Darling buds of May and June bugs!

Labour stories, well.....

Labour no.1
Started my labour on the Monday morning with really heavy bleeding, by Wednesday 3cms. They then broke my waters. Thursday 5cm, Friday morning 9cm, taken to theatre and cut me loads and vacumed her out! A nice ending to a 5 day labour, i couldnt sit down for 2 weeks i was so cut up.

Labour no.2
In labour at 5am born at 12.30, they again had to break my waters, by the time i had him i was out my face on pethadine and could not even hold him.

Labour no.3

A home birth. My first bag of waters broke at 5pm, after checking it was my waters and i hadnt just wet myself! I gave the kids their dinner, bathed them, put their pyjamas on and drove them round to my Mums (if my waters break again i will NOT do this, labour came on thick and fast once i got home!), got back indoors, second waters broke at 8pm, baby in my arms at 10.25pm. Surrounded by Niece, Sisters, Best friend (who never wants to see that side of me again! LOL!), all their with me and my husband to see our bubba come into the world. The nicest delivery ever.

I will add as well that my local hospital is the notorious Queens which has been in the news a lot, for all the wrong reasons. I will have a home birth this time too unless I medically cannot as I really couldnt give birth in that hospital out of choice.

Aw Debbie, sounds like you had an awful time with your first :hugs: I don't blame you for wanting a home birth, your last one sounds amazing!! I hope you can have that again. Poor Leanne will log on here and read all these birth stories and be terrified :blush:

Sorry Leanne, it's not really that bad, honest :coffee:

No its not! My first was a bit much, but to be honest, painful as it is i am fairly addicted to it!

Love the adrenelin rush of it all, and how despite being knackered you get all this energy to stay awake all night looking at your brand new bubba!!!

I know I am actually looking forward to it too, it's an amazing experience!! Just hope my recovery is a bit better this time, especially with a toddler to run around after too.

I want a home birth too!!!

But I think I"ll have to fight tooth and nail to get it... ds1 was born at 34w3days, had a show around 1am and was in hospital for about 4am (still convinced I wasn't in labour) and by 630 he was out! just gas and air... and I have an ovarian cyst.

So my consultant has already said next pregnancy would be consultant led.. here's hoping there is a bit of flexibility in it!! x

Evening ladies... gosh I've got some catching up to do!!

I'm loving that we have so many bump bud's, welcome to you all!!

What do you all think we should do now - do you think we should 'close' the group so that its just us, or keep it 'open' so people can keep joining? xx

I think the idea to close and make up an EDD list might be a good idea so we can really get to know each other :) But I don't mind:shrug:

just had GP appointment (8pm!!), he's sending off letter to hospital to inform them of my condition :haha::haha::haha: xx

Leanne, I hope she is only half right too :thumbup:

I agree, I think it would be a good idea to close it, there are quite a few of us now :happydance: xx

Just thinking, Megan mentioned facebook before, do all you ladies have FB accounts? Maybe we could create a private group on FB? x

Deffo like the fb idea, but might wait a bit for me as trying to keep everything top secret atm (Dont want to tip off work, want them to do my pay review first!)... know it is all private but I'm just a super paranoid type of person...:shrug:

Facebook group sounds good to me too, could we make sure it is private and call it something not pregnancy related, don't want people to know yet.

Leanne, I forgot to say, the GP was about as exciting as it was last time around. Think I was in and out in 5 minutes. Took my blood pressure and asked me if I knew what to eat and to take folic acid AT MINIMUM until 12 weeks. But I'll take Pregnacare the whole time. Then said no drinking/smoking and then said he'd write to the hospital and to contact the midwife at about 8 weeks for the booking in appointment. :) xx

I totally bypassed my GP this time and phoned the maternity unit direct. Was so disappointed last time that all the doctor did was tell me when I would be due and that they would refer me onto the midwives. Ha ha don't know exactly what I thought they would do but thought it would be more than that :haha:

I am getting my 1st scan at 9 weeks, I can't wait!! We will probably tell people then, we have only told the in-laws and I have told my sister and that's it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->