Dealing with Klinefelter's Syndrome / XXY? Come here for friendship and support

hi, i'm on a new thread now. my husband has done 2 sperm analysis both less than 1 million, his testosterone is low, high FSH and the urologist said he has smaller than average testicles.

i'm not an expert but think he has mosaic (which i think means a lesser form) of Klinefelter's syndrome. my husband has a moderate to severe learning disability, he's very tall, he had asthma as a kid and has a slight hearing problem in one ear. he's a hairy guy, has no libido problems but i think he meets the definition. 4 yrs ago he did get a sperm count done and it was fine. he's trying to track it down though. i sure would like to see it to know for sure.

just wondering if anyone has a success story of using their husband's sperm and having a healthy child.

this has been going on for over a month now, all i've done is read the fertility forums and research. now i think he has Klinefelter's so i'm willing to do donor sperm but i am sure unhappy about it. it's very devastating, i'm having a hard time with this. thank you

A simple chromosome test will solve your answer and until then there is no way to know. But keep calm and honestly Google is the devil when trying to figure out medical stuff lol you may not have to use donor sperm, and honestly its rare to find any ks patients with any sperm.

Hi, it sounds like a long journey so far. can you please explain more about what you've written that if he is 47xxy he cannot have a boy only a girl? did you find out if he is mosaic Klinefelter's? i think my husband is that based on his smaller than average testicles per the urologist, my husband is 6'3.5", has a moderate to severe learning disability, has low free testosterone, high FSH. he is a hairy guy with no libido problems but i'm pretty sure he has this diagnosis, we get his karyotype/chromosome test results in feb.

Heres my story so far, if i can remember its been that long!

I have been ttc with my DH for 7 years. I went for test after about 1 year as nothing was happening. My tests came back clear so decided to just carry on trying. My doctor told me we wernt trying hard enough! Can you believe that lol
After 5 years with still no luck (we left it this long as it took my sister so long to concieve i thought it was me!) we went back to the hospital to see what we could do. They advised to get DH tested. Sperm test came back with zero sperm! Doctor asked he the test was done right! how can you possibly do it wrong!
Did another test. doctor said it was lost in transit! worrying! Did another test was told to again zero sperm. He wasnt very nice about it either!
Referred to St Marys Manchester, did a load of tests! each with months apart. Taking too long!
Looked up last night and was diagnosed in Feb 2011.
Was told that we need sperm retrieval, PGD and IVF. but that it all needed to be done in London at Thomas and St Guys as they dont do PGD anywhere else.
Was told to quit smoking and go back in 2 months. so we did and went back, doc said they will put us on the list for sperm retrieval. Once we had this done at Mancehster we would go straight to LOndon for OGD and IVF. They also said that we would never concieve a boy as he would def have xxy. We got told only a girl.

Went to an endocrinology app in Oct 11 who looked at my DH and said are you sure they confirmed xxy as he looks so normal (good muscle build) testorone level normal etc...
They said he might by mosaic (some xxy and some xy), and that even if his tests came back that he was 47 xxy he probably wouldnt be as they only test a certain part of your blood/sperm. There was no way of them checking all parts so that why if they dont see any normal xy in one smple then they just call you 47 xxy.

Then received a letter to say that he wasnt mosaic on paper but could still possibly be!
How messed up is that (gave us hope though)

Went to a Genetic councelling app in Jan this year who didnt help one tiny bit! He said he hadnt had to deal with this before and wasnt very clued up on xxy.
He did say though that it is possible for us to have a boy if they get sperm. It was 50/50. that was good news for us as the thought of not having a boy was not nice. Although i would be very happy with a girl. :)

He said that the process was taking too long and that he would find out where we were up to and let us know!

Two weeks after app and not hearing anything at all from anyone i phoned up Manchester hospital to see if we were near the top of the list as we were told 1 year waiting list.
They said we were no 40 and they only do 2 a month as the doctor has other commitments! It would prob be next year now!

This obviously wasnt acceptable as i was ready to become a mum 7 years ago! the thought of waiting another year i couldnt cope with so i phoned Liverpool womens hospital to see how long their waiting list was.
They said no waiting list so i phoned Manchester to see if we could get transferred.
They said it would take 1 - 2 weeks to do this.
I phoned 1 week later to make sure everything was going smoothly and they said they hadnt done anything as they need to apply to their funding dept! Its not funded by my PCT its funded by theirs.
They said they would do it that day but the big guys only have a meeting once a month so not sure how long it would take.

We are now just waiting to be transferred over so we can start the ball rolling.

Sorry this is quite long, i have a lot to tell lol

Hi, i've been reading on the liklihood of an abnormality passed on from a man with Klinefelter's. it seems they can't pass on Klinefelter's but can pass on problems with the baby like downs syndrome and other problems. here is what i found. i tried to clean it up, sorry i'm just having a hard time with this but want to post what i found in case others are trying to find it.

Most cases of triple X syndrome are not inherited. The chromosomal change usually occurs as a random event during the formation of reproductive cells (eggs and sperm). An error in cell division called nondisjunction can result in reproductive cells with an abnormal number of chromosomes. For example, an egg or sperm cell may gain an extra copy of the X chromosome as a result of nondisjunction. If one of these atypical reproductive cells contributes to the genetic makeup of a child, the child will have an extra X chromosome in each of the body's cells.

https://atlantichealth.dnadirect.co...me-abnormalities.html?kNuQr1exkv93ey1yY2VxSFu
Because boys with Klinefelter syndrome usually produce lower than average levels of the male hormone testosterone, some have physical characteristics such as small testicles and a smaller amount of facial and body hair. Men with Klinefelter syndrome tend to be either tall and lanky or more rounded with mildly enlarged breast tissue (called gynecomastia). Klinefelter syndrome does not seem to affect sexual orientation or gender identity.

Klinefelter syndrome can occur in males regardless of ethnic background or family history. It is caused by a genetic change that happens by chance, and is usually not passed down through generations of a family.

About 1 in 5 (20%) men with Klinefelter syndrome, have chromosome results that aren't simply one extra X chromosome. Other possible results include:
• Mosaic Klinefelter syndrome (46,XY/47,XXY), which happens when some cells have an extra X chromosome and some cells do not.
• More than one extra X or Y chromosome (48, XXXY; 48,XXYY; or 49,XXYY)
• Extra X chromosomes that have an abnormal structure
While there is no cure for Klinefelter syndrome, treatments like testosterone supplements can help lessen symptoms, especially when started at puberty. Most men with Klinefelter syndrome will need help from intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) to become a biological father. This technique is successful in over half of men with Klinefelter syndrome. Most children born to men with Klinefelter syndrome have had normal chromosomes, but there may be a higher chance to have a child with a chromosome disorder. If a man with Klinefelter syndrome is not able to have a biological child, other options (including sperm donor, adoption, and remaining childfree) can be considered.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(00)05201-6/abstract
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) has given some patients with Klinefelter's syndrome (ie, men with an XXY sex-chromosome profile) the chance to become fathers, but the genetic makeup of the spermatozoa used for the injection is a concern. We studied the segregation of the sex chromosomes and chromosomes 1 and 21 by multicolour fluorescence in-situ hybridisation in a patient with non-mosaic Klinefelter's syndrome who was a candidate for ICSI. As other workers have found, we saw a higher rate of 24,XX and 24,XY spermatozoa in the patient than in controls. However, we also found a much higher frequency of disomy 21 in the spermatozoa of this patient than in controls (6•2 vs 0•4%). Any child conceived by ICSI using this man's sperm will thus have a proportionally higher risk of trisomy 21 (Down's Syndrome)

Non-mosaic Klinefelter patients are generally azoospermic due to primary testicular failure

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/1201/p2259.html
Klinefelter syndrome has been identified in 0.4 percent of boys with special education needs

Mosaicism occurs in 15 percent of men with an additional X chromosome and generally results in a milder phenotype. When mosaicism occurs, cells with two or more karyotypes are distributed. Most often, a normal chromosome number (46,XY) is identified in cells from a sample that also contains hyperdiploid cells (i.e., a Klinefelter or Klinefelter variant karyotype). In standard venipuncture, however, the ratio of normal to hyperdiploid white blood cells is not reflective of all tissues, and the phenotypic severity cannot be anticipated.
Although there have been multiple reports of successful fertilization by men with Klinefelter syndrome, genetic counseling is essential because of the increased risk of autosomal and sex chromosome abnormalities

Sex Chromosomal Abnormalities are conditions that are compatible with survival unlike other chromosomal abnormalities. These disorders too can be detected through prenatal screening as in the case of Down syndrome. Diagnosis can be confirmed by a karyotype using a blood sample.

-Turner syndrome 1 in 2,500 to 5,000
Presence of only one X chromosome instead of two
Lack of proper sexual development,proportionate short stature, improper ovarian development, broad-webbed neck, broad and shield like chest, structural defects of the heart and kidney, triangle-shaped face, posteriorly turned ears. No Treatment Available

-Klinefelter Syndrome 1 in 1,000
Presence of an extra X chromosome in the male
Taller than average, small testis, sterility of the affected male, low I.Q, gynaecomastia, males with the condition are prone for breast cancer.
Removal of excess breast tissue can be carried out.Testosterone therapy is usually given.

-Super females 1 in 1,000
Presence of an three X chromosomes in the female than the normal 2 Tall and well built figure, mild mental ******ation, the degree of mental ******ation and physical abnormality increases with each X chromosome, sterility, and menstrual abnormalities.
Correction of symptoms or abnormalities associated with the condition

-47, XYY Karyotype Normal population: 1 in 1,000, Tihar Jail: 1 in 30
Presence of an extra Y chromosome in the normal male
Low level of I.Q, taller than average, violent behaviour, criminal tendency, behavioral problems such as attention deficit disorder, hyperactivity, aggressiveness. No treatment
most common autosomal abnormality is Down syndrome (Trisomy 21)

-Genotype: XYY
Sex: male
Syndrome: XYY syndrome
Physical Traits: normal male traits

-Genotype: XXX
Sex: female
Syndrome: Trisomy X
Physical Traits: tall stature, learning disabilities, limited fertility

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(00)05201-6/abstract
Risk of trisomy 21 in offspring of patients with Klinefelter's syndrome
Summary: Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) has given some patients with Klinefelter's syndrome (ie, men with an XXY sex-chromosome profile) the chance to become fathers, but the genetic makeup of the spermatozoa used for the injection is a concern. We studied the segregation of the sex chromosomes and chromosomes 1 and 21 by multicolour fluorescence in-situ hybridisation in a patient with non-mosaic Klinefelter's syndrome who was a candidate for ICSI. As other workers have found, we saw a higher rate of 24,XX and 24,XY spermatozoa in the patient than in controls. However, we also found a much higher frequency of disomy 21 in the spermatozoa of this patient than in controls (6•2 vs 0•4%). Any child conceived by ICSI using this man's sperm will thus have a proportionally higher risk of trisomy 21.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/128761.php
Sperm found in testes of men with Klinefelter syndrome have only a slightly increased frequency of sex chromosome polysomies, and most boys born from fathers with Klinefelter syndrome have a normal karyotype. These findings indicate that during early stem-cell proliferation or meiotic division, the checkpoint mechanisms are able to overcome X chromosome polysomy resulting in sperm with a single X (or Y) chromosome. We now have 3 boys when sperm was found in ejaculate early in puberty and subsequently lost, supporting that the damage to the testis occurs early during puberty.
Disomy: The condition of having a chromosome represented twice in a chromosomal complement.

Autosomal disorders, most common - incidence/1000 births
• dominant otosclerosis dominant - 3
• familial hypercholesterolaemia dominant - 2
• adult polycystic kidney disease dominant - 1
• cystic fibrosis recessive - 0.5
• recessive mental ******ation recessive - 0.5
• multiple exostoses dominant - 0.5
• Huntington's disease dominant - 0.5
• neurofibromatosis dominant - 0.4

Mosaic or mosaicism: The presence of two or more cell lines. Mosaicism in a man with Klinefelter syndrome may consist of a cell line with a 47,XXY karyotype and another one with a normal number of chromosomes (46,XY). Should non-mosaic Klinefelter syndrome men be labelled as infertile in 2009?
Fullerton G, Hamilton M, Maheshwari A.
Source: Aberdeen Fertility Centre, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, Aberdeen AB25 2ZN, UK. [email protected]
Abstract
BACKGROUND: Klinefelter syndrome is a common genetic condition. Affected non-mosaic men are azoospermic and have been labelled as infertile. Despite reports that these men can have children using assisted reproduction techniques, it is not common practice in the UK to offer sperm retrieval to these men.
METHODS: Medline and EMBASE (1980-2009) were searched independently by two authors and all studies involving surgical sperm retrieval in non-mosaic Klinefelter syndrome were included. The primary outcome was success of surgical sperm retrieval and the secondary outcome was live birth rate.
RESULTS: The overall success rate for sperm retrieval was 44%, with a higher rate of success using micro-dissection testicular sperm aspiration (micro-TESE) (55%). This, along with ICSI, has led to the birth of 101 children. However, there are no known predictors for successful sperm retrieval. Although there are concerns about genetic risk to the offspring of non-mosaic Klinefelter patients, this risk has not been found to be greater than that of patients with non-obstructive azoospermia with normal karyotype.

CONCLUSIONS: It is possible for a man with non-mosaic Klinefelter to father a child. However, before these techniques are offered, some ethical issues need to be explored.
------------
Physical development
As babies, many XXY males have weak muscles and reduced strength. They may sit up, crawl, and walk later than other infants. After about age four, XXY males tend to be taller and may have less muscle control and coordination than other boys their age.

As XXY males enter puberty, they often don't make as much testosterone as other boys. This can lead to a taller, less muscular body, less facial and body hair, and broader hips than other boys. As teens, XXY males may have larger breasts, weaker bones, and a lower energy level than other boys.
By adulthood, XXY males look similar to males without the condition, although they are often taller. They are also more likely than other men to have certain health problems, such as autoimmune disorders, breast cancer, vein diseases, osteoporosis, and tooth decay.
XXY males can have normal sex lives, but they usually make little or no sperm. Between 95 percent and 99 percent of XXY males are infertile because their bodies don't make a lot of sperm.

Language development
As boys, between 25 percent and 85 percent of XXY males have some kind of language problem, such as learning to talk late, trouble using language to express thoughts and needs, problems reading, and trouble processing what they hear.
As adults, XXY males may have a harder time doing work that involves reading and writing, but most hold jobs and have successful careers.

Social development
As babies, XXY males tend to be quiet and undemanding. As they get older, they are usually quieter, less self-confident, less active, and more helpful and obedient than other boys.

As teens, XXY males tend to be quiet and shy. They may struggle in school and sports, meaning they may have more trouble "fitting in" with other kids.
However, as adults, XXY males live lives similar to men without the condition; they have friends, families, and normal social relationships.

Hypogonadism associated with 47,XXY can lead to a host of comorbid conditions. None appear at alarmingly high rates, but some are three to five times more prevalent among XXYs that among XY men. Among the more common medical complications are osteoporosis, a thinning of the bones making fractures more likely, and autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and Type 1 diabetes. XXYs, particularly those who have not had testosterone supplementation, may suffer from venous ulcers. Thyroid disorders are also more common than usual. XXYs are more likely to suffer from seizures. Mood disorders, including depression and bipolar disorder, appear to be much more common among XXY individuals than in the population as a whole, although this has not yet been studied rigorously enough to quantify.
Studies are underway to determine the impact of testosterone therapy on reducing the risks of these complications.

That's disgusting, clarkea - about the huge wait and also about being told you'd only have a girl. How wrong can you get? As far as I understand it, if your DH is producing sperm then he'll be producing some sperm with that extra 'x' chromosome and some that are normal. If a particular sperm with an extra 'x' chromosome happens to be female then it'll create an XXX female (the female equivalent of KS - called Triple X Syndrome). It's not like only sperm with extra 'x' chromosomes will create boys - how daft is that doctor?!

I'm so glad you're getting things transferred. The funding process takes ages and I'm glad you're on the ball and keeping an eye on things - make sure you keep checking. You'll know by now that the NHS runs at a snail's pace and you need to keep making sure they're doing what they should be!

Hoping, I have to say I doubt your husband has KS just because of the fact that he has a sperm count. KS men very, very, very rarely have any sperm in their ejaculation and only about 5% make any in the testicles. A low Testosterone and high FSH does not mean KS and simply means that the body is having issues producing sperm - which is clearly the case.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. KS can be passed on, as it means there's one extra gene. We were told that the likelihood is that if DH had any sperm then half of it would be normal (46 chromosomes) and half would have the extra chromsome.

It's not true about them only being able to conceive boys either.

There's absolutely no evidence at all that men with KS can pass on Down's syndrome etc. The extra gene they have is in a different place.

My husband didn't tick every box for KS but he still has it.

You really need to wait on the results before jumping the gun, but just from what you've said I have to say I'd be very surprised if he has KS.

---

Merry Christmas to you all x

Hi Siverbell, thank you for taking the time to write and for your thoughts. i just have a feeling he does have it based on some major symptoms (less than 1 mil. sperm, smaller than average testicles per the urologist, 6'3.5", has a moderate to severe learning disability, has low free testosterone, high FSH.)

i will try to relax and wait and see, afterall i am not a doctor of course.

we were in London for our honeymoon and boy did we love it, it is my husband's favourite.

best of luck with your donor sperm. someone in my family adopted a baby and from my perspective i never thought anything other than that this beautiful child is theirs 1000%. i would do donor sperm also, i am sure it is a wonderful miracle and experience. i'm still feeling really down so i'll blame that on whether or not this email makes the best sense. i wish you the very best with your BFP!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all.
:flower:
Hoping, I have to say I doubt your husband has KS just because of the fact that he has a sperm count. KS men very, very, very rarely have any sperm in their ejaculation and only about 5% make any in the testicles. A low Testosterone and high FSH does not mean KS and simply means that the body is having issues producing sperm - which is clearly the case.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. KS can be passed on, as it means there's one extra gene. We were told that the likelihood is that if DH had any sperm then half of it would be normal (46 chromosomes) and half would have the extra chromsome.

It's not true about them only being able to conceive boys either.

There's absolutely no evidence at all that men with KS can pass on Down's syndrome etc. The extra gene they have is in a different place.

My husband didn't tick every box for KS but he still has it.

You really need to wait on the results before jumping the gun, but just from what you've said I have to say I'd be very surprised if he has KS.

---

Merry Christmas to you all x

Like Silverbell said my husband didn't tick all of the Klinefelters boxes either, he has an amazing libido, is very masculine doesn't have enlarged breast tissue, but he sure as heck has that piece of paper stating 47XXY. I wouldnt jump to conclusions till you get the results. I was told that very rarely, men with klinefelters, can produce a small amount of sperm during puberty, I suppose when hormone levels are at their best, but this will peter off as they go beyond teenage years.
Try not to worry too much, if there has been sperm before you never know, and even if it does come down to donor sperm like it did for us, my Husband is already in love with our baby despite whatever a DNA would say and despite everything and all the heartache we went through to get this baby I would go through it all again for this little one :cloud9:
Wishing you all the best.:flower:

I'm so happy to see your pregnancy is going well star, make sure you keep us updated!

And to everyone else Happy Holidays!

Hi all, sorry not been on for a while. Well my dh had the sperm retrieval and they found some!!!!!! They went in one side of the testicle and took out 8 strands. The week after we went for the post op and was told they have got 7 out of the 8.
This is as u can imagine really really fantastic news for us and hope for others in this situation.
We were in total shock when he said he'd found some as we were only given a 5% chance of finding some.
We are now just waiting for an app for an open evening and then we go ahead with the ivf.
I hope u re all well xx

Hi, it sounds like a long journey so far. can you please explain more about what you've written that if he is 47xxy he cannot have a boy only a girl? did you find out if he is mosaic Klinefelter's? i think my husband is that based on his smaller than average testicles per the urologist, my husband is 6'3.5", has a moderate to severe learning disability, has low free testosterone, high FSH. he is a hairy guy with no libido problems but i'm pretty sure he has this diagnosis, we get his karyotype/chromosome test results in feb.

Heres my story so far, if i can remember its been that long!

I have been ttc with my DH for 7 years. I went for test after about 1 year as nothing was happening. My tests came back clear so decided to just carry on trying. My doctor told me we wernt trying hard enough! Can you believe that lol
After 5 years with still no luck (we left it this long as it took my sister so long to concieve i thought it was me!) we went back to the hospital to see what we could do. They advised to get DH tested. Sperm test came back with zero sperm! Doctor asked he the test was done right! how can you possibly do it wrong!
Did another test. doctor said it was lost in transit! worrying! Did another test was told to again zero sperm. He wasnt very nice about it either!
Referred to St Marys Manchester, did a load of tests! each with months apart. Taking too long!
Looked up last night and was diagnosed in Feb 2011.
Was told that we need sperm retrieval, PGD and IVF. but that it all needed to be done in London at Thomas and St Guys as they dont do PGD anywhere else.
Was told to quit smoking and go back in 2 months. so we did and went back, doc said they will put us on the list for sperm retrieval. Once we had this done at Mancehster we would go straight to LOndon for OGD and IVF. They also said that we would never concieve a boy as he would def have xxy. We got told only a girl.

Went to an endocrinology app in Oct 11 who looked at my DH and said are you sure they confirmed xxy as he looks so normal (good muscle build) testorone level normal etc...
They said he might by mosaic (some xxy and some xy), and that even if his tests came back that he was 47 xxy he probably wouldnt be as they only test a certain part of your blood/sperm. There was no way of them checking all parts so that why if they dont see any normal xy in one smple then they just call you 47 xxy.

Then received a letter to say that he wasnt mosaic on paper but could still possibly be!
How messed up is that (gave us hope though)

Went to a Genetic councelling app in Jan this year who didnt help one tiny bit! He said he hadnt had to deal with this before and wasnt very clued up on xxy.
He did say though that it is possible for us to have a boy if they get sperm. It was 50/50. that was good news for us as the thought of not having a boy was not nice. Although i would be very happy with a girl. :)

He said that the process was taking too long and that he would find out where we were up to and let us know!

Two weeks after app and not hearing anything at all from anyone i phoned up Manchester hospital to see if we were near the top of the list as we were told 1 year waiting list.
They said we were no 40 and they only do 2 a month as the doctor has other commitments! It would prob be next year now!

This obviously wasnt acceptable as i was ready to become a mum 7 years ago! the thought of waiting another year i couldnt cope with so i phoned Liverpool womens hospital to see how long their waiting list was.
They said no waiting list so i phoned Manchester to see if we could get transferred.
They said it would take 1 - 2 weeks to do this.
I phoned 1 week later to make sure everything was going smoothly and they said they hadnt done anything as they need to apply to their funding dept! Its not funded by my PCT its funded by theirs.
They said they would do it that day but the big guys only have a meeting once a month so not sure how long it would take.

We are now just waiting to be transferred over so we can start the ball rolling.

Sorry this is quite long, i have a lot to tell lol

Hi Hoping for our 1st. Reading what u have said and due to the fact that ur husband has a sperm count at all sounds like he doesn't have klienfelters. Although I can only tell u wat I have been told a person with klienfelters has zero sperm count.
My past posts are wat docs have previously said but in my experience every doc tells. Different thing due to the fact no one really has a clue about it.
One time I went to a doc n ended up telling him things bout it

Or results seem to take a while can u not ask them to speed things up

Please ask me anything u feel u want to know and I will try and help in n e way I can. I know how all this feels n the worst part is devo not knowing
X

Clarkea, wow, congrats on finding sperm and very best of luck with your IVF. thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, i did read it over Christmas. it was nice to take a break from all this sadness.:flower:

Hi all, sorry not been on for a while. Well my dh had the sperm retrieval and they found some!!!!!! They went in one side of the testicle and took out 8 strands. The week after we went for the post op and was told they have got 7 out of the 8.
This is as u can imagine really really fantastic news for us and hope for others in this situation.
We were in total shock when he said he'd found some as we were only given a 5% chance of finding some.
We are now just waiting for an app for an open evening and then we go ahead with the ivf.
I hope u re all well xx

That is fantastic!

Hi every one. My story goes as follows.
Dh,29- klinefelters syndrome
Me, 23 so far so good

Dh had TESA today and could not believe it when they found sperm. Obviously the Clomid that he's been on worked. Thank heavens as the side effects were horrendous.

Now waiting a few weeks for my next period to come and go so i can have a scan to check if im all ok.

Then we start our first cycle of ivf.i will have to have the injections and everything( omg hope they arent too bad) and dh will have snother TESA to get fredh dperm when i have my egg collection.

Im so happy that as long as there is still sperm there on 2nd TESA we should be able to have a biological child. At the same time im starting to get scared of the injections and procedure ahead as i am a big chicken. Please tell me theyre not too bad. Lol

Me, 23 so far so good

Dh had TESA today and could not believe it when they found sperm. Obviously the Clomid that he's been on worked. Thank heavens as the side effects were horrendous.

Now waiting a few weeks for my next period to come and go so i can have a scan to check if im all ok.

Then we start our first cycle of ivf.i will have to have the injections and everything( omg hope they arent too bad) and dh will have snother TESA to get fredh dperm when i have my egg collection.

Im so happy that as long as there is still sperm there on 2nd TESA we should be able to have a biological child. At the same time im starting to get scared of the injections and procedure ahead as i am a big chicken. Please tell me theyre not too bad. Lol

That's so exciting for you! Do you mind me asking, how long after his diagnosis were you able to have the first TESE?

My hubby hasn't officially been diagnosed yet but after researching I think this is what he has. He is absolutely hating the idea of DS and I don't think he'll do it, and I am absolutely hating the idea of never being pregnant....don't know what we'll do.

My husband is very tall (6'5") small testicals, can't grow facial hair, sleep apnea, low sex drive......all things point to KS....we still have to wait until the end of next month to see a urologist. I'm just broken.

Me, 23 so far so good

Hi

Why does he need tesa again? How much did they find originly and sre u nhs or private

My husband also has klinefelter, I would like to ask how did you go about the sperm donor treatment?

Tesa is sperm retrieval. When you have xxy there is a chance sperm is there but not coming out. We were given a 5% chance they wud find sum. Then a 40% chance and luckily for us they found some. They have now frozen it so when we do IVF we can hopefully have our biological baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->