Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Lou glad your lanisoh is helping.

I have my BF clinic appointment on Thursday morning. Am worried about supply and want the pains to stop. Looking forward to it. Apparently the appointment is an hour and you have to take a hungry baby as the watch you feed.

Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow Jo. Sounds good that you get an hour with them and they watch you feed. Hope you get some answers about the pain.

Rach hope your feeling better today. Xxx here for you if you want to chat anytime. Xxx

Foley went down early tonight, so bed by ten for me, as prob means hell wake earlier than normal.

Both kids asleep in bed thank goodness. Its been one of those days.. I would say this has been Euans naughtiest day thus far and he easily spent 85% of it in his room, on the naughty step or some other place for time out. He was cheeky, he was hitting us all constantly including Olivia, he was throwing toys around, shouting.... basically just full of attitude all day and I think Livi must be getting her first tooth possible she has been really upset and cranky all day long and that is unlike her.

Olivia still needs her bath and last feed of the day which she has normally had by now but I cant bear to wake her but she is in her bassinet just with her diaper on so I cant leave her for long.

The joys of parenting! Dont get me wrong I love them but today was a real challenge.

:hugs: Jo xx hope your having a better day today and the appointment went well xx

Would someone be able to help me, with the rugby/football hold does the babies back lay on the pillow or their side. Ive completely lost my confidence feeding Foley sitting up, he keeps losing the latch and then hurting me trying to grab back on. Wanted to try new sitting up position as gotta feed round friends tomorrow so cant lay down. Cant see bf support group till next week.

I do rugby hold but Ollie lies on a pillow - he normaily is slightly on his side ( but usually as I lay him on the pillow and he is delving for the boob while i'm still unclipping my bra lol ) his body and legs curl round my side with feet towards my back and head curls round to the front and the boobage.... it's nice as he is supported by the pillows ( boppy bf pillow which rests on another cushion to maintain the height - the boppy is wrapped around my side like Ollie is ) and after he's finished i can lean back with him still laying there and have a chat with him - i popped a pic on but not sure if it helps - will try and get a good one tomorrow

Attachments

• Ollie after kunch.jpg
    Ollie after kunch.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Ollie and boob.jpg
    Ollie and boob.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2
the 1st one is Ollie asleep after lunch ( 2 mths old ) and the other one is my fave bf photo :) just an indulgence really but shows his approach to the boob i guess :)

BF pictures are awesome.

Went to the clinic and this is basically what happened.
The doctor seemed quite good. I don't have thrush neither does Olivia, she says I have a chronically blocked duct because the hold I am using to feed her is not allowing my breast to empty. So she showed me a slight modification which will allow the boob to drain.

Pants thing is I found out that I am failing again at Breast feeding, I really thought Olivia was doing well with me feeding her, she seemed to be putting on weight, she has chubby wrists and legs and never seems to be too hungry and sleeps through the night.

However today she was weighed and she is 13lb5oz which sounds good (although I did weigh her at a street parade last week and it said 14lb so now I am worried she has lost since last week but they must have been off) since she was 7lb 10oz but based on her last weight at the start of May she has only put on 12oz in 2 months which is pretty shit so she is dropping off on the weight curves. She was pretty high and is now just below the 50th percentile, although her height wasnt taken to measure up to it.

The doctor told me that based on my fertility history and PCOS and previous lack of lactation with Euan is is very unlikely that my body can keep up with Olivia's needs as she is growing which based on the weights seems true. She told me I will have to keep a very very close eye on her weights and get them done 1-2 weekly as she is very concerned.

She told me to nurse her more, dont let her sleep through the night because I need to keep the demand-supply thing going a bit more and she also said I should start topping up with formula. Its totally pants as I really thought she was thriving how shite am I? I dont want to start formula as it went rapidly downhil with Euan once I did that. Steven doesn't really get it he thinks starting formula is a good idea and he also says I am thinking more about me than about Olivia which I suppose is a valid point, I feel like such a failure again, its such a basic thing and I am so saddened that it might have to end soon.

I have an appointment on Tuesday with the public health nurses for her 2nd lots of jags so will have her height and weight done then. I am going to nurse her more and nurse her overnight and see if anything happens. Its so confusing because she doesnt seem hungry and she sleeps from 10pm-7am happily so I thought that if she didnt wake then she wasnt hungry.

Anyway thought I would give you the update from today's session.

Try not to stress Jo - Ollie was on 91st percentile, now on 50th hv not worried...... he was 9lb 7 born and is 16lb 7 now ( well as of last week )

If you're worried maybe add in an extra feed and maybe experiment with a dream feed? Has she been more physically active recently - rolling or trying to roll - I was worried as he'd dropped percentiles but if I think about it he was rolling at 12 weeks and had a cold then to - all which impact how they use energy/put on weight...

ps - love that your tickers look like Euan's tractor is racing against Livi's Flower Baby :)

Hi peeps, sorry for the short post but i have a quick q. My boobs are rock hard. How often do you think i should pump today to maximise what i can express? every hour? And also for how long. Thank you experienced mummies!!! xxxxx

Thanks Helen. She started rolling from her back onto tummy last week and does it constantly and she is currently trying to roll the opposite way but not quite got that one yet.

Going to feed her more and yes did a dream feed last night.

Rach hello. I would say every hour is a bit much otherwise you will do nothing else. Every 2 hours should be more than sufficient to ease your discomfort and get a good supply going.

or just feed him if you can get a latch - call the mw and ask for the support workers to come out to you....

Jo dont beat yourself up. I'd be a bit confused too as from all I've read and info I have got from my friend who bf her first for 9 months and current who is 8 months they will wake when hungery. I can't see how livi can not be getting enough milk but sleep 9 hours. Maybe as Helen said experiment with a dream feed or and extra feed on the day. You are not a failure, you are doing great and livi is a happy baby. Try not to worry, see what the Health nurse says. Big :hugs:

thanks Helen, those pics are great. Love the close up! So it's a side on approach. Will give it a go tonight. Going to pick up a proper bf pillow tomorrow.

Hi rach, I was told every 3 hours to try and feed him during the day in first few days. But if he woke earlier it be every 2. Took couple of days to stop being overly huge. You could try expressing a little then seeing if he can latch. As Helen said you could as for support worker to come and help you. Hope your doing ok xxx not sure for how long as not expressed yet, but need to reach the hind milk. Not sure how long that takes to come through when expressing.

Hope it went ok - i just love the pillow as he can lie how he is comfy and i have free hands - and just the general comfort that he is supported.

My pillow is a boppy and is quite firm so provides alot of support - saw reviews saying it is too small but i am massive and it stretches out fine....

Hi all, I've just posted my birth plan in my journal if you fancy a read

Promise to catch up properly soon! More expressing to be done right now for me .. !

Rach read your birth story it does sound like you certainly had a time of it.

Rach just read your birth story. Sounds like quite an ordeal. Glad all is well now and your home. Hope your doing ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->