December 2012 buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
EEeeeeeeek Bmom, you're doing it. Lukas is nearly here!!! Good luck sweetcheeks!!!! I can't believe how fast this has come around!!!!!
Sending you easy labour vibes. xxxxxxx

Oh what great news!!! I cant wait!

(Ugh. Have any of you ever had to tell your dh/oh that you just dont like your bday gift? He spent a lot of money and i really really dont like it and telling him is making me sick to my stomach. I feel bad saying something....).

Ok, back to what REALLY matters!!.......

Go Tina Go!!!

Sadie, is it worth just sucking it up and keeping it? Men are so fragile about stuff like that!

Yay Bmom! I called Tuesday the 27th didn't I?? Woohoo! Can't wait to see him :)

Sadie, I feel for you. Dh is horrible at buying me gifts. What did he get you??

He bought me a nice watch, but it is very masculine and not my style at all. What bothers me is that we discussed the purchased a cpl of weeks ago, i told him what i absolutely didnt like and what I did like. He actually got me the one I didnt like. I dont get it.
My mom convinced me to say something to him and I did. He was hurt, but it really is something I wont wear. He is also concerned that the store wont let me exchange it as it isnt normal for stores to exchange items. However, i think in this case they will.

Since my bday is so close to xmas, this was a combo gift... I'm sorry, but it is ugly. This is one from years ago, but the watch hasnt changed for the most part. Tiny details.

https://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=247363&rid=0

Sadie - Glad to hear you told him, it's understandable he's hurt, but I think being honest with each other about what you want/like only makes you two stronger together.

Did he possibly hear you wrong and thought you said you liked that watch? I agree, I think it's very masculine and I wouldn't wear it. I would consider a style like that for my husband, though.

Yeah, the watch is too masculine. Expensive, huh?
I could not have kept quiet either.

bmom is surely holding baby Lukas in her arms by now :cloud9:.

Aw yes def a man's watch. Rolex isn't cheap, you we're smart to speak up rather than shove it in the back of a drawer! I had to have a similar convo with my ex when he bought me a diamond heart shaped pendant. I'm sooo not a heart shaped pendant kind of girl. He was hurt, but in the end I got something I would actually wear.

Thanks for the support. Supposed to rain here tmrw, so i might not make it to the store, but perhaps the sooner, the better.

He can be a bad listener sometimes, but is overall an amazing man.

PS. I am a diamond heart wearing kind of gal! I have two from my ex DH, one of which I wear all the time. :)

I'm more of a solitaire pendant kind of gal ;)

In his defense, I think men just aren't built for retaining info like things we like or prefer without it being drilled into them. My best friend has to email her husband pictures and links to things she wants, lol. Too funny.

Yes! Hope Bmom is cuddling her baby right now.

Sadie, good call! That's too pricy a gift to stow away. It's a nice looking watching, but yes, very masculine!

My engagement ring had a small solitaire in a raised 6-prong setting. It was very pretty but I kept scratching my face with it. So I hardly ever wore it. For our tenth anniversary, we got the diamond re-set in a new ring and got a garnet bezel set into the old setting. He was really eager for me to be able to wear the new ring.

He must have been thinking about it for ten years, poor guy!

Yikes, that's a fugly watch right there. It's one thing just sucking it up but we all have limits. I'm sorry to say that looks like my old granddad's watch. you absolutely HAD TO say something or that's major money down the drain right there. You must show us what you exchange it for. I'm sure they'll exchange.

DH chose my engagement ring all by himself. It's not what I would have chosen for myself but it's still pretty and I love it forever because he went to all that trouble to squirrel away the money for it without me noticing, choose it, buy it and pluck up the guts to ask me to marry him with it :cloud9: If it had had a fugly rating like that watch though we might have had to have a chat about it!

Trina, It's been raining here solidly since last night at 10pm. Bleugh. Should be making it's way over to you soon x Enjoy with love from Sardinia x

and coco, i recall you had a very endearing proposal!

City, that sounds nice, and a perfect anniversary gift, too!

Lolo, solitaires are great too! I love jewelry. Poor dh isnt very good at picking things out tho.

Ah yes. The rain. Crap day here. Thanks for sending it over Coco.
I will attempt to go to the store at about 2:30 when the rain will be 'lighter'.

Here is a before and after pic of the sweet potato I found here. The shape is the same as well as the inside texture. It's on the hard side as is an american sweet potato. The color is just off. The guy told me yello, but it looks white to me. Whatev.

I think 'patata' is code word for vagina here in Italy, amongst other little nicknames.

So we all have a little potato.

When my friend found out she was having a girl last year she sent me a message saying
"C'è una patatina!" "There's a little potato" :rofl:

Boys have an uccellino, a little bird! :haha:

Hope Bmom is just too busy loving her little man to update us, and that everything is ok.

Afm, I'm a little freaked out cuz I just don't feel right. I think I'm having occasional contractions?? I can't tell. If so I guess they would be BH but I didn't feel these with my first so its a little concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"