December 2012 buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked you two are having trouble finding sweet potatoes! They are everywhere over here. I don't think I've not seen them. Yams are sweet potatoes, too, though I think sometimes they are slightly different(darker maybe), but the same thing pretty much.

Yams are what slaves called the softer sweet potatoes at harvest, because they resembled they're yams in Africa. If you buy yams in the US, chances are they are really sweet potatoes unless you specifically seek out yams at an international market.

BMom, you're on my birth watch with Jaz now. Do you think L will be coming sooner or later????
Exciting!! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has whizzed by for you!

I must search high and low for sweet potatoes. Someone said they've seen them. I know O will love them.

Coco, you are right. Shopping/prices here are just horrible. I keep forgetting about amazon.uk. I will get sme xmas gifts from there. Thanks for the reminder.
For the first time ever I saw some in Conad!!

my fingers are crossed for sooner--but Wednesday will most likely be induction day--not so great for DH as that's right smack in the work week and he doesn't get any paid vacation time with work, but I'm not going to postpone just because he wants it to be during the weekend--I wanted it to have been 2 weeks ago LOL

I've never tasted or even seen sweet potatoes or yams in my life!

American girls - how was Thanksgiving and Black Friday for you?

Holding my breath b(and L)mom.

My OH and I had a lovely trip today. We went to the coast, had some fish (very very good) and a nice walk along the coast line. Just what we needed.

NEVER HAD A SWEET POTATO or Yam??? Very yummy--they have a darker color--more yellow or orange. My mom always does sweet potatoes with brown sugar and marshmallows for Thanksgiving and Christmas side dishes. DH's mom goes with more of a savory variety with a layered potato dish that has a layer of white potatoes and Parmesan and cream cheese and then sweet potatoes as the next layer with cheddar cheese---mmmmm not every day menu items as I'm sure they are both high in calories but both are YUMMY!! And I'm pretty sure Blake had so many yams when he was a babe his little button nose took on an orangish hue LOL

So excited for you, Bmom! Just think, soon you'll be holding your new little guy!

I found some yesterday at an outdoor market! But seriously, they look nothing like our american variety. I almost didnt believe the guy. When i asked him what color they are on theninside, he said yellow. We'll see!

Katy, they are sweet and delicious and full of vitamins!

My sis makes that dish with the marshmallows! So yummy. I love it when the marshmallows get a little crispy.

Woohoo Bmom. I am still counting on monday. :). Let us know as soon as you head for the hospital, if you go into labor naturally!!

Well, they probably have them somewhere but I haven't noticed them yet. Not used in Slovenian cousine at all.

Katy - We had a lovely Thanksgiving at home, just the three of us. It was nice not to travel! We make it a point to not shop on black friday.

Bmom - Can't wait till we get a picture of your little one! Fingers crossed you go into labor on your own.

Sadie - Happy Birthday!

I'm actually not a huge fan of sweet potatoes, myself. I don't mind them when there isn't sugar added to them. I don't really have a big sweet tooth.

Pulled out my nice camera to get a few pictures of Quinn to make some christmas ornaments for presents this year!

Attachments

• IMG_4626text.jpg
    IMG_4626text.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
Bmom - hope baby L comes soon! pictures please!

sadie - Happy birthday

artsie - That is an adorable picture! love his smile there :)

I'm going to miss the Birthday deadline : ( Start my induction tonight @ 7:30pm--hopefully little man will be here tomorrow!!

Am I still in time to wish you good luck bmom?
GOOD LUCK!

Hope you're having a nice, smooth birth! No matter what it will all be worthwhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"