December 2012 buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bmom, have they checked your downstairs lately? Any progress?

Lolo, I'm glad you're feeling better. Take it easy though.

I just found out that my room-mate at work possibly has Microsporum canis above her upper lip. She's had it before and she's in constant contact with outside cats. Jeez... This fungus is highly contagious and drugs for it are something you really don't want to be on in pregnancy. What should I do? Nothing I can do, really. I can't stay at home because of it. I can only avoid contact with her as much as possible. Which is hard as we're in the same office!

It's a highly contagious zoonosis. You get it from dogs or cats or person to person. It's just fungus, not dangerous. But as a zoonosis it's under strict control. Treatment can last several months with antimycotics - definitely not recommended in pregnancy. It's seen as red spots on your skin, itchy or not or bald spots in your hair (if it's located there). Animals can be treated too but stray cats are usually euthanized. You can detect the fungus under UV light.

Have you spoken to your doctor about this? If it ishighly contagious, that co-worker should stay home until it is gone....

Dogs too? Would the dog have a bald spot? I freak out over these things and am wondering now if that is why my dog lost a lot of hair from her lower back. Now I am itchy.

Lolo, so glad you're feeling better and all turned out OK. I'm sure their freak out didn't help you stay calm!!!!! It's weird when I 'talk' / message you thinking about the woman in the reveal video. I know it's you but, well, in my mind, the you right now isn't the Lolo from the reveal. I don't really know who she is? Am I mad?????

Katy that;s horrid. Just the kind of thing I'd worry and obsess over. Since getting pregnant I'm funny about touching MIL's dog. And he's perfectly healthy and up to date on everything. :headspin:
If it were me I'd keep some sanitizing hand gel everywhere, and STOP TOUCHING MY FACE completely and probably I'd not want to eat wherever Germy McFungus is. I agree she should be kept home but I'm sure she's not so considerate. It would turn me into an obsessive compulsive about washing my hands. Don't happen to have any hazardous waste / science suits lying around do you?

Morning everyone! *rasp hiss* How was your weekend? *rasp hiss*

https://www.roanestate.edu/webfolders/WHALEYCL/Environmental%20Health/suit.jpg

Sorry about the topic. Dogs and cats get bald spots (some are asymptomatic though). But don't worry. I'm sure your dog is fine.
No, you don't get sick leave if you have this. It's really not dangerous. You just have to take care to cover up the area of the spot. So neither she nor I will get to stay at home. And besides, I don't plan on kissing her anytime so I'm pretty sure I won't get it from her :winkwink:.

Yeah, I see. Thanks for posting again, I missed your previous post.
I'll be more careful of course but that's all I can do... Can't avoid contact completely.

Is it like a ring worm? My students used to get ringworm.... Gross.

So, i havent yet found a fabric store, but i did go to a sporting goods store here called decathlon where I bought this very thin, but super absorbant microfiber 'towel'. I had bought one a year ago for myself for the gym and it is fabulous! I use it now as O's second bath towel after I dry her off with the first towel, to keep her covered, warm, ecc.
Anyway, i bought one today to make bandana bibs out of it as it really is super super super absorbant. We'll see how it goes. It is pretty big so i have to figure out how to cut it up in order to get the most out of it!

:)

Katy - Hope you don't get, but it's good to hear that it's not harmful!

Bmom - That's so nice of hubby to offer to do a do-over! You're so close now!

Lolo - Glad you're feeling better!

Ever resourceful Trina. I don't know about you but I find shopping in Italy the most frustrating thing ever. Time and time again I go looking for what I want, ready to spend my money locally, boosting local economy and whatnot but for me the choice is non existent or severely limited and the item that I didn't really want but close to what I'm looking for comes with a horrendous price tag!

I do most of my shopping online from the UK and even with postage it's still cheaper and I can get exactly what I want!!!!

baby bouncer chair on amazon.it €69.99 and it's ugly and doesn't even have a vibrate setting.

this is the one I just ordered from amazon.uk £23.99 and is so cute and vibrates and is awsome!

No brainer.

Coco - I do like the canopy on the green one, but the rest of it is strange. Lots of stuff on it.

Did I mention that I did buy a babycook? I got his one:

https://www.amazon.com/Beaba-Babyco...=UTF8&qid=1353694847&sr=8-1&keywords=babycook

I bought it for second hand, half off and it came with an extra steaming basket and blade. So far, I love it, it does a wonderful job. I've just been chopping up a sweet potato and throwing it in there every other day so Quinn's food is always super fresh!

Looks awesome.
I'm fully planning on making all of G's food too when the time comes and you and Trina have pretty much convinced me this is a must have item on the making baby food list.

I've never really entertained the idea of using store bought baby food in the tiny jars.

My mum cloth diapered me and made all my baby food. I wonder if there's anything to that. Like mother like daughter. I think she's chuffed I'm going the fluff bum route :smug: I'm very glad of her support. It's a rare thing here in Sardinia. Hoping to start a cloth bum movement single handedly with the help of my gorgeous G as baby model!

The homemade baby food is really delicious, minus the pureed chicken cutlets which i now mix with the veggies so O eats them. Yay Artsie! It is so easy and it works so well. I make a batch that lasts at least 3-4 days, that i separate into mini containers. I am proud of myself regarding the baby food and also that i actually love BFing and am thankful that it worked out for olivia and myself.

I must search high and low for sweet potatoes. Someone said they've seen them. I know O will love them.

Coco, you are right. Shopping/prices here are just horrible. I keep forgetting about amazon.uk. I will get sme xmas gifts from there. Thanks for the reminder.

We use jars and packets of food... all organic. But right when G started on solids we had to pack up everything in the house that wasn't absolutely essential, so all the supplies we could use for baby food got packed before we thought about it.

Ah well, she seems pretty okay with it!

Most of the mamas in my pregnancy group do baby-led weaning, and their babies are all eating normal people food! It wouldn't work for us... thanks to G's allergies, I don't even get to eat normal people food. :haha:

Sorry about the fungus, Katy. I'd get some hand sanitizer and ask her to use it a lot. Plus a disinfectant spray to spray on the doorknob and other surfaces every day.

Gotta go, we're trying to go to a movie tonight. My little sister is babysitting and trying to get G to go to sleep... not sure if it's working. She's been a bear about sleep lately!

Bmom, have they checked your downstairs lately? Any progress?

I haven't been checked yet. They offered to check on Monday but I had my non stress first so was full dressed when the midwife came in and felt like it would have been an awkward transition to send her out and then back in again --I'm sure they will this week. Next appointment is set for Monday morning and they said last week they wont let me go over due--which would be just 5 days from now...

City I commend you for your crazy diet!! My SIL has a freezer full of pumped breast milk she is just going to dump, but she wasn't willing to change her diet to eliminate "irritants" for her baby girl. My niece is now on some Prescription formula that is covered by WIC so she doesn't have to pay for it, but without that help I think she said its like $45 a container--yikes!

Lolo, so glad you're feeling better and all turned out OK. I'm sure their freak out didn't help you stay calm!!!!! It's weird when I 'talk' / message you thinking about the woman in the reveal video. I know it's you but, well, in my mind, the you right now isn't the Lolo from the reveal. I don't really know who she is? Am I mad?????

Katy that;s horrid. Just the kind of thing I'd worry and obsess over. Since getting pregnant I'm funny about touching MIL's dog. And he's perfectly healthy and up to date on everything. :headspin:
If it were me I'd keep some sanitizing hand gel everywhere, and STOP TOUCHING MY FACE completely and probably I'd not want to eat wherever Germy McFungus is. I agree she should be kept home but I'm sure she's not so considerate. It would turn me into an obsessive compulsive about washing my hands. Don't happen to have any hazardous waste / science suits lying around do you?

Morning everyone! *rasp hiss* How was your weekend? *rasp hiss*

https://www.roanestate.edu/webfolders/WHALEYCL/Environmental%20Health/suit.jpg

Haha she's me ;) maybe you had a diff version of Lolo in your imagination that didn't jive with the Lolo on film :)

Even after the 5 lbs I lost the last few days, I think my belly doubled in size... I'm in trouble if it continues to grow at this rate!

Can't wait Bmom!

BMom, you're on my birth watch with Jaz now. Do you think L will be coming sooner or later????
Exciting!! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has whizzed by for you!

I must search high and low for sweet potatoes. Someone said they've seen them. I know O will love them.

Coco, you are right. Shopping/prices here are just horrible. I keep forgetting about amazon.uk. I will get sme xmas gifts from there. Thanks for the reminder.
For the first time ever I saw some in Conad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"