David camrons bid to scrap housing benifits for unbder 25s WTF!!!

I don't think it will ever happen. I think before they penalize young families who try to have jobs they need to focus on the drunks and junkies who get houses, money, handed to them on a plate without any intention of attempting to get a job.
In my opinion if you spend your benefits on drugs/alcohol and don't bother trying to get a job you deserve to be on the street.

X

100% agree.

I completely understand what you are saying, but what sort of job would a heroin addict who can barely function on everyday tasks be able to do? And actually get.

The problem stems from his addiction. He has a choice to take the drug. He had the choice not to take it from the beginning. Perhaps if he had better education about drugs from the start?
Please don't think I'm being harsh, but heroine doesn't jump jump into you- you have the choice to take it or not. :shrug:

Expecting someone else to pay for your habit is selfish.

The again... how can the gov know if the person you're giving benefits too is a junkie? You can't go accusing people can you?

Oh its a difficult one isn't it? :flow:

you actually get more help from council if you have issues with drink or drugs lol but thats not the people's fault its the systems, i was told when i became homesless after my house was totalled in a flood that if i had drink or drug problem i would get housed quicker. i have physical issues and before then had had 2 mental breakdowns lol but those didn't help me, i can't actually walk well and can't climb stairs yet i am now in a 2bedroom high up flat lol but least we have it. although area is god awful lol. i don't know much about benefits or housing system etc. but i know that if you have a child under 5 and on income support its harder to tackle you on housing benefits and such

It is a sensitive issue and I 100% agree with Ericacaca on both of her points. I worked and studied since I was 18, waited until 29 to have my first child and until 36 to have my second. Me and my husband both paid off our university loans, found jobs before we considered having children. Why someone else should get a part of the money I pay in taxes just because they want to live comfortably? I worked in different shops and had all sorts of other odd jobs before I could find a work matching what I studied for. I still live in a tiny terraced house with no spare bedroom for my new child, I have no car and worry everyday how I am going to provide for my children.

On subject of no work - it is impossible to find a plumber or someone to fix your roof in our area. If you are lucky to find someone who is not booked ahead for 6 months you have to pay them £200-300 for a couple of hours job. So I don't believe in "there is no jobs". And also if parents have no work does it mean the kids they produce will have no jobs either?

lazymum in theory your is a correct view but its not as simple as this, the economy is not as simple as that and saying what you are saying does that mean if someone who is 40 just became a mother and her job no longer exists because the company does away with it should she not get help? companies are cutting left right and centre and even with money and such it can be a hard life to lead, i know people who are on benefits because they have lost their jobs and such and can't find another job, some been working with their companies for decades we don't live in a stable environment and to paint everyone with the same brush is unfair. i don't think most people who live on benefits live a comfortable life? considering (if i am right) they get less than what someone would on minimum wage, also need to take into fact if a women loses her partner, bringing up children on her own she may not be able to afford to pay high childcare costs as well as work a dead end job? everyone is soo different and i think that one person might be on benefits for the right reason where as some will not. i know my fair share of people who use and abuse the system too. but then the system abuses us too spending billions of wars for oil and resources to help america and such. it works in round abouts, if our government didn't line either own pockets fund companies to start and continue wars and such we wouldn't need to worry about our childrens education, hospitals which are being closed and benefits. alot to look at on this fact more than just jump on people, the government targets benefits because its easy to get people to hate them.

It is a sensitive issue and I 100% agree with Ericacaca on both of her points. I worked and studied since I was 18, waited until 29 to have my first child and until 36 to have my second. Me and my husband both paid off our university loans, found jobs before we considered having children. Why someone else should get a part of the money I pay in taxes just because they want to live comfortably? I worked in different shops and had all sorts of other odd jobs before I could find a work matching what I studied for. I still live in a tiny terraced house with no spare bedroom for my new child, I have no car and worry everyday how I am going to provide for my children.

On subject of no work - it is impossible to find a plumber or someone to fix your roof in our area. If you are lucky to find someone who is not booked ahead for 6 months you have to pay them £200-300 for a couple of hours job. So I don't believe in "there is no jobs". And also if parents have no work does it mean the kids they produce will have no jobs either?

I agree

its defiantly not great to be on benefits. my dad worked all his life up to the last 10 years as he lost his job, had to go on job seekers and every opportunity he had he went on voluntary work with the local farm but he hated not having a job and was depressed he could give us what wanted. so i always wanted to have a job so i didnt end up feeling like he did. but like someone said things happen and i got pregnant and i HAD to move out of my parents home as there was just no space. i agree there are jobs out there people just need to find one but like i said in my original post my partner is one who finds a job and either gets a no or a no reply, for simple bar jobs that require no experience because simply too many people applied because so many people are unemployed. i agree that the benefit system is abit wrong. i know someone who is on jsa, gets these voluntary placements, doesn't go because he couldnt sleep, and only gets his money stopped for one week. that is wrong and i agree something should be fixed. all i meant by this post was is it truly unfair to stop housing help for young people without looking at the circumstances.
i didnt see it on the news personally but my mum told me as she was worried, and i cant follow politics at the best of times lol. there's no means for a slagging match just wanted a vent out and get others opinion. which i thank you all for

I don't think it will ever happen. I think before they penalize young families who try to have jobs they need to focus on the drunks and junkies who get houses, money, handed to them on a plate without any intention of attempting to get a job.
In my opinion if you spend your benefits on drugs/alcohol and don't bother trying to get a job you deserve to be on the street.

X

100% agree.

I completely understand what you are saying, but what sort of job would a heroin addict who can barely function on everyday tasks be able to do? And actually get.

That's not the governments problem though so why should they have to fork out to give these people houses and money? I just think its been made too easy for 'dossers' whilst people who try their hardest are left struggling.

Omg do you really think labour will get in next time 'shudders'

I will be moving the Canada

we are considering moving to iceland as they have a stable econemy and also fought back against their bankers that screwed the country over

X

100% agree.

That's not the governments problem though so why should they have to fork out to give these people houses and money? I just think its been made too easy for 'dossers' whilst people who try their hardest are left struggling.

But it is the governments problem rightly or wrongly. They cost the criminal justice system a hell of a lot of money before you even take into account housing etc, so they have to do something.

The problem in my opinion is what to do and how to get it right for everyone.

I think we may just have different views on people with substance misuse issues and for that reason probably just have to agree to disagree.
I think i will just leave this thread now because even the use of the derogatory terms is something that doesnt sit well with me.

Omg do you really think labour will get in next time 'shudders'

I will be moving the Canada

Personally no not a chance, as much as a lot of people don't like david cameron there's a lot more who blame labour for all the mess the benefit system is in now,my opinion is next time lib dems won't get as many votes as a lot of people are dissappointed with the way lib dems have been a push over, a lot of people still blame labour for the mess and tories will win majority prehaps with david cameron being pushed aside for a new leader _ however this getting a bit political now and that's never good news on a forum lol

I don't really understand why we have to bring in drug addicts or widows or people with some other real issues (health, old age, disability). New regulations talk about young and healthy ones who chose to have family at the tender age of 18 ( since the oldest child is 2). If you are a grown and don't want to live with your parents sort your problems first before going for kids.

The society clearly have a problem with strong and healthy people feeling they are entitled to get money from the state. Do they think of where this money are coming from? Why people who work and therefore pay taxes should pay someone esle rent? Housing benefit also comes with some other income support benefits - child benefits ( that some middle class families will be striped off soon), childcare support etc.

maybe they could give the under 25's housing benifits and then get them to do something usefull like clean up the dirty streets or help out at understaffed old peoples homes (not as carers more like company for lonely people) or cleaning up the parks?

applying for jobs isnt really a 40 hour a week full time job, so maybe young people could get usefull skills and give something back and continue to build a life away from their parents.

in reality there is a lot of people doing not very much whilst the country is in need of a lot of work... it makes sence to me to make use of young healthy people... maybe ban daytime tv.. you should have to apply for a permit to watch it:haha:

they should offer them training but with this post 16 act coming in to play even colleges wont be available to anyone over 19!

I feel like this is another attack on young people. What about the people who have been on jsa and housing benefits for years and have never had any intention to find work? They are the people this govt should be attacking. For example I know someone who is in their 40's who has a 3 bedroom council house and has had their rent paid for for the past 15 years. And bear in mind they are very capable of working but could not be bothered too. Why not tackle that?

And someone mentioned the under 25's doing voluntary work, tbh why should people who are over the age of 25 be exempt from this? There should be more of an work ethic promoted.

I don't get any help but when I was 18 I was made homeless, I was working 20 hours a week and did 15 hours of college and I wasn't entitled to any help because I was in college but I managed to find the cheapest house share possible. It was difficult but I managed in the end. Anyone I have met who have moved out of homes have had jobs previously. I've never known someone to move out on benefits.

OH thats great what about those who arent on income support Im pretty sure that mose of the 'scroungers' they are supposed to be targetting would be getting that too :dohh:

What they need to do is stop agencies controlling all the jobs on offer and limit the amount of experience an employer can request to a peasable level (1 or 2 years) the main reason people cant find work is lack of experience and nowhere for them to get it.

Also how do they expect under 25's to pay rent when you dont get the highest rate minimum wage until your 21 and tax credit until your 25 unless the government is also going to do something about the ridiculous rents some landlords are charging. I really hope they look into this properly instead of bringing out some half assed idea to try and make it look like they are doing something.

And someone mentioned the under 25's doing voluntary work, tbh why should people who are over the age of 25 be exempt from this? There should be more of an work ethic promoted.

it would be great if all people claiming benifits had to do volentry work! can you imagine how clean everywhere would be and how many skills people in the uk would have!

I think the reason for government to start with under 25 is because it all starts there. Young people see how comfortable they can live without even trying. Their houses are paid for, the more they procreate the more money they get in child benefits and tax credits etc to pay for their beer and Sky subscription. I agree lets help them but in return instead strolling with a pram and cigaret around the city they should go and help clean or look after elderly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->