pick up the slack for the next few weeks as you get established.

Ask MW to show you how to hand express - helps if you think there's nothing there ( easy to do when you're tired and stressed ) just to be able to squeeze ( there is a knack to it!! ) and check.

Don't stress if LO just wants to suckle loads - it's normal and builds up the supply.

Sleep whenever you can and eat whenever you can!!

Enjoy it and take loads of photos cause it will be a blur.... don't have loads of visitors if you're tired unless they are bringing food or support :thumbup:

Congratulations again - fab fab news :happydance:

hx

ps check out the bf section - they even have 1-2-1 bf champions :thumbup:

we're always here too :flower:

hx

Congratulations Rachel, sorry the birth was not great, glad you are both home and well now. Xx As helen said writing it down really helped me. Looking forward to pics. How much didnt weigh? With latching on try not to stress, they dont need much in first few days. I found taken any opportunity of a big wide mouth helped, many times ive popped it in while he was crying. Also found stroking his nose makes him open up. Helen tip of getting oh to be shown too is great, helps to have support t home xxx

I gave up on thursh cream as pain was getting worse not better, and went back to lansinsoh, much less painful today and healing so doubt its thursh, doc wasnt sure.oing to pick up some sheilds tomorrow. Helen im up for an hour and half to 2 hours with him. Id say an hour could be feeding, then we have found laying front down in ur belly helps him. Oh was best at it, but he cant hold him now so its all me in the night which stresses me out as I dint feel as good as him at it and with in out of action im finding it quite hard in evenings and night.

Rach congrats. really really try not to stress about bf, it's not easy but you will get there in the end. I had to express for 6 weeks and give Thomas a bottle instead as he wouldn't stay awake. Keep trying though as it will halo your milk. I thought I was never going to be able to feed thomas but literally one day it just clicked and now I can,t get him off. He wont take a bottle. The pump I used was brilliant. It was an ardo pump. Same one as Lucy . I can give you the details if you want later. looking forward to you story. Lots of love xx

Rach congratulations on the birth of your son and congrats on getting him home. Sorry to hear it was horrendous, it's over now and your home. I am looking forward to hearing all the details. I had a dim moment on Facebook earlier when you had written I am home with my boys, I thought omg she had twins but then I thought oh yes she means hubby and baby.
In regards to the feeding it's stressful in the early days when your just learning and remember we have all been there, we are here for you bit my two cents worth would be just to have baby at your boob as much as you can. I don't know how you all get baby to latch but I sit cross legged and use the cradle hold I take hold of my boob and touch livis top lip with my nipple pointing up this normally stimulates her to open up pretty wide and then I shove it in fast. It takes alot of trial and error to begin with and I remember with euan I could only get a good latch when midwife or someone there too.

I would totally advise against giving formula if you can and I know it's very hard. I gave formula to euan from the beginning and as a result my boobs were never stimulated enough to bring the milk in properly and I ended up combination feeding then quit BF altogether. I only know this now because with livi I was going to do everything possie to BF properly so she was on the boob constantly for the first 4/5 days before it came in.

Wish I could come and see you as we all know how your feeling. Your tired, stressed out, hormonal, emotional and to top it off disappointed about the birth. You are going to be just fine. We are here to help and you can give me a phone anytime you need to if you want aswell, night times are the worst sometimes and since I am 8 hours behind you if you find yourself stressed out at 2am then am here.

Looking forward to hearing mote details about the little man.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->