Dates

cissyhope

Pregnant with no 2
Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid an overdue pregnancy like last time and have been reading about eating 6 dates a day! I hate the things but will give it a go but am confused... Does they need to be fresh or dried??! Where ever I look they looked dried but I'm not knowledgable on the things the know for sure! tIA oh and someone could post a link I would really appreciate it

dates are VERY (read impossible) hard to find fresh, so I'm guessing dried

I have seen fresh dates but they are pretty much the same as dried ones anyway.

Yeah, I've never seen, let alone eaten , a fresh date.

Finding it hard to eat 6 dates 😩

I ate them in my last pregnancy starting about 6 weeks before due date... it did get hard to eat them lol! I sometimes would put them in my smoothies, made them nice and sweet... or most days I'd count six and put them on the counter and whenever I felt a little hungry I'd eat one... helped rather than stuffing them all in at once.

Thanks TTCBean... Yes going to just bite the bullet as 4weeks left today.Did it help with your labour? Did you go over your DD?

Plus 6 is a lot! 😫 the ones I have are massive! So I have read its 60/70 g, Iv gone for 75 to be safe and that's four of these dates 😬 that's a bit better lol

I was actually 2 weeks early and only had a six hour labour... No idea if the dates did that but I'll take it! I also drank two cups of red raspberry leaf tea and a ton of lunges and squats!

Let us know if they end up working for you cissyhope

Lol! Yes I'm doing the squat challenge :haha: trying to do frog squats too!
And lots of raspberry tea
Thanks Tankel will do :thumbup:

I've read somewhere that they actually dry the dates on the tree, so they're all pretty much dried to some degree!

I've read somewhere that they actually dry the dates on the tree, so they're all pretty much dried to some degree!

That's what I was thinking. I think ripe dates are naturally dry. I tasted them straight from the tree and they were pretty much the same.

I love dates anyway so this is good for me lol x

I have never heard of this one - but this is my 2nd pregnancy and I went far past due before my induction last time. I am past due again and starting to become quite nervous that I may never get this baby out naturally :-/ I will try anything!

Let us know if they end up working for you cissyhope

Hi had my baby boy 3 days overdue which is the least overdue of my children...
My oldest was 5 days over daughter 2weeks and 2 days and this one like I say 3 days over! So I'm happy with that and think it may have worked? I went in 9 cm dilated also 😊

I ate the sunsweet pitted dates which were somewhat sticky not completely dry I don't think and I blended them up into a smoothie with some other fruit to mask the taste. As you approach your due date you can blend them up with pineapple or kiwi which help soften the cervix :)

Does it matter which kind of dates? I can't remember which ones I ate last pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->