Dates are wrong, problem?

Mum2b_Claire

Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!
Reaction score
My MW is insistent that I am a week behind in my pregnancy than I am (and the 12 week scan agrees with my dates not hers, but MW still won't listen.)

Now I wouldn't be bothered, because at least if I go past 40 weeks I'll have more time before she starts hassling about induction, but what if I go into labour at 37 weeks, which to her will be 36? Will they try and refuse to attend a homebirth for me being 'pre term'?

your EDD will be determined by your dating scan and not your midwife honey, try not to worry about it. I have the same issue (but the other way round) i think I'm a week less then they do. I too want a HB and I'm worried that i'll get to 42 week their time (41 weeks mine) and be told i have to go into hospital. x

Well that's what I thought, but she said 'we ignore the scan dates'. Also, if you type my LMP into the NHS due date calculator on their website, it comes up with my dates. I don't know where she's getting her ideas from haha

At 36 weeks there isn't that much difference to 37 anyway, there isn't a magic switch that flips at 37 weeks (as I'm sure we're all aware) so I would just worry about it if it happens. You are in a good position though, I was a week earlier than their dates and I am pretty sure I KNEW when I conceived :rofl:

My MWs only go on call from 38-42 weeks :shrug: Do you know when yours do?

i am having a hb and i was told if i went into labour b4 37wks i would have to go to hospital so i can understand your concern - i had an issue with the dates to i have persuaded my mw to go with my dates but were keeping her date as an option if i go over so by my dates i am due 26th but by hers 4th oct so she said if i went over we would revise the dates

My MWs only go on call from 38-42 weeks :shrug: Do you know when yours do?

No, I don't know - do you mean that they won't attend you before 38 weeks? Why not?

She said officially not but if I phone at 37+5 or something then there prob wont be an issue. No idea why not, I gues sbecause your close to be not term :shrug:

Hmm, that's odd! I'll have to ask my MW what their policy is on this, because if they're anything like yours then I WILL have a fight on my hands if I go into labour at my 37 weeks, her 36 weeks.

The birth centre I had Ruby in would take you 37-42 weeks. It wasn't connected to a hospital or anything, so you'd think their policy would be the same as for home births.

What gestation was ruby?

41. But she was back to back and I think that way partly why...(although I know back to back can sometimes make your waters go sooner so who knows.)

When you ring up totell them your in labour just tell them the week you think you are

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->