• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dealing with Klinefelter's Syndrome / XXY? Come here for friendship and support

Wow thats alot of follicles. My clinic offers follicle reduction if you have 3 or 4 mature ones, if it's more than that though they cancel as apparently it's quite an unpleasant procedure similar to egg collection, they pop the follicle with a big old needle!
Are they going to give you progesterone suppositories to help with your short lp? X

I would sooooo have taken up follicle reduction. I'm not bothered about the pain and it does sound terrible, but to have to abandon a cycle and then just sit and wait is horrible :nope: Yes, I was due to start Progesterone this cycle.

I had testing done to see if it was genetic. I also got AF this week. Alil early for me I think. So sorry to hear the cancelling.

Ah, thank you for letting me know, clarks. I was intrigued. I'm so sorry :hugs:

So weren't you waiting for O and not AF? Could your loss have caused this? :hugs:

I was hoping to catch my o before AF but I'm not stressing it. We weren't going to try this cycle originally and at last minute changed our minds cause my doc gave the ok.

I was hoping to catch my o before AF but I'm not stressing it. We weren't going to try this cycle originally and at last minute changed our minds cause my doc gave the ok.

Oh that sucks, I'm sorry :hugs: At least you know exactly where you are in your cycle now though. Keeping everything crossed for another really quick BFP for you :dust:

Hope everyone is ok today. Well it's CD1 today for us :thumbup: Scan booked for 8.15 tomorrow morning. I'm just praying there are no dastardly giant follicles laying in wait so this cycle gets cancelled as well. :help: I also really hope we haven't missed out on our donor as he was the only one that came close to my DH's characteristics and was cmv neg. :shrug:

Why would you miss out on tour donor star?

The clinic has a very small donor list (14 last time we went) they are only allowed to create a certain number of families (can be more than one child per family) once they've reached the limit they come off the list, plus not many on the list were cmv negative which I am so we were limited with choice. My DH is 6'3" and only 2 donors were over 6'. I'm just praying his sperm hasn't made any babies in the past month :haha:

I'm very excited to say that everything went very well this morning, I've got a couple of 11mm follicles so hopefully they are left over from last month and will just shrink back down :thumbup: Done my first 2 injections and then I'm back for another scan on Friday. The nurse was just a little worried that i might overstimulate as my ovaries look quite crammed but I have everything crossed and really I'm just glad that we are back on the wagon as I've been feeling in such limbo since last october, Im in a such a good mood today now :flower:
Oh and our donor is still available and all booked for us :happydance:
Hope everyone else is doing ok.
loads of :dust: to all you ladies

Why would you miss out on tour donor star?

The clinic has a very small donor list (14 last time we went) they are only allowed to create a certain number of families (can be more than one child per family) once they've reached the limit they come off the list, plus not many on the list were cmv negative which I am so we were limited with choice. My DH is 6'3" and only 2 donors were over 6'. I'm just praying his sperm hasn't made any babies in the past month :haha:

Aahh that makes sense here we only have like 3 or 4 major donor places bit the lost is a lil longer then 14. Money wise those lil vials cost 340+ and we would rather our friend be a donor and get more then one shot at it a month.

They use 3 vials per insemination at my clinic and it cost £300 for all the sperm, so not too bad I guess, I think thats about $600 x

That Alil cheaper then here. Do you also have to pay for insemination or is that covered?

That Alil cheaper then here. Do you also have to pay for insemination or is that covered?
Insemination is £900 for the initial attempt (goes down to £600 for future tries), and drugs are between £300 and £500. We paid about £1500 in total for this cycle including some one off fees. We were lucky to have a GP that did all our blood tests on the NHS so that saved us about £600. Do you pay alot for insemination in the States?

Bout the same numbers but in dollars. It's so sad really, people who can afford to support a child but end up infertile can go broke just frying for a baby. So sorry I am a horrible texter

That's another reason why I'm possess cause I will have wasted a months supply of meds. So Sry to hear bout the headache. Anything you can do for it?

theclarks~ so so sorry to hear of your loss...i know how heartbreaking it can be.. hugs :hugs:

AFM~ havent been back in awhile..just havent been on the forums much. We are still doing home insem with known sperm donor...been thinking about going back to the fertility clinic in a few months if this doesnt work (which we really hate to do) fingers crossed this works so we dont have to. :dust: to all you lovely ladies here.

Great to hear from you. I hope you don't have to go back to the doctor. Just remember we have the same chances as regular couple doing it at home so it may take up to 6 months but I hope not for both our sakes lol.

thank you theclarks! well we've been doing home insems since april 2011 :( but we're going into our 7th cycle with this donor so i dont know:shrug:

theclarks~~ have done clomid for a few cycles but nope....and have not done hsg as I got bfp on my second iui thru my RE without any problem and she didnt recommend having one...also because my cycles are pretty regular, etc but i am 35 and at that "low ovarian reserve point" so that could be part of the problem....or it's just not the right time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->