Cycle Buddy Central!

Thanks sweetpea! :)

I'm ready, just waiting now... I feel like I'm being super dramatic! Lol

Please let us know what happens!

I tested bfn yesterday at either 9dpo or 6dpo lol. I am still unsure of when I ovulated. I don't feel too hopeful about this cycle so far because I have zero preggo symptoms but of course that doesn't always mean anything.

How is everyone?

I have hypothyroidism. Just took my first (of many) dose of Synthroid :wacko:

At least have a possible reason for not conceiving yet. Also my doc said I may still lose weight - I wanna GAIN weight :(

Keep testing sweetpea!! :)

i'm waiting for test results and then i gotta see if i can start saving for ivf :p

Hi Ladies

How are you all doing? Haus, I am opposite to you, I am hyperthyroid. I have to take 10mg carbimazole every day, and my baby may come out slightly hypothyroid cos of the medication. But they said I had to take it. The only bonus is I get extra scans to check baby's growth.

How much is IVF Horsey? I looked up costs here in NZ before I got my BFP, and knew it was way out of our financial reach :(

Sweetpea, it does look like you ovulated, just hard to pinpoint exactly when. Maybe this difference in cycle will be a good thing!

Horsey when do the results come back? How much is ivf?

i dunno. i have a feeling my doc is waiting for all the results to come back and then she'll call with the rundown? this is the "recurrent miscarriage workup," so we're looking for the reasons why.... yesterday was my due date, but alas no baby. :cry:

ivf is at least 20 thousand dollars. i am trying to think of a crafty way to NOT do a wedding registry and instead ask people to contribute money? maybe i can say we're trying to buy a house? my family - they're all persian so i bet they're all gonna give us $ anyway, but e's family are whities LOL and he says cash is a tacky gift. Puhleeeez! what's tacky is people giving money to bed bath beyond for DISHES when what we need is a baby and a house.

yes, ivf is way out of our financial reach, but i feel no hope of having a baby now and am desperate at the same time. so that's the last resort. i'll sell my kidney to try it. j/k havent figured it out. but we are in debt for school loans, paying healthcare costs and working normal jobs. we are renting.... you get the idea. it would be a desperate move - and we'd have to ask people for help - and it probably wont work............... it is weird. yesterday, i came to admit to myself i never really thought i would be having a baby right now. it never felt like it would really happen - and now i'm realising that i cant imagine really having a baby and it will probably never happen. -like i decided to face the reality - that it is not in the cards for me. and at the same time, that can not be true!!!! i would do anything for a real family and i dont know if i've given up or if im more desperate than ever. blech.

sweetpea, what rachel said. i really hope the strange cycle is going to do the trick!

Hey girls sorry I haven't been around..I was away for a friends wedding for a long weekend :)

Haus- sorry to hear about the diagnosis :( but I hope the meds will get you on your way to your bfp!

Sweetpea- your cycle is very strange sometimes our bodies are off for no reason. I hope your bfp is coming, I had no symptoms when I got mine, they didn't show until a couple weeks after my bfp.

Horsey- :hugs: I am sorry you are feeling so down :( we all have our good and bad days and I hope things turn around for you because you so deserve it. I wouldn't even worry about Ivf yet I bet you won't even need to go there. I have a feeling if you get on a progesterone supplement that your next pregnancy will stick.

Horsey, I agree with Rachel. We know you CAN get pregnant so that is the first big step. You will conceive again (with or without IVF) and the progesterone supplements will most likely be the trick with a sticky bean. I have a friend who is about your age, was trying for 2 years to get preggo and suffered from 2 or 3 mc. She got pregnant again, got on progesterone and BAM. 35 weeks preggo now. Don't give up hope.

AFM, I am ready to start fertility testing. I'm worried about the $$ but I want a baby so as long as they take payments lol. I feel like I should follow my own advice a bit. I feel hopeless too. We have been trying for a year and Nothing. Not even a chemical preg or anything (not that I would wish for that). I know I could get pregnant in the past (LO proves that) but I can't fathom what is causing my secondary infertility. It is so hard. I want to give up all the time :(

Thanks ladies! I'm still bummed about the diagnosis, but like my DH said it's kind of what we expected :( So far I'm on the lowest dose of Synthroid, but my doctor says he is confident that it will need to be upped - we're just seeing how I respond to the med and I'll have to have another draw in a few weeks. Bex, do you know if you get extra scans if you're hypothyroid as well? It must be nice to see your LO more often! :)

Sweetpea, how much is fertility testing? Too bad you guys don't have a health care system like ours :(

Damn, Rachel and Bex your pregnancies are flying by!

Oh I don't know. Every test costs money. Like a lot. I have insurance but I have a ded so I'm gonna guess a lot of the tests will go towards that first. Meaning.... I still end up paying a good chunk of it myself. It's so stupid, no one can have anything major done medically in this country without going into debt. Unless you live off the government and then it's free.

It's frustrating! My ded starts over in Jan so I may as well wait this month out. Annual is scheduled for January 13th so that's a good time as any to start the testing

Does being hypothyroid affect baby's growth? If so, you may get extra scans. I am not sure, and different countries do different things. My friend in the UK is hypothyroid and has been for ages, so they have been taking her blood regularly, and upping her dose when required, but she doesn't think she will get any more scans now, unless there is a problem. She is at the same stage in pregnancy as me. I am happy to get more scans, they will occur at approximately 30, 34 and 38 weeks, but judging by my rapidly growing belly, this baby is growing just fine

I know what your feeling sweetpea, the healthcare in this country is a joke. We had to spend a lot of money between co pays, deductibles, premiums, and whatever my health insurance didn't cover at all like fertility treatments. We probably spent 4-5k on healthcare last year and the extra expenses aside from the premiums was because of me dh didn't spend barely anything. Healthcare shouldn't be allowed to cost that much :growlmad:

Today is the day we get to find out the gender I am so excited!! It is not for about 6 more hours I will let you girls know tonight or tomorrow morning what we are having :)

I am so upset though because dh took a half day and we were going to get dinner and maybe do some shopping for the baby after and I came down with a cold which I am sure I got from the stupid airplane I was on on Monday :growlmad: i hate being sick :(

Sorry you are sick Rachel :( BUT I am SO excited to find out what you are having! Keep us posted <3

yay rachel and rmsh, im glad you are back in action on our little thread. sweetpea, this SUCKS doesnt it. i just had all the blood tests done and i hope i dont get a heart attack when i see the bill. i havent even scheduled the appointment with the fertility doc (that's what's next) cause it's all going to be out of pocket and we're barely making ends meet before the medical bills. -i'm asking my dad to help with our wedding.....and i want to blurt out to him - or maybe we should skip all this and you can pay my doctor to see if i can have a baby!!!!! a lot of times, i dont want to get married at all if im not going to get to have kids. what for. my husband doesnt carry me to bed like haus's and i still have to work anyway :p. haus, sounds like you are on the right track and praise canada for taking care of its people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->