December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

How are all the December babies coping with this heat? Seeing as most of them were born when it was snowing it is a bit of a shock to the system!

I have had to just have Ivy in a nappy most of the day because she is so sweaty!

Well, after our trip to Australia in 30+ degrees heat!....Meadow is doing Ok in this Uk heat :thumbup:

Hey girlies :) hope everyone is okay, and had a nice easter! Gorgeous weather!

I've got a bit of a worry/problem - I posted in the babyclub section but didn't get a lot of responses. Basically, Charlie is 16 weeks today and has started to roll from his back to his side/half on his tummy. I woke up this morning and he was asleep on his side, and I'm SO paranoid that he's gonna block his air flow. He sometimes gets stuck during the day when he rolls around on his changing mat, and his neck is arched backwards. So what if he gets stuck in the night? Or what if he blocks his airflow and ergh! Is anyone elses baby sleeping on their sides? I put him to sleep on his back, and he rolls, I was told not to put any like towels or baby wedges in his cot because it can cause more damage than good :/ I'm so paranoid :( Charlie has really good head control, he can sit up with me holding him and easily hold his head and look around, he's really strong too, and can sometimes pull himself up from laying down if I'm holding him under his arms.

If hes moving himself in his sleep its fine.

We started weaning today, was easier than i thought lol

https://s930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/?action=view&current=IMG_0163.mp4

https://s930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/?action=view&current=IMG_0163.mp4

Aww, she loves her food :cloud9: She looks so ready, bless

Sam he should get himself out of any difficulties but check with the HV if you are concerned.

Caitlyn is doing well but the last two weeks hasnt been sleeping - she spends most of tghe night tossing and turning - ive tried a) putting her in a lower tog sleeping bag. b) taking her out of her moses basket as it was a bit constraining c) changing her nappy more often in the night and nothing is making a difference. The night before last she was up SEVEN times - even as a newborn she was up the max of 3 times and normally 2 - she had been sttn from about 6 weeks so im shell shocked and seriously sleep deprived as im awake listening the whole time she is tossing about. Found her 3/4 way up her cot last night (first night in her big girl cot though)

Any ideas?? She is a very busy little thing even in the day. And we had a lovely night routine sorted - bath with Daddy, feed, bed and asleep by 7.30. Sleep till at least 4am - now she is awake again in an hour or so demanding more food. But doesnt seem that hungry when she wakes in the middle of the night - more thirsty. Is it the heat, her stage (she is 15 wks on Thursday)

Please help from a v tired Mummy....

Hi Ladies :)
Hope you are all well.

Samantha Noah is rolling fully onto his tummy now- he can roll himself back onto his back but when he's asleep he doesn't, so we also worry quite a bit. We have a video monitor so we always keep an eye on him. The good thing though is that if they have good head/neck control they will just put their heads on the side for breathing. Try not to worry too much and just keep an eye on him and turn him back when you see he's rolled.

Mizze, sometimes Noah is also quite restless during the night wanting to feed more, yet not waking as such- maybe it's a growth spurt? It has happened a few times in the last week and just last night!

Here are the latest pics oh Noah :)
bubby boo 001.jpg

bubby boo 010.jpg

bubby boo 025.jpg

Sam he should get himself out of any difficulties but check with the HV if you are concerned.

Caitlyn is doing well but the last two weeks hasnt been sleeping - she spends most of tghe night tossing and turning - ive tried a) putting her in a lower tog sleeping bag. b) taking her out of her moses basket as it was a bit constraining c) changing her nappy more often in the night and nothing is making a difference. The night before last she was up SEVEN times - even as a newborn she was up the max of 3 times and normally 2 - she had been sttn from about 6 weeks so im shell shocked and seriously sleep deprived as im awake listening the whole time she is tossing about. Found her 3/4 way up her cot last night (first night in her big girl cot though)

Any ideas?? She is a very busy little thing even in the day. And we had a lovely night routine sorted - bath with Daddy, feed, bed and asleep by 7.30. Sleep till at least 4am - now she is awake again in an hour or so demanding more food. But doesnt seem that hungry when she wakes in the middle of the night - more thirsty. Is it the heat, her stage (she is 15 wks on Thursday)

Please help from a v tired Mummy....

Ivy went through that phase, albiet when she was a few weeks older than Caitlyn :hugs:

In the end we just co-slept and I just gave her access to be able to suckle in the night if needs be, she still stirred a lot but I think we both got more rest. It took a couple of weeks but now she is back to normal for Ivy (waking twice in the night for feeds :dohh:)

Hi Ladies :)
Hope you are all well.

Samantha Noah is rolling fully onto his tummy now- he can roll himself back onto his back but when he's asleep he doesn't, so we also worry quite a bit. We have a video monitor so we always keep an eye on him. The good thing though is that if they have good head/neck control they will just put their heads on the side for breathing. Try not to worry too much and just keep an eye on him and turn him back when you see he's rolled.

Mizze, sometimes Noah is also quite restless during the night wanting to feed more, yet not waking as such- maybe it's a growth spurt? It has happened a few times in the last week and just last night!

Here are the latest pics oh Noah :)
View attachment 197298

View attachment 197299

View attachment 197300

Awwww cracking photos! :thumbup:

I think we have determined that Caitlyn is going through the 4 month sleep regression (albeit a couple of weeks early) - just got to get through it. :wacko:

Mizze xx
Feel happier now I know its normal.

ooh yes i forgot about that 4month thing- that's prob what Noah is going through too!

ooh yes i forgot about that 4month thing- that's prob what Noah is going through too!

so much better sleep now I know its normal - harder to settle woke half hour after being put down to feed again but then woke only once in night to feed! Still restless and had a couple of grizzle's but that was it till 6.30 - baby asleep again now.

MUCH MUCH Better! :happydance::happydance:

Mizze xx

Some recent piccies of Ivy :flower:

Attachments

• P3290209.jpg
    P3290209.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6
  • BBQ.jpg
    BBQ.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Highchair.jpg
    Highchair.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 5
Is my child the only one with no hair?

Arghh girls make me chill out, im having a flap.

Were going to blackpool and staying with FIL for 4 nights at then weekend and im having a flap about Niamh's food. Breakfast is fine since its just porriage but im having a flap about her dinner. I realy dont want to use jars and there is nothing stopping me making something while im there but im still being stupid. :dohh:

Awww, lovely pics of Ivy :cloud9:

Glad you had a better night Mizzie....Think Meadow has been going through this too, she keeps waking at 5am! :dohh:

Do you have a small cool bag with ice block? You could put your frozen pots in there? Then put it in the freezer when you get to FIL's? I think you can get ice bags for quite cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->