• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

debate: do aliens exist?

Dopeyjopey

Toddlers are fun :)
Reaction score
As the title says, do you think there is life on other planets?

I am a firm believer and think there is evidence to prove there have been visits to earth.

What do you think? :flower:

Lol is this inspired by Hawking's new book? I am not at all egocentric enough to suppose that in this vast universe we are the only planet to have life however I don't believe we've been visited and whether it will ever be possible for us or others to visit inhabited planets, well I suspect not. I imagine there is a lot of life out there albeit unintelligent. Whilst the circumstances that brought us about were pretty extraordinary there is a string school of thought that a number of necessary mecules arrived from meteorites anyway making it probably more likely that life will have started elsewhere too. It also might be very different. Silicon based instead of carbon based for example.

I didn't know about Hawking's new book, i'll have to have a read though :)

I agree about completely different life. They may also have different dimensions that we don't know about.

Have you heard of project disclosure? Hundreds of ex military/RAF/NASA etc telling their experiences with UFOs. They came together as if one person does it on their own they're told they are unstable. However there is no way that many unstable people would have passed psychometric testing.

Ancient Egyptians speak of 'inheriting' their civilisation and how the gods 'descended' to earth. It is my view that this may have been aliens. It would also partly explain how they built the pyramids which are unbelievably accurate with measurements and the direction they face. We couldn't get them that perfect NOW, even with our new fancy technology!

Meh I put no stock in anything the ancient's thought! lol I recall something being released from the '40s, had a bit of a look and perhaps lost interest! It's not something that gets me very fired up either way though I certainly think that most sightings (there is some certain commonality in the type of person that supposedly sees things, not least living near a US defence site and being not wholly educated!) can be explained by something entirely human, whether secret to the world or not.

I don't believe most sightings either. I have seen a video of some air force planes chasing a UFO but somehow the records of what they were doing have disappeared!

I have much more in the abilities of the MoD than the liklihood of alien visitors.

When we were camping last month at half 11 at night we were trying to sleep, just beginning to doze despite our hugely noisy neighbours, when I had this mad dream we were sleeping under a railway bridge and a high speed train was going over our heads, DH leapt and one of us had our heart racing but I couldn't tell which! We figured it was an air force plane. Just a mile or two away was a mad futuristic building in the middle of the moors with secrecy act MoD signs everywhere. What a place to test though, over a campsite! :rofl: We were well freaked out.

Haha those F16s are scary sounding! I still think they cover up UFOs so as to not create mass hysteria. Or to stop people being too inquisitive.

Why else do videos with 'proof' get deleted from youtube? Only someone with significant power could order that to happen, surely? And why would they bother if it was a load of rubbish?

My Oh thinks that Aliens started life on earth

Me I dont know, we did watch the Stephen Hawking thing where he said about life on other planets being Hydrogen based or something like that It was interesting

I think that too missy. It all started with the Sumerians (civilisation, that is)... there are also three 'jumps' in evolution and i think we were given a 'push'. Earth is just a giant petri dish :)

I could argue that if some building blocks came from outer space then life did originate on earth through alien bits, if not organisms, but evolution clearly shows that we started out small and not with any civilisation. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding anything you guys are saying!

I think that too missy. It all started with the Sumerians (civilisation, that is)... there are also three 'jumps' in evolution and i think we were given a 'push'. Earth is just a giant petri dish :)

He agrees with you hun

I would say yes but I cant prove it and I would like proper proof not fake stuff on youtube, or would i ? probably scare me a bit. How comes UFOs only come to America? not here? they not like Ireland? I dont know about little green men and all and poeple being abducted etc. But if we are here something else has to be there.

I mean that civilised life was started by beings from elsewhere, like they taught us how to work together. We definitely evolved!

wow I dont have a clue about that , but I defo dont think god made us.

I would say yes but I cant prove it and I would like proper proof not fake stuff on youtube, or would i ? probably scare me a bit. How comes UFOs only come to America? not here? they not like Ireland? I dont know about little green men and all and poeple being abducted etc. But if we are here something else has to be there.

My personal view on that is that many 'sightings' (ones that can be trusted, not the made up rubbish) are in bigger countries such as the americas, canada, russia etc, are because that is where the land mass is. If i was visiting another planet i'd pick where looks largest. Also, they tend to be in dry, sparsely inhabited places (nevada and egypt for example) and i think that is because they choose to go somewhere that is more like their own environment.

Missy - i would love to sit and chat with your OH!

I mean that civilised life was started by beings from elsewhere, like they taught us how to work together. We definitely evolved!

lol If that's the case they didn't teach us very well did they?!

Dragonfly, isn't Ireland full of little green men anyway? ;)

See I think the dry sparsely inhabited places are where the defence bases are, and thus ends the speculation!

See I think the dry sparsely inhabited places are where the defence bases are, and thus ends the speculation!

But the earliest civilisations worked very well. Also, dry areas were where the earliest civilsations started, long before military bases :shrug:

Depends on what tea you drinking 8-[

Interesting droopy about the the land mass etc. I wont knock it as I cant honestly say but I have an open mind about t and if anyone finds anything thats not clearly fake but questionable on yourtibe please show, I have a massive file of paranormal stuff there i think could be real and interesting I like to gather up.

My personal view on that is that many 'sightings' (ones that can be trusted, not the made up rubbish) are in bigger countries such as the americas, canada, russia etc, are because that is where the land mass is. If i was visiting another planet i'd pick where looks largest. Also, they tend to be in dry, sparsely inhabited places (nevada and egypt for example) and i think that is because they choose to go somewhere that is more like their own environment.

Missy - i would love to sit and chat with your OH!

I will look after A and Rhys haha

Dragonfly, when i get on the pc i'll find some stuff for you. Best thing to look at is project disclosure- some high up ex military explaining the black projects they worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->