December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

I wish I had the money to finish my tattoo, going to cost me at least £400 to get finished but it's a long term tattoo project so I don't end up covered in them :haha: Need to get something done for Lyra though, a little butterfly next to my Pixie I think :thumbup:

Just got my Moby this morning, put Lyra in it and shes gone straight to sleep! OH is skeptical of the wrap though

Me: *Putting Lyra in wrap*
OH: Be careful she doesn't fall out.
Me: She wont fall out.
OH: How do you know?
Me: Because women in Africa have been doing this with babies forever.
OH: But you're not African, you might do it wrong.
Me: *bouncing up and down* See? She cant fall out.
OH: Hmm... has she fell asleep!?
Me: Yep, she likes it!
OH: Are you sure you're not smothering her!? Can you hear her breathing!?

:rofl: He also said 'you're not going to wear that outside are you!?' :roll: xx

:rofl: MEN!!
I have started a new project of blanket making, im just going to do a few designs to start and then i might do them to order.
Will post the pic of my first proper one in a bit.
Not sure if they will sell well? WHat do you ladies think?

It has taken me AGES to get back into it and im using my nans machine, so i need to get myself one. Here it is, its not a brilliant pic tho...

Attachments

• freddie 2 half months 024.jpg
    freddie 2 half months 024.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 3
Pixie what are men like, but thats was funny, where you pissed of with him or did you find it funny haha

WOW the blanket is fab oud defo sell a few of those, have you thought of a price for them? thats a fab hobbie!

It has taken me AGES to get back into it and im using my nans machine, so i need to get myself one. Here it is, its not a brilliant pic tho...

It's great, I bet you could sell loads like that!

Pixie what are men like, but thats was funny, where you pissed of with him or did you find it funny haha

WOW the blanket is fab oud defo sell a few of those, have you thought of a price for them? thats a fab hobbie!

I just laughed at him and told him to be quiet :haha: He hasnt said anything since as she has been asleep for about an hour and we were struggling to get her to nap earlier!

The Moby now goes everywhere :winkwink: xx

I have no idea on price....the main blanket material costs me £5.00 and i can get 2 blankets out of it, the rest is just patterned cotton cut into shapes and sewn on...its not really that hard! I think the cost of one for me to make is about £4.00 at most plus my time. I have no idea what how much i would sell them for, i might make them to order :shrug:
I have no idea! :rofl:

I think if you were doing specific designs to order, like with names on and stuff you could easily charge £30 :thumbup: xx

Yea defo, you need to make a profit some for you and some for more material. Get making!

chloe i love it! i think it would be really nice to do kids name and DOB aswell :) xxx

I have no idea where to advertise....if i did standard ones and then add the personalisation i could sell on ebay. But not sure how i would advertise making them to order :shrug:
Its so hard trying to plan a business!

Hi ladies! Been a bit. I have been reading along, but haven't had time to post :)

Had myself a bit of mastitus.. that sucked! Juliet's growing like a weed. Already in 3-6 month sized clothes. Some of that is her cloth diapers though.

I didn't get a card or chocolates for Valentine's day either. BUT DH did watch the kids so I could go see CATS with my sister and friend. Yes... I went out on Valentines day without my hubby :) I made him a yummy dinner last night to make up for our not going out Monday.

DH's brother passed along a bunch of baby stuff to us before Juliet got here.. and he has some more and I'm so excited! We already got a nice jogging stroller from him and a crib, now he's passing along his bike trailer! I was just telling DH last week that I want one for when the snow goes away. I need to get out of the house and shed this stupid baby weight.

Pixxie I love my moby. Juliet will go facing outwards in it and enjoy the world or she will face inwards when she's tired and needs a snuggle. I'm actually planning on using it to go to a coffee hour at DS's school tomorrow. It falls during her morning naptime and I KNOW she's going to be cranky.

I feel a little bit like a bad mummy. Juliet has been fighting sleeping during the daytime.. she wants to be nursed to sleep, other days she just doesn't know what she wants. I can't just pop her in bed and let her drift off, it doesn't work. But if I place her on her tummy, she is out after just a couple minutes of fussing. I only do it during the day when she's downstairs near where I am and she will sleep for hours if I leave her alone! But I know all the readings say to put her on her back. I'm going to ask her Dr and see if it's ok.. she sleeps so much better when shes on her tummy. She could be out cold and you place her in bed on her back and she's wide awake.

I know Juliet is one of the oldest in this group, and I don't want to start anything... but is anyone thinking of rice cereal? She's been fussy and hungry in the evenings and I decided to do 1/2 the recommended portion just to test her out.. EBM in a bottle with the rice. She loves it! DH gives it to her in her last evening feed and I found she only wakes for a small snack at 4am now. When I get up at 6, I can pump a bottle to store and I still have enough left in me for when she gets up at 7 (most days).

Sorry to hear some of your OHs are not stepping up properly... For the most part, mine has been ok. He works a lot of hours so I don't have to work, so I try not to ask too much of him at home. He still has his chores and there are days when J has just been too much for me and when he comes home, I hand her off before he has a chance to get his coat off. I find myself watching my DH interacting with Juliet. It's so funny sometimes. He talks to her and she coos back at him.

Im not even thinking about weaning Niamh yet, shes still happy on her milk so im leaving her as long as she will go and then il try switching her to hungry baby milk first.

I want her to stay my baby for as long as possible lol

Im thinking of Hungry Baby too, he has been having 5oz every hour!!!
I might just buy a ready carton to try him on to see first rather than buying a tin :)

i only ever used sma gold with Wil until he was old enough for cows milk and i plan on doing the same with Ailsa, once shes over 4 months if she starts showing signs of wanting more than just milk then i'll introduce baby rice at breakfast time and then take the weaning from there!

Who likes my new toy

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/Niamh/SAM_1349.jpg

I have no idea where to advertise....if i did standard ones and then add the personalisation i could sell on ebay. But not sure how i would advertise making them to order :shrug:
Its so hard trying to plan a business!

Advertise them as erm: Handmade personal baby blankets to order? And just state that you can do shapes and names, colour, size etc??? And they ar handmade, Even advertise on here?

Love the dec dreamers page on facebook! :thumbup:

Has anyone elses OH failed miserably at Valentines day? I got a mumbled 'Happy valentines day' when Lyra woke at 4.45 but thats it, no card, no flowers, no choccies, nothing :cry: Just a card would have been nice but no, I dont even deserve that it would seem...

I got nothing, not that im borthered i dont see why there has to be a day to show someone how much you love them, i feel sorry for the single girls on valentines :nope:

Meh. My first single Valentines in...4 or 5 years.

Can't say I was bothered at all. We were too busy flying over to visit my family :)

We are here at the mo, he's been great and slept the whole time on the plane. Did try a dummy but he just kept spitting it out and screwing up his face :haha:

My Dad has never bought my Mum something since they were married. He says 'We're married so you aren't my valentines anymore'. 25 years of marriage ey?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->