• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dealing with Klinefelter's Syndrome / XXY? Come here for friendship and support

Silverbell - chuffed you got the NHS funding. Alot of worry to the side! so you had your first injections! what happens next then?

I have finally been referred to Liverpool Womens after waiting over a year on Manchester's waiting list!
I have my first app on April 16th, probably to go through steps.
:happydance:
fingers crossed this is a speedy journey! we have already waited too long.

Yes, lots and lots of worry to the side. I'm still over the moon about it and feel so grateful :flower:

Yep, had my last stimulating injection today. Have my day 9 scan on Wednesday to see what size my follicles are and make sure there are only 1 or 2. Then they said I'll probably need 1 more scan at the end of the week before they give me a date and time of doing the trigger injection to trigger ovulation and then it's back to the clinic for the DIUI 36 hours later. So excited now. Just praying Wednesday's scan results are as good as they can be.

Great news about being transferred and fingers crossed it's an appointment filled with good news and quick turn-arounds. :happydance:

clarks - my fingers and toes are crossed for you. Keep hope and keep positive.

Silverbell - chuffed you got the NHS funding. Alot of worry to the side! so you had your first injections! what happens next then?

I have finally been referred to Liverpool Womens after waiting over a year on Manchester's waiting list!

So glad to hear everything is working out for you. Good luck on you your appt!

Yes, lots and lots of worry to the side. I'm still over the moon about it and feel so grateful :flower:

Yep, had my last stimulating injection today. Have my day 9 scan on Wednesday to see what size my follicles are and make sure there are only 1 or 2. Then they said I'll probably need 1 more scan at the end of the week before they give me a date and time of doing the trigger injection to trigger ovulation and then it's back to the clinic for the DIUI 36 hours later. So excited now. Just praying Wednesday's scan results are as good as they can be.

Great news about being transferred and fingers crossed it's an appointment filled with good news and quick turn-arounds. :happydance:

Wish you all the luck that everything works out and those follicles looks perfect!

**update** nope no update, took another blood test today but wont get the results till tomorrow at the earliest if I am lucky.

Thinking of you, clarks, and praying for really reassuring news. Let us know how you get on :hugs:

I got my call, hcg is still low but rising still and all my other levels are normal and they are treating this as a normal pregnancy

Only just saw your post, clarks. I'm guessing all is still going well. Great stuff! :thumbup:

How is everybody else?

I have my first DIUI tomorrow. So excited!

DH and I had a little cry yesterday and a chat about it. I'm so excited at the very real prospect of getting pregnant now, but so sad, sad, sad that it's not my DH's swimmers. :cry: But we know this is the only way we'll experience pregnancy and we know that we'll love a child to bits regardless of whose genes it has.

That's so exciting Silverbell. Its all so bittersweet though isn't it. My husband and I have decided on the DS route now and we went for our implication councilling a couple of weeks ago, the whole thing made me and my husband feel sadder than before, how does that figure? We have our injection training next Friday and we've chosen our donor, so as soon as this cycle finishes we are all go.
I hope things went really really well, I'm thinking about you both x x

That's so exciting Silverbell. Its all so bittersweet though isn't it. My husband and I have decided on the DS route now and we went for our implication councilling a couple of weeks ago, the whole thing made me and my husband feel sadder than before, how does that figure? We have our injection training next Friday and we've chosen our donor, so as soon as this cycle finishes we are all go.
I hope things went really really well, I'm thinking about you both x x

Yes, stardust, it's very bittersweet indeed. I'm glad you've both decided on the route for you. We actually found the implication counselling made us feel better about things and we found that we were more prepared and happy with our choice than we'd thought we were, which surprised us (and the counsellor!). I guess nothing is the same for any of us at the end of the day - we're all different individuals and couples and we all deal with things differently. Don't get me wrong though - it's a very sad time and bittersweet is exactly the right term to use. We've known about DH's KS since last August though, so we've had longer to come to terms with things and we were warned of a very low success rate for the biopsy he had in January, so we had also been prepared for the zero results for that too.

Good luck with your injection training next Friday. I hope your cycle is soon here and you can start getting excited about TTC again. :hugs:

Things went very well yesterday and I have 45 million :spermy: inside me! Praying that it brings a lovely BFP in a couple of weeks. It's all down to nature now.

Hey girls,

I'm so glad things are going well for yall. I know the bittersweet feeling it never really goes away. But I can also say when you pregnant and you both get wrapped up in the process, things change a bit. I almost forget at times I'm not carrying my hubbys dna because I know I am carrying his child. I think sometimes he even forgets. Although it might be a bit different for us cause we felt so close to loosing this lo. I pray you two get successful bfps soon! Update here is we jumped from 866 to 3644 on my hcg levels in a week. (Please don't judge) now I am truly struggling quitting smoking. I had almost quit in the beginning but when I felt like they were just expecting me to mc I basically relapsed. But I'm almost there. Just have to give up the 4 cigs a day I've been smoking. And we get our first ultrasound Tuesday. I'm so excited and scared at the same time.

Blimey, that's a massive jump in HCG levels. Excellent news!

I don't think you have any fear of being judged here :hugs:

I'm glad to hear you're almost there with the quitting smoking. It's great you're trying your hardest and of course you'll know the benefits to your little one, which will certainly spur you on I imagine! Good luck for Tuesday and please let us know how you get on :hugs:

I'm pretty sure my baby stopped growing at 6w5d. I went in for my ultrasound and the lady was like well you don't seem to be as far along as you thought. I told her that was impossible. DH has no sperm and I know my exact day of conception. I have to wait till Monday for the official verdict but I know the truth already. Babies aren't supposed to measure 3 weeks behind and there was no mention of a hb. My heart is breaking and DH doesn't wanna talk about it to anyone till we know for sure.

I'm pretty sure my baby stopped growing at 6w5d. I went in for my ultrasound and the lady was like well you don't seem to be as far along as you thought. I told her that was impossible. DH has no sperm and I know my exact day of conception. I have to wait till Monday for the official verdict but I know the truth already. Babies aren't supposed to measure 3 weeks behind and there was no mention of a hb. My heart is breaking and DH doesn't wanna talk about it to anyone till we know for sure.

:hugs:

Clarks, I am praying that this lady was wrong. You must feel terrible. It seems shocking that you have to wait until Monday. Why is that? That's just wrong :nope:

Thinking of you Clarks. :hugs:

That is the soonest the doctor will be in. I can't believe I have to wait that long either. You would think they could do something sooner.

That is the soonest the doctor will be in. I can't believe I have to wait that long either. You would think they could do something sooner.

Is there nowhere you could get another scan sooner where you live? I know in the UK most hospitals have an EPAU - early pregnancy assessment unit - and although they don't routinely do scans at request I know they will sometimes make an exception for distressed ladies. Is there anything like this where you live? Or is there an option of paying to go elsewhere?

I feel terrible for you. I can't imagine how you're feeling. You've had enough crap to deal with already without this. You've certainly had enough of being in limbo.

I really, really, really hope and wish and pray that they're wrong. Thinking of you so much :hugs:

No unfortunately here with my insurance a scan would cost 500 us dollars. Otherwise I would have gotten a scan earlier on when hcg levels were showing so low. Honestly I think my doctor should have had me in a lot sooner for a scan and I think after this pregnancy is either way I will definently be changing doctors. I really do hate the limbo worst then anything. And after 5 yrs it just seems so unfair. I wont lie I am very angry at God right now.

No unfortunately here with my insurance a scan would cost 500 us dollars. Otherwise I would have gotten a scan earlier on when hcg levels were showing so low. Honestly I think my doctor should have had me in a lot sooner for a scan and I think after this pregnancy is either way I will definently be changing doctors. I really do hate the limbo worst then anything. And after 5 yrs it just seems so unfair. I wont lie I am very angry at God right now.

I am so sorry, clarks. I agree they should have gotten you in sooner based on that.

Keeping everything crossed for you and thinking of you.

:hugs:I am so so sorry, this must be so heartbreaking :( I am hoping and praying that the woman doing the scan just got it wrong :hugs:

Thinking of you, clarks. :hugs:

I'm out this cycle girls. AF showed up at an appalling 9dpiui today.

Oh Silverbell I'm so sorry :( I was so hopeful that it was gonna work first time for you guys :hugs: :cry:

We had the injection training today, poor dh nearly passed out. Then we had the joy of parting with £1135 and another £150-£250 on Monday for our drugs. I'm hoping so much that we get this first time as we are already having to sell stuff to fund this :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->