David camrons bid to scrap housing benifits for unbder 25s WTF!!!

It's interesting to hear how things work in other countries :flow: but it's not comparable to the point of the thread imo as systems are so different between nations :flow:

Lovie, I get what you are saying completely, but I went to private and boarding schools for all but 2 years. We're sending DD to a private school in Denmark, unsubsidized for the moment because she isn't an EU citizen (don't ask, it is messy). It is going to cost about 1200 USD per month, which is about 8463 Swedish kroner per month. She'll probably keep going to private schools indefinitely and perhaps boarding school back in America. :shrug: She's also got an education fund to pay for university in America as well.

My mother also pays more in taxes than a great number of people even make a year. She might be in the top 2% or so? So, I don't mind taking the medical coverage. Although, besides the delivery, I don't think we use more than maybe 100 USD a year between vaccines and doctor's visits.

We believe in FAMILY and that family takes care of family, not the government. To each their own on that, but I like the family model best. I'll happily take in DD and her children if the time came. I would love to do it. My own mother is heartbroken that we'll be moving out and the time we shared together is so precious for her, especially being so involved with DD. I think it is how it used to be and it is a beautiful way to live. :thumbup:

I'm kind of failing to see what Denmark and Sweden have to do with any of this, though.

Lovie, I get what you are saying completely, but I went to private and boarding schools for all but 2 years. We're sending DD to a private school in Denmark, unsubsidized for the moment because she isn't an EU citizen (don't ask, it is messy). It is going to cost about 1200 USD per month, which is about 8463 Swedish kroner per month. She'll probably keep going to private schools indefinitely and perhaps boarding school back in America. :shrug: She's also got an education fund to pay for university in America as well.

My mother also pays more in taxes than a great number of people even make a year. She might be in the top 2% or so? So, I don't mind taking the medical coverage. Although, besides the delivery, I don't think we use more than maybe 100 USD a year between vaccines and doctor's visits.

We believe in FAMILY and that family takes care of family, not the government. To each their own on that, but I like the family model best. I'll happily take in DD and her children if the time came. I would love to do it. My own mother is heartbroken that we'll be moving out and the time we shared together is so precious for her, especially being so involved with DD. I think it is how it used to be and it is a beautiful way to live. :thumbup:

I'm kind of failing to see what Denmark and Sweden have to do with any of this, though.

skype is an amazing thing, hopefully you can keep the bond up with your mum using that :)

it sounds like you really have it sorted! with all respects it doesnt sound like you will be poor living in denmark paying 1200 usd a month for her education, it sounds like you are really lucky to have lots of options, but not everyone does.

this article is brilliant

https://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/27/young-people-are-rubbish

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"