• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cycle Buddy Central!

Hi ladies. It is definitely hard to relax when you want a baby so bad and especially when you are doing all sorts of things to try to make it happen. Even more so when you have been TTC for a long time. That's why I just started paying attention to my own body and only checking my CM.
I really wish I could make time pass quicker for you both :)

Time is passing so slowly, I agree! Although AF just stopped last night for me so thats pretty exciting for me. It's a very weird (good weird) feeling DTDing for the first time with baby making being the purpose! All my life I've been very careful not to get pregnant before I want to. And now that I'm trying for that exact reason...it's so surreal!

What were your thoughts the first month you started TTC?

Time is passing so slowly, I agree! Although AF just stopped last night for me so thats pretty exciting for me. It's a very weird (good weird) feeling DTDing for the first time with baby making being the purpose! All my life I've been very careful not to get pregnant before I want to. And now that I'm trying for that exact reason...it's so surreal!

Yes, all of this! :) I can't imagine what it would be like to be actually pregnant!

Yes, all of this! :) I can't imagine what it would be like to be actually pregnant!

It is the most wonderful intense "high" when you get that :bfp: for the very first time. For me, it was a very private emotional moment (I am tearing up now thinking about it) when I realized that my dreams of becoming a mommy were happening.

I'd like to hope that is how it is for every woman when she finds out and hope that I am lucky enough to experience it for a second time!

It is the most wonderful intense "high" when you get that :bfp: for the very first time. For me, it was a very private emotional moment (I am tearing up now thinking about it) when I realized that my dreams of becoming a mommy were happening.

I'd like to hope that is how it is for every woman when she finds out and hope that I am lucky enough to experience it for a second time!

That is so sweet! :) Did you rush to tell your DH or surprise him?

I would be so excited I don't think I could wait! :)

Actually no I didn't lol! It took me a day to find the words. We werent trying per say at that time so i was a bit nervousy. I did chart back then, but not as accurately as now.

I told him while snorkeling (we lived in Maui at that time) and managed to blurt it out when we came up for air. Lol, not the smoothest way either. He was like "hey do you see that fish?" and I was like "cool! Hey so I'm pregnant." insert DH shocked face for about an hour... Lol (we were both really happy though ;))

Actually no I didn't lol! It took me a day to find the words. We werent trying per say at that time so i was a bit nervousy. I did chart back then, but not as accurately as now.

I told him while snorkeling (we lived in Maui at that time) and managed to blurt it out when we came up for air. Lol, not the smoothest way either. He was like "hey do you see that fish?" and I was like "cool! Hey so I'm pregnant." insert DH shocked face for about an hour... Lol (we were both really happy though ;))

See, I say I wouldn't be able to keep the news to myself, but I think I would just blurt it out too! Lol. :)

Wow you guys moved from one extreme to the other! Are you from Hawaii originally? Or do you move around for work (military etc)?

No not military. From the south states originally. Heres a little fun story about DH and I...

DH and I had a dream to live there (we were not married then but def in love and knew we would go that way). So, we worked our a$$es off, sold all of our stuff and moved there. DH proposed the night before we left, I said "heck yes!" and set our wedding for the next summer.

Funnily enough, I found out A MONTH later after we moved there that I was pregnant. AND get this- LO was due on the day we set the date for our wedding! Lol, it was truly ironic.

I still joke about Hawaii being "fertile ground"

And we live in Alaska now cause DH lived here for a few years growing up and loves it

Wow that is so cool! :) Definatly fertile ground! I've never been to Hawaii before, maybe I should visit!! :)

Alaska looks so beautiful, I was watching a show based in Alaska last night and it looks so beautiful. I still want to visit there someday! Is there lots to do or is it geared more for fishing etc?

Wow that is so cool! :) Definatly fertile ground! I've never been to Hawaii before, maybe I should visit!! :)

Alaska looks so beautiful, I was watching a show based in Alaska last night and it looks so beautiful. I still want to visit there someday! Is there lots to do or is it geared more for fishing etc?

The summers are GORGEOUS and yes lots to do! Especially if you are into nature and outdoor stuff! I like camping and bike riding and hiking so all awesome activities here :) in the winter, it is very beautiful too, with lots of skiing/snowboarding... and for the rest who don't ski/snowboard, they stay in and make babies. Lol!

I'm not very outdoorsy but I love those thins as well, I've always heard that Alaska is for people who are into fishing etc, so I had to ask a local! :) I wonder if there really is a lot of babies born after a long winter! Lol :) Do you think you'll stay in Alaska or try someplace new?

I'm not very outdoorsy but I love those thins as well, I've always heard that Alaska is for people who are into fishing etc, so I had to ask a local! :) I wonder if there really is a lot of babies born after a long winter! Lol :) Do you think you'll stay in Alaska or try someplace new?

Who knows with our track record lol! I do want to move back to the beach at some point and time though. I really miss it!

How about you? Are you originally from Canada? Been there all your life?

Living at the beach would be awesome, I grew up near the beach and miss the ocean so much!

I'm from Canada - born and raised! :) I'm originally from the other side of the country (Nova Scotia on the east coast of Canada, and moved to the west coast to Alberta). Canada is so vast and each region is so different that it took a lot of getting used to when we first moved. Nova Scotia is all about the ocean and fishing and Alberta has the oil feilds and cattle ranches...lol :)

Living at the beach would be awesome, I grew up near the beach and miss the ocean so much!

I'm from Canada - born and raised! :) I'm originally from the other side of the country (Nova Scotia on the east coast of Canada, and moved to the west coast to Alberta). Canada is so vast and each region is so different that it took a lot of getting used to when we first moved. Nova Scotia is all about the ocean and fishing and Alberta has the oil feilds and cattle ranches...lol :)

Nice! I have only driven through some parts of Canada (never really got to visit) but always wanted to!

Do you remember which provinces you've driven through?

You should visit, I love it here except for winter weather, but you know all about that as we have similar climates! :wacko: We can switch it up, you come here and I'll go to Alaska! Hehe.

Is living in Alaska expensive? Our northern territories are a really expensive place to live; seeing phots of prices in grocery stores up there just blows your mind! (Canada is more expensive then the US, but nothing like Canada's north!)

Do you remember which provinces you've driven through?

You should visit, I love it here except for winter weather, but you know all about that as we have similar climates! :wacko: We can switch it up, you come here and I'll go to Alaska! Hehe.

Is living in Alaska expensive? Our northern territories are a really expensive place to live; seeing phots of prices in grocery stores up there just blows your mind! (Canada is more expensive then the US, but nothing like Canada's north!)

I drove up through Alberta, Britsh Columbia and Yukon on my way to AK.

Yep, Alaska is pretty pricey but they do pay jobs well here (plus the state gives you $ to live here every year too which is a nice bonus lol:)

Just read through this post...nice to learn a little more about each of you. :)

Alberta was probably the best part of the trip! Hehe Kidding! :) We're soooo close to the Rocky Mountains though; they are so beautiful! :)

You get paid to live there??! I remember reading that on a travel blog somewhere and thinking it was a joke. The guy was pretty negative about living there and was just saying "people are there because they're paid to" Does everyone get money? What if you're homeless? I'll stop with the questios! Lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->