Deal with people's comment ( please share )

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
My baby is 2 months old and already got lots of comment from strangers when we go out. the good ones i dont mind but some make me angry or upset.
Sometimes we get comment , advice and suggestion from family, friends, strangers and many times they make us mummies unhappy.

me ,)OH and baby were in tesco last week and OH was at the cashier and i was waiting with the baby then a woman ( staff ) came straight to the baby ( he was in the car seat which was on the floor next to my feet, yes i put him in it just for a quick shopping ) and she said "can i play with the baby?"
I heard every word but i said "What ?" ( in a mean and not friendly voice )
she didn't get the message and said again "can i play with the baby, i like babies" and she stated touching his hands and before she went too far i talked to the baby
"don't cry baby, mummy's here . Don't worry"
Then she walked away...:rofl::rofl:

Can you girls share your experience and how you deal with it, so we can use these tips and tricks in the future?

I was on the bus on day on my way into town, first I want to stress I am not a cheeky person and usually I would not say anything but this day I had just had an argument with OH :hissy: and the witch had just visited so I was not in the best of form, anyway on the bus and this lady was sitting next to my pram and she started to talk to Dec, next she put his dodo in his mouth, then she went on to stroke his hands and before you know it she was touching his face, I had had enough by now so I asked her," did you wash your hands"?? she looked as me as if I was stupid, so I just said "if your hands are not clean dont touch my baby"!!! :blush: I still cringe when I think about it, but my sis said I had the whole bus in hysterics!!!! Maybe you could try that one :rofl:

:lol:
Good thread ..

Well one time when i was shopping in waitrose and you get alot of snobby old women walking around , Ella was crying ( wanted to come out of buggy ) and this woman looked at me up and down then at ella then she tutted.
I said to her yes babies DO cry but i expect all of your children were saints .. dozy mare then i tutted at her and left :smug:

When i was walking around town i was getting glared at by another old woman , this time ella was playing with toys so it was to do with me being young (21) so i stopped the buggy bent down to ellas level and said out loud ' There is some very gwumpy old women out today isnt there' now doesnt sound much but to a snobby woman i find they go off in a huff :lol: I do this one alot.

Before you think i must live in an old peoples home .. no i dont but close enough ;) Dorchester is FULL of em and alot snobby so i am constantly on the go with my comments :smug:

I cant remember half of them as its become a way of life now :lol:

:blush:if i'm honest i find strangers touching maddi sometimes a bit too much :blush: and sabby, i love the clean hands thing, i might try that one! - if i'm even more honest i have a slight obbession about cleanliness and sterilisation, so we have lots of milton in our home, i was always like it before maddi but it's probably got worse since having her :blush: and i think probably triggered by having an infection, caused by the hospital after my emergancy c-section

Anyway - back to the orginal post, sorry i ramble :blush: too be honset i try to avoid strangers touching maddi, i no this is probably werid, but hey, i'm quite strange, see above on cleaning :rofl: i often put maddi in her sling, facing me, so touching is difficult and when she is out in her pram, she's still in her carry cot so you can't really see in. obviously i have had people/stangers touching her - the one incident i can remember was when we went to see my very elderly great aunt and uncle (93 and 95yrs old) in their residental home not long after maddi was born - maybe 6 weeks, and this elderly resident came up and started kissing him, to be honest both me and my mum cringed because she isn't the nicest old dear but i did put up with because she's old and never had children of her own, but she doesn't particularly like children :(

it is hard when strangers touch but i think you should so what you feel comfortable with, after all its your children there touching :hug:

sorry this is very long reply
:blush:

:lol:
Good thread ..

Well one time when i was shopping in waitrose and you get alot of snobby old women walking around , Ella was crying ( wanted to come out of buggy ) and this woman looked at me up and down then at ella then she tutted.
I said to her yes babies DO cry but i expect all of your children were saints .. dozy mare then i tutted at her and left :smug:

When i was walking around town i was getting glared at by another old woman , this time ella was playing with toys so it was to do with me being young (21) so i stopped the buggy bent down to ellas level and said out loud ' There is some very gwumpy old women out today isnt there' now doesnt sound much but to a snobby woman i find they go off in a huff :lol: I do this one alot.

Before you think i must live in an old peoples home .. no i dont but close enough ;) Dorchester is FULL of em and alot snobby so i am constantly on the go with my comments :smug:

I cant remember half of them as its become a way of life now :lol:

fab kay, i'm going to remember these :)

I'm definitely going to try 'there's a lot of grumpy old women out today isn't there?'!! That's brilliant!

I know people mean well but it bothers me just when they look at him sometimes. He gets scared by their big faces looming over the pushchair! I also got rather annoyed when a woman moved my sling with her own actual hand to look at Alasdair - who was fast asleep! I was too shocked to say anything!

To be honest I dont get this very much but then I dont really use public transport or anything & tend to try and do my shopping at the quietest times of the day.

The things that really annoy me lately is such thing as 'how old is HE?'... Errrr... HE? In pinks tights and a dress?? Idiots. Really narks me off that one... Aside from that if any one comes to close she screws her face up & they back off!!

x

some woman said to be yesterday 'oh he is cute' so i said 'SHE is a girl' (dressed in complete pink btw)

then the cheeky cow replies....

'well it looks like a boy to me'

oh i coulda f'ing punched her!

and the other week when i was in town some bloke passed me in the street. then stopped and looked at the kids and said 'are they both yours?' so i said yes. he replied 'jesus christ!' i totally flipped my lid, stopped walking and said 'what the f*ck do you mean jesus christ? i have a husband, i own my own house, we earn enough money and the kids were planned...what right do you have to comment on my life?' the man looked utterly shocked that i had said all this but at the time i didnt care!

i also tell people not to touch my kids if they havent washed their hands and if they are crying and people comment i say to them ' did your children never cry when they were babies? you should win an award for that'

im not very polite.. but hey, thats who i am

The things that really annoy me lately is such thing as 'how old is HE?'... Errrr... HE? In pinks tights and a dress?? Idiots. Really narks me off that one... Aside from that if any one comes to close she screws her face up & they back off!!

x
my friend;s baby girl always get that comment. She doesn;t have much hair but always wears pink outfit and many times my friend told me people said "He;s a very handsome boy". Who would put pink outfits on boys ? silly people say silly things

and many times we ( my+ my baby boy 6 weeks old then, my friend+her baby girl 5 months old then + our OHs ) went out together and
- first time we were feeding our babies at the same time and sat next to each other in the restaurant and someone who sat at the next table asked if they are twins!! :hissy::hissy:For God's sake. how stupid is that?

- the day after we got the same question asked if they are twins! I said NO, this is 6 weeks old baby and that's 5 months and they are from different mothers :dohh:

- another time we 2 families were out again and OHs + my friend';s baby were in the shop and i was feeding my baby outside and my friend was there with me, then she walked off a few meters away because she saw someone she knows and a woman came and asked "why are you feeding someone else baby?" :hissy: i said this is my baby:hissy::hissy:

enough for now

Oh the touching babies thing annoys me :trouble:

When Joe was little I was very concerned he would get ill as he was premature and has chronic lung disease so when he got ill he got very ill. Tbh I was probably abit obsessed with keeping bugs away from him but I'm sure you understand why. Anyway when we went out in the buggy I put the raincover over him:blush: it didnt matter if it rained or not:rofl:but I thought it would keep other peoples stinky germs away, you know the ones; big old nosey bags bending over fag in one hand 2 week old hanky in the other :sick:and to keep people from touching him:blush: I always got told it wasnt raining as if I wasnt aware:dohh: but I just said I know but it stops people breathing germs on him :lol: then I walked off in a strop!

But now the kids get rid of the strangers themselves by bawling in their faces:rofl: gives me great pleasure that one "ahh poor baby did the silly woman scare you poppet":rofl:

Well,I don't get unfriendly comments but sometimes those overly friendly ones are just annoying!

I mean,the whole 'she's so tiny,how old is she' I can handle answering every 2 feet but when they start touching and proding her to wake up and get in her face I flip!

Usually I don't show that I'm fuming,I just storm out with the 'I'm in a hurry' excuse but once I was quite annoyed with a woman who took the pacifier out of Lola-Rose's mouth!! :wacko:
'The shut eyes mean that she is ASLEEP!'

:blush: I know I was a total b****.

Why do people insist on poking and stroking your contently asleep baby is beyond me! drives you mad. Or the can i pick him/her up... um no ASLEEP!!! doh!

Ppl r fuckin stupid! I would go mental if someone tried touching Savannah (a stranger), it's not their baby ffs, why do they think they have the right to touch?

i havnt really had any experiences like these but it did make me laugh once when the guy at the pharmacy called charlie a she when he was wearing all blue :rofl: xxx

oh i forgot to say the thing that really annoys me is my mother and father in law, daves mum keeps putting her hands in charlies mouth to see if hes teething without washing her hands and she smokes which really pisses me off and when daves dad came round charlies dummy fell on the floor and daves dad picked it up sucked it and put it back in charlies mouth(he also smokes), i could of screamed at them but i really dont have the bottle to say anything i dont want to cause arguments but why do people feel the need to do these things :hissy: xx

if mykids arecrying and people say 'you know ur kids are crying?' i make a sign to say im deaf!

:rofl: Great comeback! How do u make the sign tho? *Will commit to memory*

Everytime we go out Charlotte gets touched and gets comments. 99.9% of the time they're good though, thank goodness! We were at a restaurant a few weeks ago and we couldn't even eat though cause the waiters/resses kept coming out to see her and talk to/play with her, then customers came over...THEN the manager and some of the cooks came out to see her cause the waiters/resses were talkinga about her in the back, so they had to see how cute she was. I was at Wal-Mart a week or so ago and a woman walked up to the cart and started touching Char and playing with her...then at another restaurant the guy sitting behind us got up and KISSED Char on the cheek when we were leaving...so did the waitress! I'm not crazy obsessive (Like I was planning on being) about the hand washing thing, and she LOVES everyone, which I like, but still...at least ASK first, sheesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->