December 2017 Testers: Hopeful for Christmas and Year-end BFPs

Ok - so took my temp.. 6.15am.. 35.90 Celsius (96.62 Fahrenheit) is that low? Normal? Or will i not get a good idea for a few days?

Is low good? Is that pre-o or post o? :haha: :dohh:

Judging by the temp alone, I'd say it's pre-O temps or temps when AF is coming. Still like you said, you'll get a good picture after a couple more temps.

Going by FF and MC being CD1 I'm on CD25 - 8 days from AF.. so probably AF temps as I would assume I wouldnt O this late.. but I guess after MC you cant really judge it! :dohh:

The ONLY bonus to AF showing her ugly head is knowing I'm starting a new cycle and will have some idea of what im doing :haha:

You may even be in the follicular phase and may catch the egg. No one really knows... Here's some tidbits about BBT Charting.

What is this BBT chart about ?

Follicular phase

Before a woman ovulates, the basal body temperatures range from around 97.0 to 97.5 degrees Fahrenheit (36.1 to 36.3 Celcius). This is due to the presence of estrogen, which keeps temps down. Temperatures will vary from person to person, but should stay below your coverline.
( Coverline shown on the sample chart as red __ __ __ dashed line )

Luteal phase

Once ovulation has occurred, the temps go up to a new, higher level, usually ranging from around 97.6 to 98.9 F ( 36.4 to 36.6 C ).The day after ovulation, the temp generally jumps up by at least 0.2 degrees F ( 0.11 degrees C ), and then continues to rise somewhat. This increase in temperature is caused by the progesterone released from the follicle after ovulation.

It will become apparent after a few days that it is in a new, higher range. The temps themselves will continue to rise and dip day by day, but will remain in the higher range. ( Above your coverline )

The actual temperatures are less important than noting a pattern showing two levels of temperatures. If there is no pregnancy, then your temperature will stay elevated for 10 - 16 days, until the corpus luteum regresses. At this time, progesterone levels drop dramatically and you get your period. Your temperature normally drops at this time as well, though it is not unusual to have erratic or high temperatures during your period.

If your Basal Body Temperature remains elevated for 18 days or more after ovulation, you should probably test for pregnancy.

https://www.baby2see.com/preconception/basal_body_temperature.html

• Be aware of factors other than ovulation that can increase BBT: emotional disturbance, stress, a cold or infection, jet lag, drinking alcohol the night before, using an electric blanket.
• Don’t pull all-nighters: You need to have at least three hours of uninterrupted sleep to get an accurate reading.

Thanks :) That was helpful! Will attach my chart to my sig now.

ok.. I think I've done it :haha:

Not that there's much to see at the moment!!

How often during your fertile period do you plan to BD? I can't decide on the cut off.

I'm just doing what I can without making myself crazy! I am a vegetarian but eat a lot of high protein dairy and cheese. I'm trying to skip breakfast in case that sways. I heard drinking coffee sways so I'm keeping on my coffee drinking lol.

Oh yeah I am staying on with my coffee drinking, I only have 2 cups a day average anyway and was dreading the thought of giving it up (read somewhere a bit ago about cutting it out).

As for BD, we'll start first time with 4 days from predicted Ov then stop, so that'd only be one day in my fertile period according to my calendar, with FR leading up to that. If we aren't successful we'll bring it to 3 days before Ov as the cut off.

The not so bad side of temping "for me" is that you're always anxious of tomorrow's temp. At least it'll keep your thoughts for something to look forward to.

Poppie and Starlight - i know you mentioned about swaying and I really have no clue about it til I found this. Just ignore it if you already saw it. :)

https://www.ingender.com/Gender-Swaying/gender-swaying.pdf

Poppie and Starlight - i know you mentioned about swaying and I really have no clue about it til I found this. Just ignore it if you already saw it. :)

https://www.ingender.com/Gender-Swaying/gender-swaying.pdf

Thanks mdscpa. There's so much info out there, forums, books etc and the information changes so much! This time around I've read up about the Shettles Method (basically about timing) and then you go to a forum where you read about how this is debunked and old news, but then there's people who followed it and were successful.

Obviously what will be, will be and I am trying to stay fairly relaxed about it all. Our main points of difference this time around will be timing, trying to DTD further out from Ov, a couple of supplements and that we're 3 years older. I'd love a little lady but a happy and healthy bub of either gender will be the best thing.

Hope it works out for you.... Having a little lady is want we also wanted this time. But due to our circumstances I don't think we can afford losing/minimizing our chances of conceiving. So we decided to just BD during my fertile window and see what happens. It even occurred to us to not find the gender until birth if ever i become pregnant. But we'll see if we can handle it that long. :haha: We just want to have a little brother/sister for our DS that's all we wanted. If ever we go for a 3rd, we decided to not do temping or take any supplements and just let it happen..

I'm getting anxious for go time! Only CD 6 here.

How long is your normal cycle? CD9 for me and O is still so far (if it occurs as expected). :coffee:

Will do that asap mdscpa :)

My bbt arrived today! So will start temping tomorrow .. still not entirely sure what I'm doing charting wise but we shall see. Feel like I'm back at school :haha:

:wohoo: for BBT!!!! :happydance: Don't you worry mrsmummy2, we have lots of teachers here, me included. :haha:

My cycle is usually 28-30 days. I think I usually ovulation CD15 based on o-pain and my period starting 2 weeks after the sharp o-pain. I've never charted though.

How often during your fertile period do you plan to BD? I can't decide on the cut off.

I'm just doing what I can without making myself crazy! I am a vegetarian but eat a lot of high protein dairy and cheese. I'm trying to skip breakfast in case that sways. I heard drinking coffee sways so I'm keeping on my coffee drinking lol.

Oh yeah I am staying on with my coffee drinking, I only have 2 cups a day average anyway and was dreading the thought of giving it up (read somewhere a bit ago about cutting it out).

As for BD, we'll start first time with 4 days from predicted Ov then stop, so that'd only be one day in my fertile period according to my calendar, with FR leading up to that. If we aren't successful we'll bring it to 3 days before Ov as the cut off.

Yeah we did 5 days before expected ovulation last month. I was having cold feet about TTC2 still am actually) so I didn't want to go any closer. I think we will try closer this month. At least 4 days before expected ovulation. I don't chart so it's all guessing but I have been airly regular since my periods returned last year.

Sorry for posts back to back. I forget about to use this site!

Thanks for the link! There's so much info about swaying, many times sites say opposite things!!! I would love 2 daughters but also would be happy with any healthy baby.

Can I join? I am going to test on December 2!

Added you already... Again sorry the :witch: found you. FX this will be our cycle.

I'm getting anxious for go time! Only CD 6 here.

How long is your normal cycle? CD9 for me and O is still so far (if it occurs as expected). :coffee:

My cycle is usually 28-30 days. I think I usually ovulation CD15 based on o-pain and my period starting 2 weeks after the sharp o-pain. I've never charted though.

Wow you are pretty much regular.... I am too, regular at being irregular. :haha:

Going to start OPK & saliva scope tomorrow CD11 just in case Fertilaid regulate/messes up my expected fertile window or O which is supposed to happen between CD18-22.

How's everyone here?

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Had awful cramps yday & a temp rise from yesterday (35.90 yday - 36.08 today) and about half an hour ago had egg white (??) CM ... dtd yesterday too so hopefully will catch it IF its happening!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"