Day 3 - help please

miraclemomma

Mummy of 1 + pregnant
Reaction score
So DS2 is 3 days old. Long story but ue to DS1 being a preemie this is all new to me! Milk has come in last night today and he is feeding really well every 2-3 hours for around 30-40 minutes. I alternate boobs and he seems to be able to drain my right one, nothing seems different on my left bu the top is hard and lumpy and doesn't seem to drain! It I just rest my hand where it's hard i run like a tap! Surely it can't be a blocked duct already?!?! It's really uncomfortable so what can I do?! xxx

Warm flannel on the hard bit and gently massage it in the direction towards your nipple. Do that a few times and let the milk drain off to free up the channels and ducts and then they'll refill and you can see if that's all it was

I think it's normal in the first day you're milk comes in. Mine were rock hard on the first day but massaging then helps. They well must likely settle down in a day or two

Yep totally normal. Mine were horrible & so engorged when my milk first came in. Keep offering him that side first until the problem is resolved. You can also run your hand down the lump toward your nipple. Pumping for a few minutes can help too (not too long as you don't want your body to think you need to make a bunch more milk) and massage in a hot shower.

Thanks ladies! Seems to resolve throughout each day but they're hard and lumpy at night when milk increases! The amount this little man guzzles I'm gonna have water melons for months x

I had lumps at the top of my left breast just before the morning feed every morning for weeks. She unblocked them by feeding though so I never worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->