Debt Payers and Savers group?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Is there one on here?

Is anyone interested in joining me?

This past 12 months has been hard financially and I am now lucky enough to be able to start thinking about actually saving some money as my debts are now small enough that they'll be gone in a matter of months :happydance:

I have a savings target in my signature, but I was wondering what other people are doing and if there was anyone who is doing the same thing/s? I'm trying hard to live frugally, not spend unless necessary, and following all the 'money saving expert' lifestyle tips in order for us to live well on our small income.

Eventually we want to buy a house, which would be quite a turnaround from where we are now, but I'm so determined to do it. You have to start somewhere right?!

What a great idea!!!! Perhaps start a group on here

I'm hoping (praying) that we'll be debt free by the end of this year... Just hoping nothing unexpected happens and something breaks would be just our luck (touch wood this doesn't happen

The sealed tin idea is brilliant my aunt does this she's quite elderly and lives on her own more than quite comfortably bless her but she saves so hard! She has a tin for £1, £2 and the 50ps.

She opened the £1 coin one up on New Year's Eve and phoned me yesterday bless her to say she had saved over £1000 in it!!!! Go her!

We have a few small debts nothing major but I'm useless with money I really am it burns a whole in my pocket/ account as soon as I get any :( really wish I could be better! Before belle was born me and Tom went on holiday and saved over £1500 in spending money it felt so good watching it all add up that we didn't want to spend it lol... Wish I could do the same now

Debt we have to pay by the end of the year are:

- provident loan £170
- my very £55
- newlook card £100 (I only pay £3.50 a month and its a bit of a false economy as I'm only paying the interest)
- credit card £500

We also have our oven on another account as our one broke in moving so we had to get one ASAP... That's £30 a month. For now I'm happy to keep that going untill the old ones are cleared as we've had to set a payment plan up with that company to reduce monthly payment as you may have seen from my thread last week our electric is broken somewhere and somehow and is costing us £70 a week! Luckily it's being sorted now by the HA we rent from not holding our breathe though :(

Xx

Well done on just about clearing your debts...

We are awful with money. We often say that we've excelled as young parents in the sense we work, now married but the only thing we lacked was being financially responsible. We had Summer at 18... credit is available at 18 and now have debts of about £3000 if not more. We are clearing them though and hope to be debt free by June. You should definitely start a debt and savers group. Could really do with the encouragement and willpower.

I just spend money constantly. For the sake of it :(

I'm saving this year. Have one debt to pay off. Should take about a year.

I've given up my retail therapy, which was costing me a fortune! Miss it, but determined to get there. This was not helping me. I actually think I was a bit of a shopping addict, and it was a hard habit to break!

We can do it ladies! :)

We've lots of debts too.

2k in overdrafts
2k in credit cards
And oh has a loan for about 2k

However I'm not clearing that debt this year :( just gonna be paying minimum payments.
Im saving for holiday in june. So far have paid 300ish, got 400 for flight and 450 for rest of accommodation then spending money. Have 950 saved up so far and plan to save £200-250 a month to hopefully give me about 1400 by end of June! Also on maternity leave which doesn't help lol so im gonna try and focus on saving in jan-April as much as I can before my money goes down.

Start a group I like this IDE I have a pot of dreams I don't spend £5 notes £2 coins and 50ps they all go in the pot of dreams I'm also starting a savings for my kids this year I'm going to put £1 in a day and then wack it in there savings end of the year x

What a great idea! DH and I racked up $13,000 in credit card debt and medical bills in 2013. We entered a debt reduction program so we now owe $6,000 which makes it much more manageable. I'd like to be debt free by the end of the year, I see no reason as to why I can't. I've never had debt before and I had a perfect credit score and I'd like to be that way once again!

I would join a group. I have some huge debts that I'd like to start shifting when I'm back to work after mat leave, in March.

Group is here if anyone is interested:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/general/2095755-debt-payers-savers-support-group.html#post31107521

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->