+++ December 2019 testing thread +++

I think your lines look great. It sometimes takes 48 hours for a line to darken.

Digitals are always more sensitive! If it says yes then I believe you are!

@TWO2TANGO - I think USA meant to say that digitals are less sensitive - meaning they can only detect pregnancy when there are higher levels of hcg present. What I've noticed in the past is that FRERs don't always progress as quickly as we think they should. It's still a very strong line and AF is only due today. I work with a fertility clinic and when I have embryo transfers, they always encourage me to wait for their blood test, which they don't even take until my period would be about due, and they always tell me that home tests can so easily be false negative, even at 14 or 15dpo. Technology has come a long, long way since your mom was testing for pregnancy. Women can now test much earlier than they used to be able to. For instance, my mom had no clue she was pregnant with me until she was already 6 weeks in. That's almost three weeks after when some home tests can pick up faint traces of hcg today. Tests back then never would have been that sensitive. And they had to wait hours for results instead of minutes. ALSO, I've been TTC for almost 9 years now and I've noticed the same brand test can vary EVEN FROM THE SAME BOX! So, you might get one FRER in a box of three that is more sensitive than the other two. If you happen to grab that one first, there's a chance that the other two will show fainter lines. Lines are not good indicators of hcg levels or how quickly those levels are doubling. Home pregnancy tests ONLY tell you if there's hcg in your urine. That's it. And obviously if there is then you're pregnant and if there's not, then you're not. But a QUANTITATIVE Hcg blood test is going to be the only type of test that will give you the exact answers you are looking for and will be the only type of test that can PREDICT (not PROVE) that a pregnancy is viable. I look at my situation - both embryo transfers that stuck, my numbers were beautiful at the beginning. Doubling nicely. Both ended at about 6 weeks. One ended on its own. The other I didn't find out about until I was 9 weeks and I had to have surgery. Anyway, all this to say, please don't listen to your mom. Stress (cortisol) is the worst thing for your baby right now. Go see a doctor and get peace of mind.

I'm sure I'm pregnant I'm just worried about something happening to the pregnancy.

@TWO2TANGO - I think USA meant to say that digitals are less sensitive - meaning they can only detect pregnancy when there are higher levels of hcg present. What I've noticed in the past is that FRERs don't always progress as quickly as we think they should. It's still a very strong line and AF is only due today. I work with a fertility clinic and when I have embryo transfers, they always encourage me to wait for their blood test, which they don't even take until my period would be about due, and they always tell me that home tests can so easily be false negative, even at 14 or 15dpo. Technology has come a long, long way since your mom was testing for pregnancy. Women can now test much earlier than they used to be able to. For instance, my mom had no clue she was pregnant with me until she was already 6 weeks in. That's almost three weeks after when some home tests can pick up faint traces of hcg today. Tests back then never would have been that sensitive. And they had to wait hours for results instead of minutes. ALSO, I've been TTC for almost 9 years now and I've noticed the same brand test can vary EVEN FROM THE SAME BOX! So, you might get one FRER in a box of three that is more sensitive than the other two. If you happen to grab that one first, there's a chance that the other two will show fainter lines. Lines are not good indicators of hcg levels or how quickly those levels are doubling. Home pregnancy tests ONLY tell you if there's hcg in your urine. That's it. And obviously if there is then you're pregnant and if there's not, then you're not. But a QUANTITATIVE Hcg blood test is going to be the only type of test that will give you the exact answers you are looking for and will be the only type of test that can PREDICT (not PROVE) that a pregnancy is viable. I look at my situation - both embryo transfers that stuck, my numbers were beautiful at the beginning. Doubling nicely. Both ended at about 6 weeks. One ended on its own. The other I didn't find out about until I was 9 weeks and I had to have surgery. Anyway, all this to say, please don't listen to your mom. Stress (cortisol) is the worst thing for your baby right now. Go see a doctor and get peace of mind.

Thank-you co, it's the same brand frer but from different boxes, so maybe that's why. I hope so. It seems my symptoms are only starting today, which is reasurring me. My boobs hurt and I am so dizzy, my head is spinning but it's not stomach nausea if that makes sense. I'm so tired, I slept 7 hours, woke up & had breakfast and went right back to sleep for another 2 hours and now I feel like I am going to fall asleep again. Calling the Dr tomorrow morning and letting them know I would like blood tests, hopefully they let me since this is my first pregnancy. I'm so sorry for your losses co, that's not fair at all.

Two2tango - also the lines seem to get darker after they dry. So one from yesterday might seem like a darker line but when your test from today dries it might be darker than the one from yesterday. Hope that makes sense.

So I’m 10DPO today. Felt sore breasts all weekend and feeling a little nausea right now (just started). Had some very mild cramping around 6-8DPO. Hope these are good signs. Going to wait a few more days to test.

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA crazt time of year here and I havent even had time to symptom spot this cycle :haha:

I'm so sorry AF got you saveme and co fostermom. <3 Fx for next cycle for you both.

@USAFWife319 and @TWO2TANGO Congratulations! :happydance: TWO tell your mother she can take her negativity elsewhere, =; you don't need it, it's a great line and it's important to keep those stress levels down!

@Joannaxoxo promising symptoms! Hope this is it for you!
I love reading where everyone's from, I'm on the other side of the world in Queensland, Australia, and work in childcare :cool: suffering through the early days of a stinking hot summer atm with a teething 15mo who constantly wants to cuddle so that's fun! :friends:

No idea what DPO I am hahaha i have been busy/slack and didn't even record all my ewcm days and bd's on my app.. oops.. but i think I am about a week post ov... lol :lol:

Joanna: Nice that someone else isn't testing early too! I'm waiting until af is really late. :)

Lightning: I've also been keeping away from symptom spotting, until a day ago or so. It has been easier now that the holidays are around the corner I think! FX for you!

Afm, 13dpo. Af is due today and I always spot a lot the day before, but so far nothing but elevated temperatures, a little nausea and food doesn't taste quite the same. Guess who's getting her hopes up? I'm not testing yet. Want a super dark bfp when I do ;)

You're doing so well waiting. I hope af stays away!

Reactions: LO4
20191216_084120-min.jpg 20191216_084210-min.jpg

16dpo. I couldn't find a frer so gave a couple of other tests a go. I'm much happier with the lines on those compared to wondfo! My sister in law has just trained to be a midwife so I was talking to her yesterday and she made me feel much better so I'm just trying to forget the lines and just accept that im pregnant lol

Hi ladies

I’m back in the TWW and I’ve been testing for a few days now. Only one one-step came up looking close to positive.

I missed a few days of recording my bbt so not quite sure when I ovd and have simply gone with a date where I FELT like I did.

I did have five days of EWCM so if I go by my own dates, I’m 16dpo and if I go by my last EWCM date then I’m 11 dpo. So, hello confusion!

I haven’t had any serious symptoms and this worries me. It’s either I’m experiencing a really long cycle or I’m pregnant. It sucks to not be sure of anything.

Like I said, a one-step showed a faint line. This was yesterday. But wondfos have all been negative. Frer was negative yesterday as well.

And here’s the kicker - one-step was negative this morning, so was frer. So what should I believe? The one-step from yesterday or the one from today?

Full disclosure though, I dipped the one-step in my FMU for a little longer than stipulated in the directions. Very very faint line (picture attached) came up after about a minute, then a clearer faint line (picture attached) came up when I looked at it thirty minutes later.

I’m rambling now.

Anyway I’m on CD 32 and my cycles are usually between 26 and 29 days long.

With no real symptoms of AF or pregnancy, I feel lost!

040D5296-FC58-40D3-94E2-680BE4A2F5CC.jpeg 2F05CFDB-075B-43AC-9CFE-EC83B6D0E56C.jpeg

Last edited:
Joanna: Nice that someone else isn't testing early too! I'm waiting until af is really late. :)

LO4 - I hope you have better will power than I have as I tested this morning! haha.

BFN this morning here. I think I am 11DPO. However I was both charting my BBT and CM, so based on the chart there was 2 possible days that I could have ovulated. If I ovulated on the second date than I'm only 7DPO, we also didn't time sex right (3 days before) for this date.

Had a vivid dream last night of being chased by 2 alligators haha. Still have sore breasts but that is all. So just a waiting game now. I won't test again until x-mas eve as my period will be late by then.

Reactions: LO4
LOL at the dream!
They are good signs, so fingers crossed :)

Well 13DPO today and BFN on a FRER and chart is going down, safe to say AF will be here in a few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->