December birthdays

nessaw

Mum (6 angels, 1 rainbow)
Reaction score
What do people do when lo's birthdays are close to xmas? My dd was due on the 1st but was 2 weeks late. It's close but we'very got a bit of a gap til the big day. She won't know this year but when she's bigger she will. Do you share a stash out? Have already got a Xmas eve box, stocking and plate for Santa and just ordered her xmas day outfit and pyjamas. Very excited for our first proper Christmas but want her birthday to be special too.

My birthday is December 13th and as a child - obviously a very spoilt child - I hated my birthday being shared with christmas. My mum and dad always used to want to rush to take down my birthday cards to put up Christmas decorations yet both my sisters (who had July birthdays) were allowed there's to be up for a whole week. My aunty's and uncles always used to get me shared presents which I hated.

My son has his birthday 2 weeks after christmas and I keep his best presents for then and he gets the same amount that both his brothers would with birthdays away from Christmas. For me birthdays are much more special than Christmas as they are personal so I like to spoil them more on those days than at christmas

Both my LO's birthdays are within 3 weeks of Christmas. We do not put the Christmas tree up until after my DS birthday and we take it down before DD's birthday. It is a crazy time in our house but we love it.

So far no one has bought them shared presents but I do find my DD birthday tends to get forgotten as it is just after Christmas. When they are older we might get them a shared present if they ask for something very expensive.

My husbands birthday is the 4th so not too close but he likes the decs up for his birthday, my nephew is the 14th and they wait until after his birthday to do the tree etc. I would treat them as completely separate occasions, even if they were born on Christmas Eve. A friends son was born on Christmas day and she has his birthday presents and banner etc in the dining room and Christmas presents and the decs in the living room so they are not mixed together.
My mum always hated her birthday being on 28th.
I guess it depends on the person as they get older.

Thanks ladies. I was thinking of putting tree up the day after her birthday-16th. Our wedding anniversary is the 20th so maybe somewhere for her cards and ours for a few days. My cousin's birthday is the 27th and she hated it as a child. My mum's birthday is the 13th so as a child we didn't put decs up til after.

My youngest bday is 6 days before Christmas, we make sure and make her birthday special just like the other two kids, we decorate with streamers, balloons etc and has the sam amount spent in her as my other two as well.
We have already decorated for Christmas by her birthday, but like I say we still put up streamers etc to make sure she feels like it's her bday, if that makes sense lol

My sons is Boxing Day, I just treat it like any other birthday if you get me. I've heard people hate birthday presents in Christmas wrapping/ joint gifts etc. I wouldn't do that anyway! He's too young to know but I do a proper birthday for him with a party cake and things just like for my others

Our anniversary is the 19th. Dh always jokes December is his favourite month, his birthday, our anniversary and Christmas all at once ha ha its just in time for us to have have lunch out together before the kids break up from school.

DDs is 5 December. She actually came a few days early which I am glad about as its a while before the big day. We are going to celebrate her birthday the same way as DD1 . We will leave all her cards etc up for a while and just decorate for Christmas around them a few days later! . xx

My LO's birthday is 9th December, he will be 4 this year. I do buy things and then share them between his birthday and christmas, however he doesn't get any less for his birthday than he would if it was earlier in the year.

We do put the decorations up before his birthday, but his birthday is just as special to us and I make sure he's spoiled. I make a big deal of his birthday and he's having a party this year.

I do feel sorry for him though, all these presents within two weeks of each and other and then nothing to celebrate for a whole year. He doesn't notice just now, but he probably will when he's older.

My OH's birthday is the 3rd december too. It's a crazy month.

My birthday is December 7th and I always loved it falling on the run up to Christmas. They were sort of combined yet also managed to be totally separate celebrations in my head. Tbh, I think that having them close together gave them a sort of synergy and made them combine to a sum that was greater than their parts as I love birthdays and Christmas way more than most people. My birthday usually fell near the weekend of the Toy Show, a work kids Christmas party all my family used to attend, one of my aunts often took me out on my birthday to buy a special outfit for Christmas and take me for a special lunch. And the day after my birthday was always a day off school. So my birthday was Christmassy but I used to think that made it extra special because we had all these amazing treats that coincided with my day.

In Ireland December 8th used to be the traditional day to decorate for Christmas, so we usually had my birthday and decorated the next day. But I far prefer the decorations to be up well in advance of my birthday. They make my birthday extra special.

My DS has a November birthday, which feels pretty Christmassy these days with all of the shops already full of Christmas stuff by mid-November. And it does mean that all his gifts come within 6 weeks of each other. So I make a huge deal of Easter too. When we were kids we always got a toy at Easter because we got way too many eggs from extended family. So I do the same with DS except that the toy is from the Easter Bunny instead of just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->