• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**December Babies**

:(
I don't know how to check :blush:
I wanna know where I stand xxx

aparently uk practices never check for dialation due to a slight risk of maybe getting an infection. most of the time they leave it for labour!

things are very different here to usa it seems.
were dictated by the nhs though.

Yeah, I don't know why they do it in the US but not in the UK. There are a lot of threads on the 3rd tri board about how to check yourself for dilation- but to honest, I can't hardly maneuver it and even if I could I wouldn't really know what to be feeling for! lol.

Same thats why Im just going to have to wait :(
Cause I wouldn't have a clue
xxx

get your OH to check for you :) i .. might .. have.... :blush:

i have my sweep tomorrow eeeeeee i'm scared. i will make a thread tomorrow to let you all know how it goes x

i'm jealous that they are giving you a sweep so early! mine won't give me one until at least 40 weeks. how did you manage to talk your MW into doing that for you? lol

i'm on crutches with SPD and suffering quite badly so they're inducing me at the end of next week, but obviously trying every other option first hence the sweep!

oh, yeah, I knew that, sorry, I had just forgotten! pregnancy brain, lol. poor you, that sounds awful. and here I am complaining about being huge and uncomfy when I can at least walk fairly normally. Makes me feel like an idiot! lol. hope it works for you, that is soooo exciting.

no don't be stupid, the pain of being huge and constantly uncomfy is just as bad seriously!!
just for me i have that AND something else which is a right *******.
i still think i would be suffering just as much without the SPD though, i'm a bit of a whiner really :)

hey it just censored my post! how clever. sorry BNB for swearing!! :haha:

haha I didn't know it censored posts. that's funny.

anyway, yeah, i have a really low pain threshold (which is going to be GREAT for labor...:thumbup:) so everything kind of hurts and i am a constant complainer!! good thing my OH likes me so much, otherwise i'm sure he would have slapped me a long time ago for being so whiney... lol

I have really bad pain in my left hip, shocks around my pelvis and really bad period like pain :(
It's killing me but I never tell the MW as Im scared they'll think Im a drama queen so my poor OH has to listen to it, it got to the point where I was limping today as I couldn't walk without the pain being dreadful

Good Luck with the sweep :)

xxx

Lorna, tell your MW you crazy lady!! She won't think you're a drama queen, and if she does then tell her to shove it up her ass- lol. She is technically working for you, and she shouldn't make you feel like that. :(

I just think it's bound to be something silly and something that 'just happens'
xxx

aymie, how was your sweep?? details!!

I just got back from my appt where they checked me. I was 3/5 engaged, but not dilated or effaced at all yet. But he said my cervix is really soft and he can feel the baby's head through it, so I should start dilating soon :)

edit: never mind aymie, just read your post in 3rd tri. i'm sorry it was so painful!! i'm worried about you though, are you still bleeding?? I think you should definitely call your dr/mw (although i'm sure you've probably done that by now). I hope everything's ok!

aw thank you for asking after me :) i posted up in detail what happened here:
https://www.babyandbump.com/teen-pregnancy/468516-my-sweep-today-update-meee.html
have a read :) i've stopped bleeding now luckily, still feel a bit wobbly but i think that was cus i tensed up so much when it hurt.

that's all really good news from your checkup i'm happy for ya! :) x

9 days left :happydance:
had lots of cramping.
oh and my mum say i'll probably go into labour within the week.

also going to a gig on sunday to try and induce the labour :haha:

All you girls are so close to meeting your babies, and I feel milleniums away :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->