December 2017 Testers: Hopeful for Christmas and Year-end BFPs

Thanks mdscpa !

I've just ordered a thermometer online and it should be here by Monday. I figured if it turns out I don't need it then it doesn't really matter!

I assume there is a difference between normal thermometers and basal body ones?
I've also downloaded the FF app so start charting.. all seems a bit confusing but hopefully will get used to it after a few days!

Yes! Normal thermometers usually only go to the .1 of a degree, but BBT go to .01 of a degree (like a tenth vs a hundredth), so BBT are much more sensitive to minute changes in your temperature and therefore better able to pinpoint your cycle :) I got mine on Amazon for like $20 or something insanely cheap!! And it even has an alarm.

Ah that's great, thanks Alligator!

I ordered one this afternoon from Amazon.. only like £6 which really surprised me. The reviews seemed pretty good so we shall see. But I figured because it was so cheap it doesn't really matter if it's not great/I don't end up needing it!

Exactly, the price is right even if it ends up not being the best or not used for very long.

From memory my thermometer wasn't expensive either. I've been temping too (did with my second DS as well). My temps have all been the same the last few days, which is either a fluke or I'm really just set in my BBT at the moment.

We'd love to have a girl and did try to sway a little last time around but I think we were too close to Ov and got our second DS, who I would not change for the world. I feel awful that I have such a longing for a DD and yes I'd be disappointed on finding out we were having another boy but at the same time, we already have names picked for both which I love, and the reality is that a healthy baby of either sex would be just wonderful. So our sway isn't very strict, I am implementing some of the LE diet and we're just planning to BD out a few days from Ov to see what happens.

From memory my thermometer wasn't expensive either. I've been temping too (did with my second DS as well). My temps have all been the same the last few days, which is either a fluke or I'm really just set in my BBT at the moment.

We'd love to have a girl and did try to sway a little last time around but I think we were too close to Ov and got our second DS, who I would not change for the world. I feel awful that I have such a longing for a DD and yes I'd be disappointed on finding out we were having another boy but at the same time, we already have names picked for both which I love, and the reality is that a healthy baby of either sex would be just wonderful. So our sway isn't very strict, I am implementing some of the LE diet and we're just planning to BD out a few days from Ov to see what happens.

We want to sway girl too. I tried the LE diet a few days ago and can't stay in protein range. How have you been doing with it? I ate very healthy with my daughter, so I'm hoping a non-LE doesn't break our chances!

Husband is doing FR until we BD to lower sperm count.

We want to sway girl too. I tried the LE diet a few days ago and can't stay in protein range. How have you been doing with it? I ate very healthy with my daughter, so I'm hoping a non-LE doesn't break our chances!

We haven't started TTC yet, I'm just temping this cycle (currently CD5) and checking to make sure my Ov is when I think it is.

I'm not doing the diet as strict as that, I hate counting calories and such, probably will be my downfall, who knows? I don't eat a lot of protein anyway and I have been on a very low calorie diet for awhile now, trying to shift some weight but I will start increasing my intake of calcium and ensuring I reduce sodium and add in lots of vegetables. I am also taking antihistamines for hay fever anyway so that is apparently supposed to help. DH is planning to take licorice root as well and we will also do FR until the attempt probably 4 days out from Ov day. I'm am definite that my 1st boy was conceived from BD on Ov day and we were just too close to Ov day, like 48 hours with DS2. I am thinking with attempting so far out we might take a few cycles to get UTD compared with first try with the others. I wish I had time to get in and research it more or buy a custom plan. So much conflicting information!

We haven't started TTC yet, I'm just temping this cycle (currently CD5) and checking to make sure my Ov is when I think it is.

I'm not doing the diet as strict as that, I hate counting calories and such, probably will be my downfall, who knows? I don't eat a lot of protein anyway and I have been on a very low calorie diet for awhile now, trying to shift some weight but I will start increasing my intake of calcium and ensuring I reduce sodium and add in lots of vegetables. I am also taking antihistamines for hay fever anyway so that is apparently supposed to help. DH is planning to take licorice root as well and we will also do FR until the attempt probably 4 days out from Ov day. I'm am definite that my 1st boy was conceived from BD on Ov day and we were just too close to Ov day, like 48 hours with DS2. I am thinking with attempting so far out we might take a few cycles to get UTD compared with first try with the others. I wish I had time to get in and research it more or buy a custom plan. So much conflicting information!

How often during your fertile period do you plan to BD? I can't decide on the cut off.

I'm just doing what I can without making myself crazy! I am a vegetarian but eat a lot of high protein dairy and cheese. I'm trying to skip breakfast in case that sways. I heard drinking coffee sways so I'm keeping on my coffee drinking lol.

Ah that's great, thanks Alligator!

I ordered one this afternoon from Amazon.. only like £6 which really surprised me. The reviews seemed pretty good so we shall see. But I figured because it was so cheap it doesn't really matter if it's not great/I don't end up needing it!

:thumbup: Hopefully you won't end up using it and get a :bfp: instead. But if you do use it, would you mind sharing your chart so we can stalk? :haha:

Of course :haha: but firsy things first.. how do i do that?! Haha!

Of course :haha: but firsy things first.. how do i do that?! Haha!

If you open FF using PC you click on SHARING then at CHARTING HOME PAGE click on GET CODE, copy the bbcode (chart thumbnail) link and add in your signature.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 2
AFM - currently at CD6 still far from O... My fertilaid orders should be here in a few hours as it's with the courier now as per last update. Hopefully it'll do its magic again... Below is our plan for this cycle: It sounds like work but that's how it is.

(CD13) 7 days more - start using saliva scope
(CD16) 10 days more - start using OPK until CD24
(CD19) 13 days more - start DTD until maybe CD23, still depending on my OPKs, really hoping I O around these CDs.

Edit: I just received my magic pills.... Now please shower me with some baby :dust: :happydance:

Today's temp got me a bit anxious, i hope this wasn't the start of my thermal shift because if it was then NO chance for me this cycle and I have to wait for the next one.

I remember that taking fertilaid might regulate my cycle making it a bit shorter than my usual. Due to this I might use OPK and saliva scope earlier than planned (CD16 and CD13, respectively). Going to test starting on CD11 if temps stayed low from tomorrow. I just don't wanna miss any cycle.

Md that would be QUITE early for O for you... probably just a fluctuation in temp... it still looks around your previous temps, so i wouldn’t worry.

Thanks for Ali. :hugs: it still is around my pre-o temps but a bit higher than my pre-o bfp chart. Im just hoping that i havent Oed yet due to fertilaid. Just gonna do OPKs earlier than expected to not miss my fertile window as this is the first cycle trying fertilaid and EPO. DH is having some headache after taking neurobion. As per his research it might be due to B1. Hopefully it'll pass soon. He's the one who searched for neurobion as it helps with the motility of his :spermy:

Will do that asap mdscpa :)

My bbt arrived today! So will start temping tomorrow .. still not entirely sure what I'm doing charting wise but we shall see. Feel like I'm back at school :haha:

I'm getting anxious for go time! Only CD 6 here.

How long is your normal cycle? CD9 for me and O is still so far (if it occurs as expected). :coffee:

Will do that asap mdscpa :)

My bbt arrived today! So will start temping tomorrow .. still not entirely sure what I'm doing charting wise but we shall see. Feel like I'm back at school :haha:

:wohoo: for BBT!!!! :happydance: Don't you worry mrsmummy2, we have lots of teachers here, me included. :haha:

Ok - so took my temp.. 6.15am.. 35.90 Celsius (96.62 Fahrenheit) is that low? Normal? Or will i not get a good idea for a few days?

Is low good? Is that pre-o or post o? :haha: :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->