Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Good luck on Monday rachel. Def take a list of questions and make sure they answer them fully for you. Glad ralph is going with you.

It's a hard decision to make, but as you say there is a lot of positive induction stories. My friend refused induction, and they made her go in every day for fetal monitoring and bp. It may depend on the hospital though.

Jo hope the boobie is feeling better and it's a bit more comfortable for nursing x

Good I am glad Ralph is going with you. Keep reading up the positive induction stories too. Have a great weekend and hope your feeling ok Rach.

Lou your new pic is lovely.

Boob is much better, i can now nurse without crying and tensing my whole body up for the pain, so thats fab. Its still a bit sore but I can cope with it more now.

It's a hard one Rach, my friend was recently induced at 38 + 4 and it didn't work, they had her in hospital for 2 days but nothing happened, so they had to try again a week later. It depends on if your body is receptive to being induced. Hope everything goes ok xx

Thanks Jo, think he is trying to eat his toys rather than look at them.

Glad the boob is feeling better and your feeling more comfortable.

Think ill be going to doc tomorrow. Had sore boob since Friday, hes feeding well and seems to be emptying it, but its still sore, got red rash and hard lump. Feeding laying down today, to try to see if that shifts it by changing position. Hes cluster feeding too so good in a way as may help. Tried heat and massage, but no luck.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Having a slow start... Steven is off Sundays and Mondays but we skype my parents on a Sunday and his on a Monday so we find it difficult to get going. Euan is still slowly munching his way through the kitchen.. he got up at 9.30 and so far has had 2 bowls of cheerios and is on his 2nd piece of toast and banana.

We are supposed to be going out today, kids are dressed and ready. I need to shower and get ready so really I should be doing that rather than coming on here.

Thinking of you Rach, hope it goes well tomorrow.

Lou hope the pain in your boob gets better soon, its frustrating and takes a lot out of you when you have to feed so much in the early days.

Mine was better but its getting worse again, so I am wondering if Livi has reinfected me again or I might need stronger cream. Who knows. Its still better than it was.

Did they not give anything to treat livi at same time? Hope it doesn't get too bad for you. Hope you have a nice family day, do you have anything nice planned?

Tiring today, he's barely put me down all day. Wondering if he will ever sleep!

Hope it all goes well tomorrow rach x

BP was 140/90 so pretty ok for me. Going back on Thursday and then next Monday just for more monitoring. They have booked me an induction for 2 July! I am ok with it. Quite nice having an end date in sight really. And the more I read up the induction stories, the more it seems fine. Also c-section recovery doesnt seem much fun!

I might ask if they can bring it forward a few days. Or maybe give me a sweep when I go in on Monday to see if that gets anything flowing. Its strange sitting here knowing in 2 weeks our baby will be here!

Oh dear, we seem to be suffering sore boobies atm. Hows yours Jo? And Lou? I bought some breast pads that you put in the fridge (like cool packs!) from John Lewis which I think are for sore boobies. I'm no expert tho. Do you think its mastitis?

How much does Foley weigh now Lou? xx

Hi Rachel, must be nice knowing you have a date now. Glad the BP was ok today and your feeling good about the induction. Really isn't long now, it will fly by! Are you all ready for the arrival? Don't see why they wouldn't try the sweep on Monday as you'll be almost 40 weeks, and it only works if your ready, so would just be a push in natures right direction.

Boobs feeling better thanks rach. Yeah doc thinks it was an infection, it was worse on friday, rash was red hot, jess tearful and felt unwell and i was going from sweating to chills in the night. But it felt better yesterday, and i've not needed any pain killers today so i may not take the antibiotics (doc said it was up to me whether to take or not) as think we maybe over the worse as the lump is much smaller now. Think Foleys 10 hour cluster feed might of really helped! Poor DH, it was fathers day and Foley couldn't be away from me for more than 15 minutes! Getting him weighed on Friday, really not sure what he will weigh! They sound like the things for sore boobs to me, think i'll try and pick up as cold did help.

2nd day today alone with Foley, DH back at work. Managed to put him in his sling today to walk the dog. He's def not a huggies boy as both nappies i've used today have had big leaks! With my sore boob not really hurting now and my nippples healing BF starting to feel much nicer and calming, try to feed laying down when i'm at home as love watching him. Off to my dad's for dinner tonight as couldn't stay on Sunday with Foley's cluster feeding. Then off to work tomorrow to show him off, just got to attempt to get out of the house on time!

It's all go for you Lou. You sound like a seasoned Mummy already, going here and there. Duck in water I say!

Aww thanks rach xx - was really worried about paul going back to work on Friday but so far it's going ok. Just some tears from me today after i realised that i had put his nappy on wrong and it had completly soaked all his clothes, he had been red face crying - but i just thought he was hungry and left him while i grabbed somthing to eat, drink and put the washing on.

Did you get your furniture sorted?

Lou things like that happen all the time as a first time mommy and let me tell you as a second time mommy aswell. We are just learning what our babies needs are and we dont always know, we discover them eventually and put it down to a learning curve.
SO glad your boob is feeling much better it gets you down a bit when its painful, just be careful and take the antibiotics if you need to, did the doctor think it was mastitis then because I didnt think that went away by itself if it was?
You were asking me about Livi, they didnt treat her for thrush which was odd and I asked them, the doctor looked in her mouth and said she never had it so not sure. it seems to be totally fine again anyway.

Rach- your BP sounds like its doing ok. Like Lou I think a sweep on Monday can only help if your ready, your MW will have a feel and see if your cervix is 'favourable' to it. Its weird to have an end date with the induction planned. Woohoo to baby being here very soon. Hope your feeling ok.

A big congrats lou :flower:

Hope everyone is doing ok, babies and bumps as well :) hate not being able to get on much anymore, but still think off all my cyber cycle mummies and sisters!

Mason is doing great cant believe he is nearly 3 months old! its flown in!

I'll try and have a proper catch up and be back soon.

Take care xxx

Ah Lou, I'm sure I'll do that at least once, its all part of the learning fun I think. Hope he didnt fuss for too long.

Still waiting for the replacement parts - they said they will be here before the weekend. But they said that last week and delivered them the Monday after the weekend!! I have been relaly unimpressed with M&P esp given how much you pay for their stuff. The call centre dont seem to care either. Rant over!!

hi M2A - Mason's a big boy, love your avatar! Hope all is going well with him xxxxxx

afm, more monitoring tomorrow. I may ask them to bring the induction forward. Think I wont bother with the sweep, dont really fancy a mw fishing around in there.

Rach the sweep is worth thinking about, you could always get your midwife to check if she could do one or not first before deciding. It was the sweep that put me into labour both times :) Good luck with the check up tomorrow. Cant believe M&P are being pains, is this the nursery furniture that is not going together well or the pram?

M2A Its amazing how quick the time passes, nice to hear your doing ok, Mason looks really cute.

We are great, spent today at the lake playing in the water and building sandcastles.

Jo, its the nursery furniture. I have a half built wardrobe and 3 spare parts for it !! (all damaged). Was it thrush that Livi had, has it cleared up?

My waters have been leaking all night - exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also a little annoying, I keep dripping! Am on the sexy maternity pads now. How much is all your waters? How will I know if its just a leak? I've lost about 2 wee's worth, iykwim :)

Also what do your waters smell like, this stuff is kind of sweet smelling.

Ooo exciting rachel! When mine broke it was a lot of water! Tones!! I've heard it is sweet smelling. Have you rung the labour ward? Any other signs yet? Ekk I'm so excited for you!

M2a glad to hear you and mason are doing well. Time really does fly!

Jo so glad the booby all cleared up fine. Sounds like you had a fun day at the lakes!

Thanks jo and rach, we had 2 more leaks that day - but poop!! One went on daddy! All stayed in yesterday. Seeing friends today, then meeting a friend to pick up bits for my bridesmaid dress fitting. Bit nervous about bf in public!

Rach I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!

Just a v v quick one - Rach, so excited, if this is it GOOD LUCK, hope it's nice and easy - when my waters broke I had TONS, about 50 wees worth but I was early and maybe was different. xxxxxxxxxxxx

My waters broke with Euan just before I started pushing him out... and it was with a big whoosh and it hit the floor it sounded like alot of water. With Livi they never broke, she was born in the amniotic sac so the midwife made a hole in the sac as soon as she came out and Steven said the water then poured into a big bowl she had put there and it was quite a bit.

I am so excited for you Rach...

Lou the more you BF in public the easier it seems to get, keep at it and go out and get lots of practice.

It was thrush that I had in my left boob and I think its returning, its not painful to nurse my boob just hurts with shooting pains so will see how it goes over the weekend and might have to go back to the doctor on Monday. I cant get a really good look in Livis mouth but she might just be reinfecting me. The Dr looked but it was a tiny look at the front of her gums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->