Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

hypnobirth and using the birthing pool for me - will put one together with our hypnobirthing teacher I think - will include stuff such as wanting to expel the placenta naturally, not to cut the cord till it finishes pulsating, low lighting, Oliver to be left with us for an hour post birth to breastfeed and bonding prior to all the weighing and stuff etc etc all providing all is well of course.....

Happy entertaining goddess! Have fun wuth the folks x

H, your birth plan sounds really lovely, just what I'd want actually. I've seen a lot of ppl mention about the pulsating placenta - whats the idea behind waiting? Is it that you are still feeding the baby until it stops pulsating?

Appt went ok, we are both being tested for various things. And I'm having a uterus scan to see if abnormal shape (seems a bit ridiculous given I have had 5 scans in my lifetime - surely the sonographer should have noted any abnormalities!!). nhs don't believe in natural kills cells so we are not being tested for that.

Results take 7-8 weeks. No AF yet but my first after mc last time was 5 weeks (although I did have a period 4 weeks ago so not sure if that was the 'first'). Do you think I should test?

just noticed we have over 1200 posts on our group - my, aren't we a chatty lot!! hehe

Back from scan - all ok - fluid seems to have gone down to normal so no more scans unless measurements go bananas. She could see that Oliver was swallowing as his bladder was visable - so happy!! and V day too!!

Hey Rachel - it's good you are getting all the testing done. No harm in testing really - just an emotional drain on you but you sound like you're in a good place mentally.

Waiting for the cord to stop pulsating means quite a lot of blood travels to the baby that would otherwise be lost - with nutrients etc. They normally inject you straight after the birth so you expel the placenta quickly and have to cut the cord immediately so the injection doesn't cross over to the baby.

hx

rach, i'd test, good luck!! glad appointment went ok xx Hb, don't really know much about hypnobirthing but i had a natural 2nd stage instead of the injection and found it lots better. placenta came away no problem but with my first birth i had the injection and placenta came out but the edges stayed in. girls, i'm a bit worried, found a lump in the side of my left breast last week, doctor doesn't think it's anything to worry about but i have an appointment today at 2pm at the breast clinic. am so scared. please wish me luck :-( x

GL hun x let us know how it goes x

Happy V day Helen :happydance: Great news about your scan and that the fluid levels have decreased, and ickle Oliver swallowing yay! I still find it amazing that things like that happen inside us!

It's crazy isn't it!! it was mad seeing him moving and feeling it at the same time! :cloud9:

Good luck Em - hoping it's just your breasts changing with the pregnancy - always best to check :hugs:

hx

Good luck Em with your appointment - you're doing the right thing getting it checked out, hopefully it will be nothing and your mind will be put at rest. Fingers crossed for you.

Happy V Day Helen - I started to chill out a bit in week 25. I'm still counting down to 37 where I think I'll realise this is going to happen this time. I'm not sure any of us will really believe it until we have our babies in our arms though.

My birthday was lovely yesterday. The spa was absolutely brilliant for my aching back and so relaxing to float about in the warm water. We went to Jamie's Italian for lunch and then back home via a friends house for a cuppa. My friend is a midwife and she surprised me by offering to listen in wth her doppler and palpate my tummy. This meant that OH could hear Livi's heartbeat again (he hasn't heard it since 23 weeks) and she confirmed Livi is head down facing my left side. It really was a great end to a fab day - so far being 31 isn't half bad! OH bought me some new Ugg boots ready for winter and some beautiful tan leather gloves - spoilt rotten.

Hope everyone else is feeling well and positive x x

Good luck em at your appointment xx

Hapy V day Helen! Great news about Oliver, must have been lovely seeing him moving around xx Your birth plan sounds lovely

Rach good news they are doing some tests, there's no harm in testing if you feel ready too xx

Lauren sounds like you had a lovely birthday and was spolit rotten. xx

AFM doc's yesterday went well, she was sooo happy for me, bless her. She said she couldn't get me a early scan, but midwife may be able to pull some strings. She said to still go to the consultant appointment next week, just in case they want to monitor me more closely or anything. Feeling quiet happy and positive, just keep yarwning while i'm teaching!!

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Good luck em at your appointment xx

Hapy V day Helen! Great news about Oliver, must have been lovely seeing him moving around xx Your birth plan sounds lovely

Rach good news they are doing some tests, there's no harm in testing if you feel ready too xx

Lauren sounds like you had a lovely birthday and was spolit rotten. xx

AFM doc's yesterday went well, she was sooo happy for me, bless her. She said she couldn't get me a early scan, but midwife may be able to pull some strings. She said to still go to the consultant appointment next week, just in case they want to monitor me more closely or anything. Feeling quiet happy and positive, just keep yawning while i'm teaching!!

Hope everyone else is doing well xx[/QUOTE]

sorry for double post, silly thing playing up, post had gone missing, then re-appeared!

Glad you had a fab b-day Lauren - next one you'll get a present from Livi too :)

Glad the docs went well Lou :)

hx

hi girls, just a quick update, got checked out by a consultant, she said it's muscle but pregnancy can change breast tissue making things feel different. defo glad i was checked out though. x

yey!!!! :happydance: you can relax and enjoy your weekend :)

hx

Great news Em... Its so common for our boobies to change in pregnancy. It can be a bit scary though. Sounds like everyone is doing well.

excellent news Em :happydance: pg sure knows how to scare us from all angles!

AF arrived with avengance in the night, omg, I nearly passed out with the pain :cry: I'm suitably drugged up now tho complete with hot water bottle. Supposed to ge boing to Ascot races today, do you think I can go in Jeans and baggy jumper!!

Did you boing to Ascot then Rachel ? :) Sorry AF got you :hugs: painkillers and hot waterbottles were my best friends the first couple of cycles - neurofen with codeine in particular!! Definately get a long hot bath too.

AFM - aquanatal was brilliant - shattered now!

hx

How are we all ladies? :flower:

Sorry AF got you rach :hugs: snuggle up on the couch with your hot water bottle and some choc :). My first AF the pain was awful as well....hope you feel better soon :)

Helen - Glad aqau was good, would you recommend? they do classes here free from 16 weeks so im thinking i'll give it a try :).

Em - Thats great news theres nothing for you to worry about, hope you enjoying your weekend now :kiss:

Lou - Glad things are still going well, im so chuffed for you hun, hopefully you'll be able to get a scan soon and can help relax you a bit :), are you getting bloods done or anything?

Sounds like you had a great birthday Lauren :) and got spoiled rotten, sounds brill! I love my UGG boots :), managed to get a pair for £40 in tkmaxx yesterday! total bargin :D

AFM - Scan tomorrow.....absolouty crapping myself :nope:, trying to picture the bad news in my head so im more prepared, and OH is waiting in the waiting room, until we know if all is ok then he can come in. Just sat out in the garden and had homemade burgers and salad was yummy! :), the sun is shining here, so just off to hang washing out and OH's cut the grass. having a lazy day :) x

I would definately recommend it - really enjoyable - bouncing around and no worry about bump or joints ( I have dodgy knees from having fallen arches - doing things like squats and high impact usually hurts )

Good luck at your scan tomorrow :flower:

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"