December 2008 Mummies

Tyff

Happy 1 month Birthday Claire..:hugs:

My lil one just stared to fit newborn 1 week ago...She is 10 1/2pds...22 inches..Different brands different sizes...certain clothes she can wear a 3 month...depends:)

callums the same with clothes hes in tiny baby stuff but his babygrows are just getting tight in the length but he has tons of room width ways, but newborn is miles too big on him.
i got him some newborn babygrows from mothercare cus i LOOOVE the built in scratch mits lol and you could turn the legs up on them and prob fit 2 babys in width ways, but the next size down are way too snug, i have found tescos tiny baby is an inbetween everywhere elses tiny and newborn sizes.

hi everyone, i hope that your al well,

ME, OH and Annabelle are doing really well, we are having more good nights than bad we had maybe 3 bad nights since she has been born and to be honest they not all that bad.

Annabelle is in up to a month baby grows from next which say 10lb but she was 10lb 1oz 2 weeks ago. she is growing out of the clothes in up to a month though cos she is quite long.

we have got her 6 week check on wednesday!!! and another weigh in.

i had my 6 week check, eveything was very professional, he said how are you getting on i said great thanks, he said what contraception are you using i said none at the moment so can i go on the pill, he gave me the pill and that was the end of the appointment LOL

Lou
xxx

Glad all babies are doing good. Its going so fast aint it. :o

Nessa yeah I've noticed that too. She still fits in Newborn t-shirts and pants but not babygros? Baffles me lol.

x

omg been so stressed today, callums really good on a night feeds between 9-11 then doesnt wake up till 4ish then 8ish but today from 2am hes fed every hour and been really unseatled sleeping for around 5-20 mins at a time until about an hour ago, ive finally got him to sleep, im hoping hes not got that bug again. i need sleep!!!

Hope Callum isnt poorly Claralouise.

Im with you all on the size thing, soooo confusing!! I brought some up to 1 month sleepsuits from Next today and they are huuuuuuge!! I find that Asda first size and Mothercare first size fit her best right now in sleepsuits, im dying to get her in a dress and a pair of tights, i tried this morning but the tights didnt fit around the feet :(

hi ladies!!!

sounds like your all doing well, i still cant believe we are mummys!!!

all is great with me and Freddie, he is so chilled and i finally feel back to normal and loving b-feeding at last now the pain has gone!

he is gaining weight fast! he weighed 9lb 12.5oz on friday at 18 days old, he was 8lb 7oz at birth and went down to 7lb 9oz so is turning into a little chubster!!!

i have bought hardly any clothes as sooooo many people bought him stuff! hes in 0-3 months and some of them are getting snugg so will have a little spree soon!

how are you all sleeping? last 2 nights he has slept midnight through to 6am! only prob is he makes alot of noise in his sleep, he sounds like a little piglet and that keeps me awake! if we go another week or so of good nights sleep i think i will try him in his cot in his room then i might sleep too!! his daddy manages to sleep through the noise - men!:rofl:

anyhoo will try get on here more now and keep up with the goss!

take care ya'll xxxxx:hug:

Holly - Happy 1 Month birthday to Brooke :) It'll always be easy for me to remember her birthday, as it's the day before Claire's. LOL!

I actually am feeling rested. :shock: OH took the night feedings last night and I actually got 8 hours of sleep. Normally I don't like to depend on him to do those things because it's too easy to get used to it and obviously he can't do it during the week. It was greatly appreciated though!

I find that there's a huge difference even between the same brand names but being bought in different countries. My best friend's mother lives down in The States, and she brought up sleepers made by Carter's. The 0-3month are large on Claire, but not too bad. The ones she brought are 0-3months as well... but they're huge! Seriously, they're the size of some of Claire's 9 month stuff.

Crazyness.

Glad to hear from you Brockie and im glad Freddie is doing so well!!

Cant believe the difference in age between our LO's considering we were DD buddies lol

Hey Everyone!
Just checking in to say that I'm still alive. :)
Am slowly adjusting to parenthood. I'm feeling really frustrated by Simon's feeding pattern lately. I literally cannot put him down except to pump milk so that my husband can take over for night feedings. I have him passed out on my lap on his nursing pillow right now... finally sleeping. He's in a little milk coma! I'm glad he has a healthy appetite, but what happened to that nice tidy textbook "feeding every three hours"? Why does my baby need to feed all the time?
Sigh.
I never thought I would find breastfeeding boring, but in all honesty, that's how it feels right now. I cannot get a freaking thing done. I just sit here like a bloody dairy cow.
My husband is totally supportive and has turned out to be superdad, so I really have nothing to complain about. It's just the hormones and that sort of trapped, helpless feeling when I am on my own.
I have a to-do list a mile long, and I just can't seem to get anything done.
Moo?

Glad to hear from you Brockie and im glad Freddie is doing so well!!

Cant believe the difference in age between our LO's considering we were DD buddies lol

Holly I know!! i still cant believe yours came first! hope all is well with you both x

i have GOT to clean the house today, its a tip what with baby clothes and toys and all our usual clutter too!

have any of you gals been to TK MAXX for baby stuff? they have some awsome Diesel baby stuff in our local one which is so cool! and a quarter of price too! i mean i will splash out on Diesel jeans for mummy but not at full price for my little chubster, they will probably only last a week!

have a great day ladies xxxx

May is one month old today!!
Cant believe how fast it has gone, my maternity leave is gonna fly by!
She is doing really well, sleeping well especially her mammoth sleeps in the morning...I sometimes think she's not gonna come round!!

Hope all Dec mummies are enjoying motherhood....I am loving how alert May is now when she's awake and she's starting to do half smiles and little facial expressions too.....its so lovely xx

Claire is 1 month old today too! Happy 1-month to May, Vanessa!

Claire's doing well too, had a bit of a fussy night last night... nothing we did seemed to be doing the trick. Although it's all good I suppose. I have 'off' days myself, can't imagine why she wouldn't as well!

Crappy weather out here again. Normally I love the winter but I feel so isolated. Bring on the spring!

*bump*

:wohoo: How's all the December Mums doing?

Happy one month to claire and may

Aidans little personality is coming out now. He smiles at every one and is always talking away in his own little langauge. Now if i have my back to him doing something he does a little scream like a girl lol ha ha then waits a fews secs for me to turn round and keeps doing it like that until i start playing with him lol. And when he gets excited his grins and his arms and legs go mad. His dad came home the other day and went up to him to say hello and he was going crazy, arms and legs going every where and smilimg like no bodies buisness
xx

Hi all! Sorry I've been a bit absent, any spare time has mostly been spent embroidering my parents' Christmas present. We're doing ok. Nights have become pretty awful. Byron's no longer sleeping 7 hours in a go and has taken to feeding every 2 or 3 hours. Annoying! His latch is improving again, slowly but surely.

We had our 8 week check. Was asked about contraception, said I have a new baby! :rofl: Anyone else back to business yet? We had a play when my bleeding broke for a week at 4 weeks but I felt pretty uncomfortable the day after even though nothing was penetrative. The episiotomy has certainly taken it's toll. I've only just stopped bleeding again but now we're too tired to think and usually have Byron in bed so we can get some sleep at night. I still don't feel 100% and so feel a bit anxious should we get opportunity to do anything!

Byron was all good in his 8 week check. He's now 11lb9, that 1lb12 in 2 weeks! :shock: He was very well behaved while we out, quite opposite to his current default whinge! lol

He smiles loads now and is starting to laugh. Makes his own sounds too and sometimes appears to copy thing like sticking our tongue out.

He's finally out of newborn now but I don't think he'll be in 0-3 for long!#

Hope you're all doing well.

Hi Mums!
Am still alive!
So is my baby!
I guess that means we're doing brilliantly! :)
I'm having a much better week now that I have just accepted that very little of MY list is going to get done any time soon, and that everything on Simon's list most certainly will be getting done right away, thank you very much, Mum!
So, a dirty house, unanswered emails, no birth story, no birth announcements and thank yous sent out - all that stuff just has to take a back seat. I just need to let it go.
I'm guessing that many of you have already figured this out as this thread is pretty quiet. Not like the eight pages of discussing what we were all going to eat every day when we were all in the waiting stages of our mat leaves! :)
PB, as far as I'm concerned, sleep is the new sex. I'm taking a full six weeks to let everything heal and close properly and I will resume sex sometime after I've had my 6-week post-partum check-up.
I got a kidney infection the week after Simon was born, so I am not taking any chances with anything down there.
New babies are hard enough without being sick on top of it all.

hi all december mummies

well it really is quiet around here nowadays but glad everyone is finding there way as being a mummy.

PB glad Byron is doing so well with his weight Annabelle was 11lb4oz last week at her weigh in.

im still struggling to get things done in the days some days if the morning pans out well i can get up sterilize bottles, wash breakfast things up dust and hoover my front room adn put a wash on other days its lucky if i even get out of my pjs.

we trying Annabelle in her cot tonight she has been in a moses basket with us until now but she seems to be screaming whenever she goes in it i think she is too big for it in length so going to try the cot i will keep you all posted on how we get on.
as for sex i did it 2 times a couple of weeks ago and it didnt burt whilst doing it but did after and the next day!!!:cry:
i havent done it since, i had my 6 week check and am now on the pill for the first time in my life but i not sure if its the pill or not but i been having really bad migraines which i havent had so many of since early pregnancy but before that when i was a teenager!!

:hug:to everyone and your babies

Lou
xxx

Hello everyone

Glad to see you all here still , hope you and your lo are doing ok ,

Logan and i are getting on ok apart from the colic, the crying is so hard to deal with ! when he was weighed last week he was 7lb 5oz so hes putting on about 4-5oz a week!

he has been having more and more formula as my milk has slowed down almost to nothing , ive tried fenugreek and expressing more but nothing has worked ,its really hard to get my head around that i might not be able to give him my milk for much longer :cry:

aww mom&peanut im sorry about your milk hun it must be so upsetting.

how did the cot go lolly?

my lil man will only sleep in his moses basket the first half of the night its a battle to get him bk into it so we tend to co sleep for the rest of the night.
well hes a little chubs n gaining around 1-2 oz a day hes a guzzler.
he still hates his car seat but were slowely getting there with it. and our school time routine is getting mastered. altho ive taken to carrying his car seat as getting the pram in and out of the car takes forever its far quicker for me to just carry it.

hope everyones doing ok

Lou xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"