December 2017 Testers: Hopeful for Christmas and Year-end BFPs

Momof_2 do try charting if you can!! Get a basal body thermometer. It's really helpful to see when you ovulate and you can show your charts to your dr if you ever need to. I had 3 charts after my mc that my dr said clearly showed I was having anovulatory cycles. Which was helpful to know we couldn't have gotten pregnant even if we tried and weren't just missing the egg each time. GL this month I hope you get your dec bfp!!

If AF comes this months (currently 5 days late) then I'm hoping to test on the 15th (AF due 2-7)

AF arrived today.Please put be down for early testing on December 2nd. Will probably o on of right after Thanksgiving.

Will definitely get one Reiko_ctu

Is it worth getting it now and starting before AF shows up or waiting to use it until after?

Guys my ND doesn't want me to temp or opk this month. I'm supposed to relax. lol I'm going to be stressed about not stressing. But I'm going to do as she suggests.

I'm also starting acupuncture next week. 1xper week. Any success stories out there?

Speaking of fertility friend... They also have a free charting course, its pretty informative and helped me ALOT in my first month of charting... (and checking cm and using opk). I still look back at it sometimes when my charts do strange things (like this month... - no crosshairs yet and lowish temps, but cm and opk both seems to say i o'd 4 days ago...).

Guys my ND doesn't want me to temp or opk this month. I'm supposed to relax. lol I'm going to be stressed about not stressing. But I'm going to do as she suggests.

I'm also starting acupuncture next week. 1xper week. Any success stories out there?

One of my friends had like 4 miscarriages in a row and started acupuncture and got her rainbow :) Also there's lots of success stories about people taking a break from trying with charting etc and getting their BFP :) GL

Will definitely get one Reiko_ctu

Is it worth getting it now and starting before AF shows up or waiting to use it until after?

I always temped my whole cycle. Some people only find it useful from the end of AF till a few days after Ovulation when Fertility Friend confirms ovulation. If you aren't getting pregnant and want to show your Dr your charts they'd probably appreciate the whole months worth of temp. But considering you don't really know when your AF will show, it's hard to know if to start. One thing that can be kind of helpful is sometimes before AF shows up your temp nosedives then you can know it'll start that day or night and be prepared :) but sometimes it doesn't dive until right after AF starts too. If you're wanting to get started it wouldn't hurt though!!

Speaking of fertility friend... They also have a free charting course, its pretty informative and helped me ALOT in my first month of charting... (and checking cm and using opk). I still look back at it sometimes when my charts do strange things (like this month... - no crosshairs yet and lowish temps, but cm and opk both seems to say i o'd 4 days ago...).

I wonder if you O'd early Monday morning? And maybe tomorrow's temp will confirm?

I wonder if you O'd early Monday morning? And maybe tomorrow's temp will confirm?

Thanks for looking, yes, im pretty sure o was sunday or Monday. If i add a high temp to tmw, then the crosshairs appear. Strange that is rising so slowly. But at this point I don't mind. Its even exciting that the chart looks different from all my months of bfn's... Just patiently waiting it out :haha:

Dream I’ve been doing acupuncture since my mc this summer (to help my hormones heal and body regulate, and then to help me conceive) and well... here I am! I obviously can’t say it’s because of acupuncture but it was something I did every other week since August.

Hey ladies! Can I join? I'll test if my period doesn't show up. I'm on CD 3 and fairly regular; AF expected dec 4/5/6 but I usually get it 2 weeks after ovulation pain so will know more later.

Added new ladies on the list... :) Sorry if still no bfp despite being late or for AF. FX this is our cycle. Hopefully i didn't miss anyone. :dust:

Blo - :wohoo: i see you get your CH now..... Plenty of slow riser end up being pregnant. FX for you.

Mumof_2 - you can start even before you get your AF, you may be at your LP now and may see a high temps (not falling) pattern which MAY indicate you are pregnant. If not and AF comes at least you won't miss the start of AF.

AFM - currently at CD6 still far from O... My fertilaid orders should be here in a few hours as it's with the courier now as per last update. Hopefully it'll do its magic again... Below is our plan for this cycle: It sounds like work but that's how it is.

(CD13) 7 days more - start using saliva scope
(CD16) 10 days more - start using OPK until CD24
(CD19) 13 days more - start DTD until maybe CD23, still depending on my OPKs, really hoping I O around these CDs.

Edit: I just received my magic pills.... Now please shower me with some baby :dust: :happydance:

Hi ladies, no update for me, but just to avoid confusion I've had to go back to using my old account (that I forgot I had before making a new one!) as my mumof_2 account has been deactivated and admin won't reactivate :dohh:

mdscpa - is there a "normal" temp, like an average? Because obviously I haven't been taking temps so won't know if its elevated if that makes sense? :haha:
Feel like I'm going around in circles as hubby has said he is also getting impatient and thinks we may as well just carry on not preventing this month and if it happens it happens, if not we can actively ttc after AF :dohh: Life can never be as simple as dtd, get pregnant, sticky bean first time can it! :wacko:

Hi ladies, no update for me, but just to avoid confusion I've had to go back to using my old account (that I forgot I had before making a new one!) as my mumof_2 account has been deactivated and admin won't reactivate :dohh:

mdscpa - is there a "normal" temp, like an average? Because obviously I haven't been taking temps so won't know if its elevated if that makes sense? :haha:
Feel like I'm going around in circles as hubby has said he is also getting impatient and thinks we may as well just carry on not preventing this month and if it happens it happens, if not we can actively ttc after AF :dohh: Life can never be as simple as dtd, get pregnant, sticky bean first time can it! :wacko:

Changed the username in the list. Actually it differs from each person... but usually pre-ovulation ranges from 96 to 97-ish temps and will jump to 97 to 98-ish temps post O. You may start taking them after AF arrive since temping is used to detect O and you're maybe in the TWW.... Who knows maybe you are already pregnant and there's no point starting temping now. FX.

If you do start temping now, what we wanna see is the pattern.... It will make a falling pattern or nosedive once AF is about to show.

Thanks mdscpa. Have to try to go back through all the threads I'd started commenting on to pick up where I left off :dohh:

Ahhh... will see how it goes whether AF shows up by the end of November (that'll be 6 weeks post mc) and if it doesn't show I'll test, and if negative I guess I'll start temping.

Keep us posted... :) i hope you get :bfp: soon... :hugs: if you have any questions just let us know and all the ladies here will try to help.

Hiya, I've just popped back on to BNB for the first time in ages as we're about to start TTC #3.

I'll probably be testing at the very end of Dec / start Jan according to my tracker.

Babydust to everyone! :)

FX'd you don't have to wait too long for your bfp poppiebug

:dust:

FX for you poppiebug. :dust: going to put you on to be determined then.

Mrsmummy2 - got the following from FF explaining the hormones that affects the temps.

"Info Tidbit

What is the role of progesterone?

After ovulation, the corpus luteum (the remains of the follicle that released an ovum at ovulation) produces the heat-inducing hormone, progesterone.

The principal reproductive function of progesterone in the luteal phase is to cause changes that prepare the lining of the uterus for the implantation of a fertilized ovum.

Progesterone also causes the resting body temperature to rise after ovulation. Because progesterone is only secreted in high levels after ovulation, it is possible to identify ovulation for the day BEFORE the temperature rises when temperatures are plotted on a graph.

To illustrate, see the image below. The blue dots represent daily temperature readings. Ovulation is identified by the vertical red line. The horizontal red line is a "coverline" to help to visualize the biphasic pattern.

Low temperatures are observed before ovulation and higher temperatures are recorded after ovulation.

Your BBT, or basal body temperature, is your body temperature at rest as measured in the morning after at least three hours of sleep, before you get up, with a special BBT thermometer that you can buy at your drugstore.

Before ovulation, during your follicular phase, basal temperatures are relatively low. After ovulation, your basal body temperature rises sufficiently that you can see the difference between your pre-ovulation and post-ovulation temperatures when they are plotted on a graph.

A fertility chart that shows ovulation detected by BBT will have a BIPHASIC pattern. This means that it will show lower temperatures before ovulation, a rise (thermal shift), and then higher temperatures after ovulation. Ovulation usually occurs on the last day of lower temperatures. Your BBT corresponds to the heat-inducing hormone progesterone. This is the only sign that that you can observe on your own that can confirm that ovulation actually happened. All the other signs only tell you that ovulation may be approaching.

Your temperature sign is the sign that will best help you to precisely pinpoint the day that ovulation occurred. This is because progesterone, and hence your temperature, increase quite dramatically just after ovulation has taken place."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->