Cycle Buddy Central!

Congrats Rachel!! :)

Bex, all I know is that if my hypothyroidism was left untreated my LOs may have mental difficulties and I would have an increased rsk of misscarriage. I kinda want the extra scans hehe. I don't even feel hypothyroid, I'm thin, ovulating, etc. The only symptom I have is my hair is falling out like crazy, it's weird!!

Wow, you guys that is nuts! I can't imagine paying for healthcare! All of my appointments, draws etc were 100% free (covered by taxes). We basically chose whatever doctor we want to see, show our health card, and then just walk out afterwards - no bill. We pay for dental visits though, but with my DH 's insurance 85% of that visit is covered and I end up paying about $50.

Yay for team pink Rachel!

You might get extar scans then Haus, if they are worried about baby's growth. Good thing to get this under control now, though they will probably up your meds when you get pregnant, apparently that is normal. Being hypERthyroid is apparently the better of the two, and from my readings, my baby could be on the small side, but otherwise fine. The meds I am on may make her a bit hypothyroid, but my midwife said my hormones may balance out before she is due, so I can stop the meds. I hope that happens!

Medical care over here is pretty much free too. We pay to see a GP, but maternity visits are free, and my prescriptions are cheaper than normal. If you wish to go private, you can, but you will pay, so I am using the free public system. My obstetrician appointments are all free, and all my blood tests. I could not imagine paying for all this, especially now we have no jobs, argghhhh

Girls all around! Congrats Rachel! I had a *gut* feeling you were gonna say girl :)

I'm waiting for AF. All bfn all around blah! I'm thinking about just taking a "real break" this month- no temping no nothing and just go with the flow

AF will be here today. Girls, let me ask you something. What kind of testing should I do? I don't even know where to start with this. Should I start with DH sperm? He doesn't have insurance so how does this work exactly. If its a problem with low sperm count, then I would rather know (cheaply) then go through all this testing with me that could cost me a small fortune.

Help!

Sweetpea you are right, getting your dh checked first is the easiest and cheaper of the tests. Then from there you can ask your dr to do cd 3 and cd21 bloods to check your hormone levels. Maybe get an ultrasound as well. Good luck :hugs:

sweetpea, the lab lost my blood or something? when i figure out how much my cd3 tests were, i will let you know. OH still has to do sperm analysis and then there are some other things where i dont know how much all that costs - like they do an hsg to check your tubes? no clue on that stuff yet..........

yep. i wanted to wait to find out about the cd3 labs and then consider scheduling an appointment with the fertility doc. all of that has to come out of pocket, but they monitor your follicles on the ultrasound and tell you whether you are actually ovulating or give you a trigger shot to make sure you do o at the right time. i figure the hsg would be necessary if nothing happens and there are also a few other tests like a saline test to check your uterus walls - and there are some other things. sigh,

Oh nm I just read up on it. Checks for blockages and abnormalities. Yeah I think maybe I either have hormone level issues or hopefully something easily fixable. I'm scared to find out something is really wrong like PID or something like they tell me "you just can't have kids anymore" :( that's thinking the worst but the thought scares me

Sweetpea, I'll bet you dollars it's nothing like that xoxo

I heard back from the doc and she says my thyroid stimulating hormone and prolactin levels are a little high. Help! What does this mean? I'm scared!

Horsey my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is high. I have hypothyroidism. When your TSH is elevated it indicates an underactive thyroid. With (untreated) hypothyroidism you are more likely to have issues with ovulating and carrying a pregnancy as your risk for misscarriage is higher. I don't even understand how I am hypothyroid (aside from the elevated TSH) as the only symptoms I'm having are feeling sluggish and my hair is falling out. I'm LOSING weight and am clearly ovulating - it's frustrating.

Ladies, do you guys adjust your temps if you wake up early/late? I've read you should add .1 for every half hour and minus .1 for every half hour earlier or later respectively. I usually temp at 6:30am, and woke up today at 8am so I subtracted .3 and I'm at coverline...should I use the original temp??

Sweetpea, I'll bet you dollars it's nothing like that xoxo

I heard back from the doc and she says my thyroid stimulating hormone and prolactin levels are a little high. Help! What does this mean? I'm scared!

I pm'd you all the stuff I know of prolactin. I am sure they will want to retest you before deciding anything, to rule stress out of the equation :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->