D l a???

sunrise1989

Young Mum Ov 3!
Reaction score
im entitle to a car when hes 3?????????? any one already had theres do u pick ur own?????? my soon is on high rate... does ne1 else have to inject there child too??

When your kid turns 2 1/2 you'll get a form sent to you to apply for mobility allowance if you're on the highest rate of disability living allowance. Then you'll be assessed to see if you qualify and at what rate. If you get the highest rate (which is something like £45 per week) then you can use that at a lot of car dealerships to get a mobility vehicle... there is usually quite a selection you can choose from. You're not just automatically entitled because your kid gets DLA though. It goes on many things like if your kid can walk, how well they can walk, how much help they need out in the street and whether they have any road sense etc. If they don't need any help getting around due to not being able to walk very far or at all or because they aren't safe in the street then you won't be eligible for mobility allowance.

I was told i was entitled to it by his consultant at the hosp, hes on high rate and he get 76.00 and he gets 278 every month so i should hope they grant me! That would be brilliant i hate going to the hosp in a taxi it cost me 21 pound just there!

My child receives the highest rate of dla too as she has down syndrome and because of all the problems that causes. I would hope she's eligible for the mobility element too but we've still got to be assessed for it in a month or so x

Oh and good luck... it does take the piss a bit trying to get around to all the extra appointments our kids need when you don't have a car!

Can your son walk unaided or does he need help? If he can walk with no help at age 3, he won't get the mobility component. He will be assesed again at 5 to see if he is eligible for low rate mobility as you can only get that from the age of 5.

he can walk but is seriously clumsy constant droping his rite side gives way alot headaches knok him off track a bit which upsets him alot wen his brother is running past

I doubt he will qualify then - if he can walk without any type of aids now (I think I read that he is almost 2?) he will most likely still be able to walk when he is 3. The mobility component can only be granted at the age of 3 if the cannot walk with no aids (i.e calipers, walking frame etc). My LO has no movement at all in her legs, we have been told she will get it because she will be in a wheelchair by the time she is three.
If you are turned down when he's 3, they will reassess him at 5. If he is still clumsy and needs some supervision then he will probably get the lower rate.

realy i know like 3 adults that are type 1 diabetic and heyve qualified but my boos a lil boo lol i hope he does ne way that would help him so bad well ive got my fingers crossed!

I doubt he will qualify then - if he can walk without any type of aids now (I think I read that he is almost 2?) he will most likely still be able to walk when he is 3. The mobility component can only be granted at the age of 3 if the cannot walk with no aids (i.e calipers, walking frame etc). My LO has no movement at all in her legs, we have been told she will get it because she will be in a wheelchair by the time she is three.
If you are turned down when he's 3, they will reassess him at 5. If he is still clumsy and needs some supervision then he will probably get the lower rate.

its not always about weather they need aids to walk i knw people who have the illness i have can walk fine but still get higher rate mobilaty and have a car

it depends how surpportive ur doctor is and who looks at the case!

as there is not certain bands people can have the same illnes same symptoms but yet some get it and sum dont! xx

its not always about weather they need aids to walk i knw people who have the illness i have can walk fine but still get higher rate mobilaty and have a car

it depends how surpportive ur doctor is and who looks at the case!

as there is not certain bands people can have the same illnes same symptoms but yet some get it and sum dont! xx

brendons constantly unwell with his disbility constantly in hosp i have a nurse call me every night! would be great wen i need to rush him hosp instead of waiting till i need to call ambulance doc app but i have to wait till hes 3 do i?

If you get the car they will take away the mobility part of your monthly payments to pay for the car so to speak. They give you replacement tires etc etc and you play for the petrol etc but the tax etc is paid for by them. But as I have said they will take the mobility component off your monthly payment for the car. They night only take part of the component off the mobility. It depends on the cost of the car in the 1st place.

I have been on DLA for 6 yrs now and that is what we were told a couple of years ago when we looked into it. I would go for it but I couldn't afford to loose that component too.

https://www.motabilitycarscheme.co.uk/main.cfm?Type=CPFC

:hugs: hope this helps you

:hugs:

thanku ill look in it 2mo... nght off little drink n ebay ahhh thats my night lol

Hello :)

Found this for you

Your child must need a lot more help or supervision than other children of the same age.
You can claim for care needs before a child is aged three months, but benefit will not be paid before the child reaches the age of three months unless they are paid under 'special rules' (see below).
You can claim for mobility needs from:
age three, if your child is unable, or virtually unable, to walk
age three, if your child is assessed to be both 100% disabled because of loss of eyesight and not less than 80% disabled because of deafness
age three, if your child is severely mentally impaired with severe behavioural problems and qualifies for the highest rate of care component
age five, if your child needs guidance or supervision when walking out of doors

So if you follow what it says here, it is highly unlikely that your LO will qualify until he is at least five. :( As I said before, unless they can't walk at all or only for short distances, or are blind and deaf, children don't normally qualify until they are five. Its probably worth a shot though. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->