• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cystic hygroma and CVS....waiting for results

No news to report here.

I'm still waiting for my full cvs results which are due tomorrow/Monday.

I also have another scan on Monday to see how things are going.....

I'm a bit nervous about that .....

Hope everyone is ok.
X

Good luck! :hugs:

I really hope you and your little bean will have a happy ending. Keep me posted!

How are you Bumblebee? Hope your holding out ok! Thinking of you Bunanie xxx

I'm ok, developed a UTI - picked up at antenatal clinic. Had one in Oct with no symptoms, ended up in hospital for 6 days so glad this one was spotted early! Got my 18week anomaly scan in 2 and a bit weeks, bit nervous to tell you the truth as this is when my poorly baby was spotted in 2011. Hope you can have a "relaxing" weekend xxx

Here's hoping the weekend & next 2 weeks go fast!

I hope your scan goes ok & you get to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. X

Hey bumblebee and lizlemon, I'm fine, we are healing well. but it's still a sore spot in our heart.

Hugs to you lizlemon, i can only imagine how nervous you are... I'm sure things will go ok, surely you can't have such bad luck twice right?!

I'm booked for D&C (I presume?) on Tuesday, I am seeing the ob on Monday to go thru the procedure, I only spoke to him on the phone. We just want to put this behind us and move on.

Crossing everything I have for you girls :flower:

Hey bumblebee and lizlemon, I'm fine, we are healing well. but it's still a sore spot in our heart.

Hugs to you lizlemon, i can only imagine how nervous you are... I'm sure things will go ok, surely you can't have such bad luck twice right?!

I'm booked for D&C (I presume?) on Tuesday, I am seeing the ob on Monday to go thru the procedure, I only spoke to him on the phone. We just want to put this behind us and move on.

Crossing everything I have for you girls :flower:

I hope Monday & Tuesday go quickly and uneventfully for you, and that you are able to move on when you feel able.

I'll be thinking of you both days.

Xx

Had appt at fetal med today.

No major news to report. The full karyotype results weren't in (due tomorrow) so I had a scan.

The cystic hygroma is still there but smaller - although the doctor didn't say anything positive about this....the fact that its still there is a bad thing I guess.

Waiting on tomorrow's full results before anymore decisions can be made.

I have a scan booked for 2 weeks when I'll be 17 weeks.

Not sure how to feel really? I feel,like I'm in exactly the same place as 2 weeks ago.....oh well.

Saw baby & heartbeat today which was lovely but I'm unable to enjoy it as I'm scared of getting attached...

Xx

Sorry that you weren't given any answers today. I understand the not wanting to get attached feeling. Keeping everything crossed that you get some good news soon xxx

I didn't know anything about your baby's condition so just looked up - looks like there is a lot of hope!
https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-inf...ns/cystic-hygroma/cystic-hygroma-information/

I didn't know anything about your baby's condition so just looked up - looks like there is a lot of hope!
https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-inf...ns/cystic-hygroma/cystic-hygroma-information/

Thanks for the information!

The main problem we have is the "reason" for the hygroma - ie if its chromosomal, or genetic then there's a high risk for the baby not making full term, or having some major problems.

The other problem is if its due to a structural problem - ie major heart problem etc.

We're just in the waiting game now to see the "reason" and whether it has improved, or waiting for the 20 week scan to check for anomalies etc.

X

Will they not do your anomaly scan at 18w, I know that is earlier than general bit at my hospital, if you are high risk of issues they do it at 18w as you can see everything then - hence mine is in a fortnight at 18w.
Also at your last scan could they see any major probs with the heart? At my 12w we were told no major structural issues could be seen with heart but other issues might be shown later

Will they not do your anomaly scan at 18w, I know that is earlier than general bit at my hospital, if you are high risk of issues they do it at 18w as you can see everything then - hence mine is in a fortnight at 18w.
Also at your last scan could they see any major probs with the heart? At my 12w we were told no major structural issues could be seen with heart but other issues might be shown later

I'm going back in 2 weeks which will be 17 weeks. I'll ask them then.

The sonographer did have a good look around today & seemed pleased with everything & did have a look at heart, but doctor was at great pains to say it was still way too early to see the structural stuff properly & seemed keen to air on the cautious side. I just want a small bit of hope!

She was looking at kidneys to check there were 2 & said stomach looked good & stomach was functioning properly....a lot of what she said wasn't in the main report so its hard to remember.

Here's hoping 2 weeks goes fast for us both. X

Big hugs bumblebee. I know exactly how you feel... Was the hygroma all around the spine and neck or is it just the neck? Coz I came across a post on another forum, that the parents were given 1:5 of downs but they couldn't find anything wrong in cvs, amino or in ultrasound, and turned out the little one just has a really fat neck! And she/he was perfect.

I just came back from D&C today, the procedure was easier than I thought, better than the cvs. I felt a bit upset just before I have gone in, saying goodbye to our little fighter. But I'm glad that it's done now.

:hugs::hugs:

The sonographer did have a good look around today & seemed pleased with everything & did have a look at heart, but doctor was at great pains to say it was still way too early to see the structural stuff properly & seemed keen to air on the cautious side. I just want a small bit of hope!

She was looking at kidneys to check there were 2 & said stomach looked good & stomach was functioning properly....a lot of what she said wasn't in the main report so its hard to remember.

I think dr are always cautious - mine at 12w said structurally all looked good but as the size of a grain of rice you couldn't rule out smaller defects, we taken this as a positive as when our lo passed her heart was non viable and that should have been looked for at 12w but her scan was not a detailed one
- so your little one is 15w so that bit bigger and therefore you should allow a bit of positivity... X

Big hugs bumblebee. I know exactly how you feel... Was the hygroma all around the spine and neck or is it just the neck? Coz I came across a post on another forum, that the parents were given 1:5 of downs but they couldn't find anything wrong in cvs, amino or in ultrasound, and turned out the little one just has a really fat neck! And she/he was perfect.

I just came back from D&C today, the procedure was easier than I thought, better than the cvs. I felt a bit upset just before I have gone in, saying goodbye to our little fighter. But I'm glad that it's done now.

:hugs::hugs:

Sending you a hug and be kind to yourself over the next few weeks xxx

I think dr are always cautious - mine at 12w said structurally all looked good but as the size of a grain of rice you couldn't rule out smaller defects, we taken this as a positive as when our lo passed her heart was non viable and that should have been looked for at 12w but her scan was not a detailed one
- so your little one is 15w so that bit bigger and therefore you should allow a bit of positivity... X

I agree! Doctors are cautious, I guess they don't want to give you false hope and let everything collapse again.
Don't lose hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->