+++ December 2019 testing thread +++

Anyone feeling blue from the TTC process? I think my OH is a bit fed up with me talking about CM and OPK lines - mycalendar app also predicts that Im ovulating this weekend when im away on holiday. Feel gutted at the moment as DD was a happy accident so have never had to actively try ;(
Hoping for early ovulation <3 or will be new year before TTC again :neutral:

1DPO over here: let's see if I can sufficiently distract myself for the next 11 days.

Anyone feeling blue from the TTC process? I think my OH is a bit fed up with me talking about CM and OPK lines - mycalendar app also predicts that Im ovulating this weekend when im away on holiday. Feel gutted at the moment as DD was a happy accident so have never had to actively try ;(
Hoping for early ovulation <3 or will be new year before TTC again :neutral:

Yes, I'm with you hun. January will make it 12 months of ttc for me and in that time I've only had 5 shots at it so far, because after my first chemical I went 5 months where my cycles just stopped. No ovulation and no period. Had another 2 chemicals since and today at 8dpo (silly I know being so early into the tww) I already feel out this cycle because I'm not showing a single sign that anything might be happening so far. I usually get my first positive test when I've conceived by 9dpo, so I'm dreading tomorrow. Not a single bit excited because I know I'm gonna be absolutely crushed if I get bfn. And even if I was to get one I'll be spending the next few days terrified of it not getting darker. It is so hard to stay optimistic the more time goes on. We just have to try and stay positive I guess. Also my husband is the same. In fact I'm quite certain he shuts off when I try talking to him which is why I joined here. I don't feel alone here. Is it just the weekend your away? Just be sure to get a bd in before you go. Sperm survive up to about 5 days I think so you would still be in with a chance. Good luck to you :dust:

I already feel out this cycle because I'm not showing a single sign that anything might be happening so far. I usually get my first positive test when I've conceived by 9dpo, so I'm dreading tomorrow. Not a single bit excited because I know I'm gonna be absolutely crushed if I get bfn. And even if I was to get one I'll be spending the next few days terrified of it not getting darker. It is so hard to stay optimistic the more time goes on. We just have to try and stay positive I guess. Also my husband is the same. In fact I'm quite certain he shuts off when I try talking to him which is why I joined here. I don't feel alone here. Is it just the weekend your away? Just be sure to get a bd in before you go. Sperm survive up to about 5 days I think so you would still be in with a chance. Good luck to you :dust:

Thanks so much for replying, means a lot to know other people feel like this too (even though it's crappy for us!).
I really hope you get your sticky bean this month, remember no symptoms can be a symptom too ;)
Sorry to read about the chemicals, totally heart breaking, especially after months of driving yourself mad with this stuff.
Will keep all crossables crossed for you.

I'm away for a full week - app has put my as ovulating on Saturday and Im away from Thursday - Hoping my opk lines darken in next day or so. Still light atm :/

Thanks so much for replying, means a lot to know other people feel like this too (even though it's crappy for us!).
I really hope you get your sticky bean this month, remember no symptoms can be a symptom too ;)
Sorry to read about the chemicals, totally heart breaking, especially after months of driving yourself mad with this stuff.
Will keep all crossables crossed for you.

I'm away for a full week - app has put my as ovulating on Saturday and Im away from Thursday - Hoping my opk lines darken in next day or so. Still light atm :/

Typically the way, to fall when your away. Mine like to fall when my husbands on nights and with a 2 and a half year old who barely naps during the day it's a struggle to find the opportunity and I always get so upset and paranoid about missing it. My opks this month the lines were barely there. I thought I had a dodgy pack but they very quickly turned positive the day before ovulation. Didn't take a couple of days to gradually get darker. I'll keep everything crossed for you too that it will work out right for you. Its such an emotional rollercoaster this ttc business. I was so excited at the beginning. Last month when I got my BFP I felt nothing, didn't get emotional at all because I was just terrified of yet another chemical. Didn't stop me being a emotional wreck when af started though. I couldn't believe it was happening a 3rd time. I just can't imagine getting a positive now where the lines will progress to a strong positive. I've still got my digital one from last cycle that still says pregnant. I thought they only lasted 24hrs but its still showing positive. Don't want to throw it away, lol. I've caved and taken a couple this evening and think I may see the faintest ever lines but may also be evaps so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. So nervous to test tomorrow morning.

It's best to take your bbt at the same time every day after a least I think 3 solid hours sleep. That's not always possible for me as my little one tends to get up at least once a night and I always tend to wake up needing the loo as well but I still have a clear pattern to show ovulation. I set my alarm for 6:30am even if I don't have to get up. I just take my temperature, tap it into the fertility friend app and go back to sleep

Thanks for the info @Laurabub84 only 3 hours might be enough most days if I set my alarm for 4am or something hahaha shall have to give it a try occasionally my 15mo wakes randomly throughout the night, though he sleeps through mostly, so I might be able to get some idea on most days.

Good luck for your test tomorrow!

@Lightning7 Yeah worth a try. As I said I have quite a lot of unsettled nights and can still show a clear temperature shift when I ovulate which is so helpful to me as I can vary every month to when I ovulate. Normally anytime between cd18-25. With my first chemical pregnancy I didn't ovulate until cd55 and I got a clear shift in the end so I knew I had definetly ovulated and not just had a false lh surge. I could never not temp now

I sometimes get a general idea on ovulation from EWCM but sometimes it seems a lot less or more, and last cycle I got a lot of ovulation spotting for the first time ever which lasted for 2 days. I'm a little concerned that a few changes I've been getting might be a sign of endometriosis though as it runs in my family, I just want to have 1 more bub and then if that's all that I get I'll be ok with that! Always planned to have somewhere between 2 and 4 kids and I really would like close to a 2 year age gap between my first 2 so they can grow up as close friends.

So I was thinking temping might help me narrow it down even more :) but I had heard it needed a 6hr sleep stretch and needed to be done around 6am and I get up early for work so I wasn't sure it would help for me! So thanks! I'll be looking for a BBT today!

Try and Google it hun. I've always had 3hrs in my head so must have read it somewhere. You can always give it a go for a couple of months and see how you get on with it. I only ever planned on having 3 kids but now trying for one last baby before my husbands 40, and having 4 girls I would love a little boy, but another girl would be just as precious. I'm just desperate to experience it all one last time

Well I decided to take another opk just out of curiosity. Normally by now I’d have a negative but it’s still super positive. I got my first positive Thursday and my peak Saturday. I’m not cramping any more but I have felt rather bloated and pressure low abdomen. My nipples are also pretty sensitive and I felt nauseous this morning. It’s only been 2 days so I know it’s not pregnancy symptoms but can’t help but hope it’s a good sign. Here’s my opk from a bit ago. Anyone still had a positive when they’ve actually been pregnant?

https://[URL=https://s753.photobucket.com/user/IrishSoldiersPrincess/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F4E1B568-99B8-4476-BA63-BF990E6F3524.jpeg.html][IMG]https://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx178/IrishSoldiersPrincess/Mobile%20Uploads/F4E1B568-99B8-4476-BA63-BF990E6F3524.jpeg

My OPK stayed positive for about 3 days last cycle and I'm 98% certain I got pregnant but had a chemical, so you never know. But, like you said, if it's only 2dpo there's no way that's pregnancy. It is a good sign that you have lots of progesterone coursing through your body though - that'll help any embryo implant and survive. All those symptoms you explained are most likely caused by progesterone so hats off to your tww and baby :dust:

My OPK stayed positive for about 3 days last cycle and I'm 98% certain I got pregnant but had a chemical, so you never know. But, like you said, if it's only 2dpo there's no way that's pregnancy. It is a good sign that you have lots of progesterone coursing through your body though - that'll help any embryo implant and survive. All those symptoms you explained are most likely caused by progesterone so hats off to your tww and baby :dust:
Thank you! I’m just being hopeful and praying it works this month

Try and Google it hun. I've always had 3hrs in my head so must have read it somewhere. You can always give it a go for a couple of months and see how you get on with it. I only ever planned on having 3 kids but now trying for one last baby before my husbands 40, and having 4 girls I would love a little boy, but another girl would be just as precious. I'm just desperate to experience it all one last time

Good luck! I hope you get your last baby soon! My sister reckons after 2 same sex its about 75% chance of a 3rd, then after 3 it's meant to be like a 90% chance of a 4th, but after 4 it's meant to swing the other way and have a 90% chance of opposite sex haha who knows if she's right but my dad really wanted a boy from the start and for them it was the 5th baby! Then my older sister and i both had boys first time, and my sister now has a 2nd boy. I think it's just random though haha :)

Well I decided to take another opk just out of curiosity. Normally by now I’d have a negative but it’s still super positive. I got my first positive Thursday and my peak Saturday. I’m not cramping any more but I have felt rather bloated and pressure low abdomen. My nipples are also pretty sensitive and I felt nauseous this morning. It’s only been 2 days so I know it’s not pregnancy symptoms but can’t help but hope it’s a good sign. Here’s my opk from a bit ago. Anyone still had a positive when they’ve actually been pregnant?

https://[URL=https://s753.photobucket.com/user/IrishSoldiersPrincess/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F4E1B568-99B8-4476-BA63-BF990E6F3524.jpeg.html][IMG]https://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx178/IrishSoldiersPrincess/Mobile%20Uploads/F4E1B568-99B8-4476-BA63-BF990E6F3524.jpeg

Any symptoms have gotta mean something right? :D
Fingers crossed for you!

7dpo today and impatience to test has already started. Been doing so well this last week keeping busy and not obsessing. Was disappointed not to have a temp dip this morning because I had what looked like an implantation dip at 7dpo with my last pregnancy. I know not everybody gets one and every pregnancy is different but with my last chemical I had a dip a 6dpo so I'm hoping it's not something I should see to be pregnant. Time will tell though I guess but not having any good vibes from this cycle so far. Feel a little bit crampy today and last night in bed for the first half hour everytime I moved I felt like I was straining my stomach. I will hold off until 9dpo :^o
View attachment 1074124

good luck! I think your chart looks great!

Any symptoms have gotta mean something right? :D
Fingers crossed for you!
I certainly hope so! Thank you! I’m trying not to think about it too much and get too excited but who am I kidding... I’m always thinking about it :-=

I wish I had the willpower to not chart, it drives me insane too, but due to not being regular I don't have a choice if I want to know when and if ovulation happens. Good luck to you
Same to you hun! As far as charting and testing with opks it becomes such an obsession and I literally time sex accordingly and my DH was getting a bit tired of the whole routine of "I'm ovulating we gotta do it" so luckily I have almost to the date ovulation and AF on the same cycle days... but im not really holding out too much hope this time because we literally only dtd twice in my ov window! But you never know....

7dpo today and impatience to test has already started. Been doing so well this last week keeping busy and not obsessing. Was disappointed not to have a temp dip this morning because I had what looked like an implantation dip at 7dpo with my last pregnancy. I know not everybody gets one and every pregnancy is different but with my last chemical I had a dip a 6dpo so I'm hoping it's not something I should see to be pregnant. Time will tell though I guess but not having any good vibes from this cycle so far. Feel a little bit crampy today and last night in bed for the first half hour everytime I moved I felt like I was straining my stomach. I will hold off until 9dpo :^o
View attachment 1074124
Your chart looks great fx'd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"