December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

I know, but the facebook page is really busy. The only crap thing about the FB page is there isent much general chats about rubbish, its all baby related.

I's easier to chat on FB though, I know a lot of girls dont like the baby club because of the rows that happen in there. Its like the trimesters all over again lol xx

I didn't even find the trimesters as bad asbaby club! You would think it worse with the hormones but NO!

I havent bothered with baby club - it just didnt appeal!

Having problems getting Caitlyn to take a bottle of EBM - she took a couple of bottles a few weeks ago but we got lazy and didnt follow up. No she wont take it from DH or me77Any ideas?

Need to have a certain level of freedom - for example I have my Nanna's 95th birthday lunch Sunday which Caitlyn isnt going to (too hot, noisy and crowded a place for her) and at the moment we will struggle.

Help - last night was awful, in hte end she wouldnt even let DH hold her which was very upsetting for both of us

Mizze x

JUst try and persevere? I never had trouble Freddie taking a bottle whilst i was feeding him EBM so im not much help. Maybe she will take it if she is really hungry? xx

She just needs to learn it does the same thing as a boob, just keep trying.

Just keep trying. I once had a problem feeding the EBM and he was getting very stressy. I find after a couple of wiggles or so you get the bottle in the right place? He was crying and when he opened his mouth really wide I got more of the teat in his mouth, he instantly settled and started sucking away. Sounds cruel, but it worked a treat and since then he has reconised bottles bring food also (I have to mix an onuce or so of milk in with gripe water in order for him to get the stuff).
Also the temperture, the warmer it is the more interested he tends to be. He will drink it at room temp but he's not so bothered about it.

What kind of bottles are you using, that might have an affect.

My baby will only take a bottle of ebm if I am not in the house. If he knows I am there somewhere, forget it. When I leave him with someone though, he will take it no problem.

Im not sure if it will help but when eva wouldnt take the bottle at the hospital for the first few times the MW had to feed her, but she said for me to try this when i was feeding her, put the teat in her mouth and with one of your fingers put in under her chin gently move the move her chin up and down, and it really did work, she started sucking the teat well after a few times of doing that, dunnno if thats any help tho?

Does anyones baby cough but isn't ill? Charlie coughs 3 coughs or so at a time throughout the day and night (not sure if he does it when he's fast asleep at night kus I'm sleeping too) & he isn't wheezy or anything. He's been like it for just under a couple of weeks n doesn't seem to be getting worse :shrug: My mum thinks it's kus his throat is maturing. I think perhaps he has silent reflux because he pulls a funny face sometimes as though he's tasting acid n is coughing to get rid of it :shrug:

Does anyones baby cough but isn't ill? Charlie coughs 3 coughs or so at a time throughout the day and night (not sure if he does it when he's fast asleep at night kus I'm sleeping too) & he isn't wheezy or anything. He's been like it for just under a couple of weeks n doesn't seem to be getting worse :shrug: My mum thinks it's kus his throat is maturing. I think perhaps he has silent reflux because he pulls a funny face sometimes as though he's tasting acid n is coughing to get rid of it :shrug:

Ivy does a weird little coughing thing too :shrug: Like Charlie she definitely doesnt have a cold. It could be something to do with reflux maybe, Ivy is very sicky and she gets hiccups all the time, we havent worried too much about it though because she is gaining weight and it doesnt seem to cause her any really bad pain.

Thanks on the EBM advice ladies. :kiss:

Mizze xx

hi ladies
just a quick hello and hope you're all doing well :) i cant believe noah will be 3 months next week!!!! time has flewn by :) still enjoying every moment- he changes so much everyday! here's a pic of him for you, take care :flower:
our boy 244.jpg

our boy 245.jpg

thanks ladies! and nat i love your sig :) your LO's are just gorgeous!! how are things going ? xx

All is great! The babies are growing fast, my mum is staying with me for a week as hubby is on a stag in the dominican republic, and im back at the gym which im loving! Got a holiday booked to spain in april with the babies, very excited. Our next hol is hopefully gonna be dubai once the bubs get a little older, maybe end of this year. I really miss it! Hows all with noah?? xx

oh so good you back at the gym- my MIL was here from the start of feb for 3 weeks so I managed to go to the gym a lot which felt great! now im doing pilates dvd and tae bo dvd during the week and will prob go to gym weekends when DH is home. i just want my tummy flat again! i guess im being a little impatient :) hehe
ooh spain will be lovely- soon it will be too hot here. we might go to cyprus in the summer.
Noah is great -he smiles all the time now and "talks" to us and squeals! he is getting more cheeky too and is such a determined little man! :)
How big are your twinnies now? and who is the cheeky one? lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->