Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

ive just posted a reply to a thread and thought my sisters may also have some advice! Here is the post:

hi girls, i just wondered if there were any -ves to trying these things

i suffered 2nd mmc last week and am interested in giving these both a go (prog cream & low dose aspirin).

With aspirin, doesnt this thin your blood? So could it couse -ve things for uterine lining?

also, whats the effet of having too much progesterone in your body? Nothing and your body just expels what it doesnt use each day?

I was also thinking of upping folic acid, again does anyone know if having too much of this in your system is bad or does it just get expelled if you dont use it?

thank you, sorry for all the questions!!!!!

:plane:

Hope you're ok.....

Personally, I decided not to take aspirin as my Dr advised me against it. I went to see my GP after my 2nd mmc desperate for answers and one of my questions was about low dose aspirin. She told me that taking it unecessarily could be detrimental as it's only useful when you've been diagnosed with sticky blood / clotting issues. It's a personal choice but all the reading I did put me off the idea.

I'm afraid I didn't look into progesterone really. After my 1st mmc (during the 12 months it took us to conceive again) I had routine hormone tests including 21 day progesterone which was normal so I figured this wasn't an issue for me.

Regarding folic acid, I was advised to stick to my usual 400ug dose but increase my intake of natural folic acids through food. Pregnancy / women's health recipe books are great for suggestions on how to do this.

Hope this helps x

Hay rach, hope your doing ok xxx

I take b6 to try and increase my progestrone, but i only do this as i know my progestrone is very low from my blood tests. You could see if they would do a 21day progestrone test for you if you think it may be an issue? I just take the reconmended dose of folic acid too, but i do as lauren does and try and increase it naturally through the foods i eat. I have never looked into baby asprin, so not able to advice on that.

Sorry your doctor is pants, is there another surgery near by you could change too if your cant change doctors at your current one?

x

hi girls, thanks for your help again, sorry to be hogging the boards!

i had the prog tests after 1st mmc and was told there were no probs, so actually I'm probably ok there (as long as it doesnt dip when i get pg!)

thanks for looking these up for me h, you're a star!

I seem to be doing ok. Ralph had to go to work today but is hopefully comig home early and not working the rest of the week. I thought I would be moping around but so far I have showered, face masked, filed nails & removed nail varish from toes! Oh and loaded dishwasher & made bed!

I think its all going to hit me when i get af in a few weeks and I start the awful game of ttc again x

Well i had first MW appointment today :) and have been booked for an ealry scan a 6 weeks next thursday :), done digi this morning and its 2-3 now :happydance:, more bloods tomorrow to ensure contiunig rising levels so all is weel just now :) another MW appointment on friday as well.....i have to say im so pleased with the care this early on its been great :thumbup:

M2A. congrats on the digi 2-3, its great when it goes up isn't it!! Glad you're getting an early scan, puts mind at rest a bit to see bean.

Kanga, I don't know much about progesterone - I had mine checked and it was normal so never looked into it. I considered taking aspirin but I read up a bit on it and decided against it, I didn't think I had a blood clotting thing and I think I worried about taking it for some reason - can't remember why now though. I took double the dose of folic acid while TTC - its just that came in my prenatals (fertility plus for women). I have quite a few friends who were put on high doses and I don't think theres any harm in taking extra. Hope you're ok hun, you sound very positive at the moment but make sure you come and let us know if you're have a down day. We'll be here to buoy you up xxxxxxxx

AFM I'm off on hols - Cornwall, 10 days, YAY!!! Took today off to pack/tidy house. Have done nothing!! Going to be a frantic morning tomorrow.

Lucy xxxxx

thats great M2A, glad you are getting good service!

Lucy, a girl after my own heart. Packing is definitely a frantic morning job - it expands into the amount of time you have anyway!!

Kanga - like the others said... i read up about aspirin and considered taking it but since I am a nurse I have a bit too much knowledge and i decided not to risk it incase. I had my progesterone checked and my levels seemed to be ok so i was not worried about that and in terms of the folic acid it does not do any harm to take a bit extra. Over here in Canada the daily recommendation of folic acid for at least 3 months pre conceiving and until 12 weeks is 1mg so i guess 2.5 times the UK recommended dose. I just took that and trying to eat foods rich in folic acid at the same time.

M2A - its wonderful when that digi goes up, I am so pleased for you! It does sound like your getting great care. Just bear in mind when you have your scan at 6 weeks there may not be a heart beat yet to see.. so don't be scared if that is the case. I had one at 6 weeks and i was lucky but i was told before hand that its not there more than it is at this stage. It sounds like everything is going great though...yay! Good Luck with the blood work tomorrow I am sure it will be fine.

I had my nuchal translucency scan today and the measurement was pretty small, so I am pleased with that and it was nice to see bubs again. DH came this time.... it took such a long time to get the measurement at first the baby looked like it was sitting up.. so i had to drink and walk around they tried again and it had turned but was sitting up in the opposite direction this time... same procedure drink/walk, baby was semi recumbent but they need it lying down to measure the neck fold properly and 4th time lucky baby was lying down perfectly. At least thats another thing out of the way and its going to be ages now before the next scan.

I changed midwifes today and have my first appointment next week...looking forward to it, i am going to the same one i had before with my son don't know why i never went there in the first place but it was very comforting even speaking on the phone as they remembered me and it will be so nice.

Where are you all today... you obviously have more than a life than I have. I am at work right now and sneaking a peak at B&B and about to head home in about 10 minutes so yippee!

Haha! Jo, glad the scan went well, you'll get your results soon! M2a, great news about the digi, does make feel better doesn't it!! Rach, hope you're ok xxx afm, I think I felt baby move last night, it felt like someone 'flicked' me from inside!! X

Jo good news about the scan and the midwife change. Glad your feeling much happier with them

em wow how amazing!! That's great!!

M2a great news about digi, seems like your being treated well which is great!

Rach hope your doing ok xxx

I'm off to NYC tomorrow so be my last post. EDD pasted this week and I felt ok, think weekend away and packing has kept me busy. AF due nxt tues while away, then consultant appt when get back. Sitting in traffic on m25 on way to airport hotel, very excited! Hope you all have a lovely weekend and
d week xxx

Lou - your going to have the best time in NYC, its going to be awesome. Looking forward to seeing some pics on FB.

Em - woohooo amazing news! It starts like little flickers inside and soon it will be unmistakeable baby yay!

Have fab time in NYC Lou, I'm v jealous! x

:happydance: for your flicks pink, it must have been lovely x

as for me, doing ok, not really wanting to go back to work but I have next week off to deal with that I suppose. Had a few crys today. Spending too much time looking on BnB. also contemplating whether or not to have the immune system bloods done, cost about £800 tho, dh thinks not, I'm still unsure x

I am SO looking forward to BB tonight!! hehe, 4 evictions. Loving it

btw does everyone like their little people on the front page ? :blush:

Have a fab time in NY :)

Yes kanga i like my little person :D, hope your doing ok hun :hugs:

Well i got my bloods back in 6 days theyve risin from 133 to 2040 :thumbup:, had midwife for first appointment today all the boring bits etc....didnt seem quite real yet....trying not to get hopes up :) got scan 2nd sept :D x

M2A thats great news... a nice rise there in your HCG levels well done.

Kanga I like my little person too and my due date is 22 February. I had forgotten to do that before.

Its great that you have another week off to have lots of you time! Its a lot of money for the blood tests what do they show up exactly?

Rach I like my little man!!! £800 for bloods, whew!! If it gives you peace of mind I'm sure it's worth it though if it gives you answers. Good luck. M2a, levels looking great! Fingers x'd for you! Lou!! Am sooo jealous!!! Have a fantastic time!!! X hope you all have a great weekend!! X

Girls!! I forgot to tell you, I borrowed my friend's Doppler, been trying to find hb since 10 weeks but I finally got it this afternoon!!! ;-) yay!!! Xx

Hey All :)

Lou - have a fab time - you never know - you may be coming home "with bean" :)

:hugs: Rachel - it's good you have some time away from work

Em - yey for the hb!!

M2A - fab news on the bloods!!! :)

My ankles are swollen - have requested a workplace assesment - on my week off they went right back down and 1st day back they blew up again - go down each night but never back to normal and have gotten worse each day :(

hx

M2A, great news on the hcg levels, hope you found it comforting. and not long to your scan :happydance:

h, definitely get that work assessment, and ditch all overtime if you can (if like me you dont get paid for it!)

pink, exciting news re the doppler :yipee: xx

goddess I've added your due date hun

Key, whats your due date?

Does anyone apart from Lolly know the sex yet or is anyone staying definitely on team yellow? we have someone due every month from November - exciting stuff!

btw I'm on facebook, pm me your full name and I'll look you up!

As for the bloods, I'm not actually sure what they will show :blush: But I think its things like if you have embryo attacking cells, any overactive immunity that kills the embryo, that sort of thing

I don't get paid for ot either so yep I have been leaving on time and taking my lunch :) They have "pregnancy" chairs which you see around the office - I'm hoping for one of these.

Rachel - if you think it will help you then it's worth considering. I was thinking about doing the hair analysis in January this year - depends if you can afford it really. I will def be looking up stuff about aspirin and progesterone this week - lying with your feet up each night after work isn't condusive to proper web surfing :flower:

I am finding out next Friday :happydance: so will find out my team then - might have to repost my 12week scan for nub guesses.

hx

Sisters, am checking in from Cornwall, glad all ok.

Love new front page Kanga - thank you!!

HB, yes you need to get your ankle situation sorted, is it from sitting all day?

Lou, have a fab time in NY, I love it there, v v jealous!!

Hotpink, congrats on the heartbeat!! Wish I had a doppler now, I felt a few taps last weekend and on and off through week which I'm sure were movements but nothing for 48 hours so am bit worried but I know still early days and could be in a different position which I cant feel.Cant help but worry though Hope all is ok in there.

Raining here in Cornwall, in a lovely hotel though with a really nice spa, have booked lots of treaments. OH off doing watersports and golf so we're both happy. We'ree off to beach for a walk in the rain now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->