December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Ladies what do you do re: nap times during the day? Do your LO's sleep in their cots during the day? Noah just does not want to sleep in his during the day- he puts up a fight every night to go to sleep, but then he is fine after some minutes of crying (we are doing CIO) I just find it a bit mean to do CIO during the day too :( I hate it when he is soooo sleepy yet so upset. Any ideas? He is very clingy... :)

I have no idea, Freddie still has runny poops so i wouldn't know. Sorry. Hope she is better soon! :hugs:

Ladies what do you do re: nap times during the day? Do your LO's sleep in their cots during the day? Noah just does not want to sleep in his during the day- he puts up a fight every night to go to sleep, but then he is fine after some minutes of crying (we are doing CIO) I just find it a bit mean to do CIO during the day too :( I hate it when he is soooo sleepy yet so upset. Any ideas? He is very clingy... :)

Its normal for the to have a whine before they go to sleep, Niamh does for most of her day time naps, especialy if shes over tired.
Meadow has diarrhea :cry:

Any advice? :hugs:

Just make sure shes getting plenty of fluids.

Ok...next on the shopping list is a cot! :baby:

Whose babies are now in cots? (I know Niamh is :sleep:) I am trying to decide which one to buy! :shrug:

cot = crib? Juliet has been in hers for weeks. Over the past couple weeks, I have transitioned her to only sleeping in it. Except of course when she wakes during the night. Then she's in bed with us still.

I'm thinking of supplimenting Juliet with formula htese days.. last feed of the day maybe. I have no extra to give and There are things coming up that I will need to be away from her for.

no a crib over here is about a similar size to a moses basket so much smaller than a cot but slightly bigger than a moses :)

wishingfor - Ava puts up a fuss and fight every nap time I think they're at an age where they're scared of missing something lol most of the time she sleeps in her bouncer but sometimes I put her to sleep in her cot if she's fast asleep.

Chloe - are you still using the dr browns? They're US fluid ounce. They caused Ava to have runny poo constantly. I measured out 5oz in an Avent and poured it in the Dr Brown (just water no formula added) and it didnt come to the 5oz line in the Dr B's so you're effectively adding more water to the feed by using US fl oz. This increases with every ounce so if Freddie had 7oz his feed would be more diluted. Soon as I stopped using them her poo went back to normal. try measuring his feed out in a different brand bottle then doing his feeds that way see if it makes a difference :) x

wishingfor - Ava puts up a fuss and fight every nap time I think they're at an age where they're scared of missing something lol most of the time she sleeps in her bouncer but sometimes I put her to sleep in her cot if she's fast asleep.

I agree with Ness and Lozzy - Caitlyn will cry for up to 5-6 mins in the day for naps and up to 10 mins at night before she settles and im learning to let her cry it out for that length of time.

Chloe, Freddie looks sooooo cute in those photos! & Nat - dont your two look so lovely in your signature - we all have such gorgeous babies! :happydance:

Caitlyn still has her mop of hair - will post an up to date photo soon.

Mizze xx

Thanks Mizze, but Noah is crying at the top of his lungs for ages !!!!!!!!! we control it by comforting him inbetween..but he is a stubborn little one! :) He is crying as I type! :(
During the day it is the same :( so I don't know how much longer he will do it for- maybe forever??

Kelly how is Meadow? Does she still have the runs? Just make sure she does not get dehydrated. Is she formula fed?

Kelly how is Meadow? Does she still have the runs? Just make sure she does not get dehydrated. Is she formula fed?

Thanks for asking...:flower:

She still has it a little, but getting slightly less....She is formula fed & I gave her water yesterday :thumbup:

She still has it a little, but getting slightly less....She is formula fed & I gave her water yesterday :thumbup:

I am not really clued up on formula Kelly- I hope she will get better soon. It might just be a slight bug that's going around you know- they catch everything lol :) If you get worried just head to the docs :flower:

I am not really clued up on formula Kelly- I hope she will get better soon. It might just be a slight bug that's going around you know- they catch everything lol :) If you get worried just head to the docs :flower:

Kelly im glad Meadow is getting better. :thumbup:
I didnt have any advice sorry

Wishing - how is Noah? If Caitlyn cries for more than 10 mins I know she isnt ready - also she has a cold AGAIN (all 3 of us seem to have permanent colds) so I dont want her getting herself totally bunged up with crying.

Caitlyn cried like mad earlier - she wanted her Dad! First time she has cried for him not me :happydance: this is GOOD cos DH has been feeling a bit frustrated at lack of time with her recently.

Mizze xx

Me and Freddie keep getting colds too....... i have been wondering for ages why this is :(
Glad its not just us!

thanks Mizze... DH and I decided last night that Noah is just not cut out for the CIO. So we will soothe him til he sleeps. He works himself up into such a state each night before sleep and it's actually only getting worse :( So we tried the "new" method last night and it worked. :)
hope all with colds get better :flower:

thanks Mizze... DH and I decided last night that Noah is just not cut out for the CIO. So we will soothe him til he sleeps. He works himself up into such a state each night before sleep and it's actually only getting worse :( So we tried the "new" method last night and it worked. :)
hope all with colds get better :flower:

You have to do what works for you and Noah - obviously that does. :thumbup:

Caitlyn woke 4 times last night for food :cry: she NEVER does that.

Just had second jabs - poor baby, she was so brave though. A little grisly and wont settle for her afternoon nap :dohh:

Mizze x

My son has a DADDY!!! :happydance:

DNA test results came back today and he has now got another half of his family. I'm so thrilled! :cloud9: So Silas' Dad is coming to see us at easter and I can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->