Dealing with the heat

Teafor2

Reaction score
So there have been a couple times this pregnancy where I think I was out in the sun or heat too much, and I’m really struggling to manage it. I’m normally someone that has no issue with the sun and heat so this is something new for me.

I’m a teacher and today we had a swimming day so I was outside for the whole morning in 34 degree weather and I felt horrible all afternoon.

I have been drinking electrolyte drinks, staying in the shade, and I keep a damp washcloth in my freezer to cool myself down when at home.

Any advice on other things I can do to manage the heat?

That's hot i think I wud of passed out.
We had temps sore last week to 27 28c and that was so difficult. I had to go inside and lay down with a fan on because I felt so faint.
I do find drinking ice cold water and eating ice lollies help a bit.
And just trying to stay in the shade.
Our temps here in the south west England can climb to 35c but I'm hoping that don't happen this year.
If u find anything else that helps let me know hon.
I've brought some cooling spray but since I brought it the weather has took a turn and its been a bit cold. Definitely gonna use it when it gets hot again.
I find having cool showers helps too. I have a menthal cream for itching and that helps as well esp keeping it in the fridge then sitting in front of a fan when I've put it on.
U can also get a shower gel called source and its mint and something else and that helps as well.

I hate this heat while pregnant. Makes me nauseous just walking outside sometimes.

I did not handle the heat well when pregnant, even at work in air conditioning! We often have to wear isolation gowns and masks so I would feel so overheated! I had a small portable fan that I kept at the desk which helped a lot. Can you get one of those battery powered handheld misting fans? That might help!

I did not handle the heat well when pregnant, even at work in air conditioning! We often have to wear isolation gowns and masks so I would feel so overheated! I had a small portable fan that I kept at the desk which helped a lot. Can you get one of those battery powered handheld misting fans? That might help!
I was actually thinking about getting one of these for the week I’m at the beach with my family! Glad to hear it was helpful!

we are in the midst of a hideous heat wave here, 115 degrees F which translates to 41C! It's outrageous. all I can do is be inside with a/c or pouring ice water over myself. cold showers help too. but I'm not pregnant anymore... just worried about my little 2-month-old!

Ugh the heat/sun has been my nemesis this pregnancy! I feel so sick in it. Its so tough bc I want to take advantage of the good weather as much as I can for my kids since I know we’ll be cooped up all winter with the new baby. (Im in Michigan so only like 3 maybe 4 months of decent weather each year - I CANT waste it lol)

so far i just try to stay in the shade if possible - wear flowy clothes, open toed shoes if you can and tooooons of ice cold water/electrolyte drinks.

we are in the midst of a hideous heat wave here, 115 degrees F which translates to 41C! It's outrageous. all I can do is be inside with a/c or pouring ice water over myself. cold showers help too. but I'm not pregnant anymore... just worried about my little 2-month-old!
Omg I can’t even imagine!

Oh @MrsKatie that sounds terrible. It must be so tough trying to keep little one cool.
I'm so glad this one is a September baby because that's when it gets cooler here.
Glad u have air con and I hope that helps.

We don't have air con in our homes in England unless u have it put in but its expensive. Our houses are designed for cold weather because we only have a few weeks here and there of hot weather and then the rest of the time it's cold

Thinking of you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"