December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Hugs pixxie xx my mum and I used to be really close, we had some issues and didn't talk for a while, when we did we would have horrendous arguments, it was an awful time. But we are now stronger than ever, thank god.

I think we all get to stage in our lives when that pedestal we put our parents on when we are young falls and we realise our parents are actually human beings, and they make mistakes and sometimes are just not actually who you thought they were. Its a hard realisation and it hurts like HELL because our parents were the only people we really knew and ever looked up to when we were little and it hurts like hell if they ever show that they can't really be bothered with their own kids.

Just remember, its unfortunate but you can't force a relationship. You have your own little person to take care of now and all you can do is learn from your mums mistakes and make sure you are never like that. And is difficult as it is you must not become consumed with anger and bitterness towards your mum, as lyra will pick up on it, babies are far more intuitive than we give them credit for! Whoever your mum wants to be to you, and however she wants to treat your relationship is on her. She will regret it one day. As much as you could say 'its her loss' and close the door, its still your mum, (if it was anyone else I would say you should definitely forget the relationship and tell them to eff off) so I'd say keep the door ajar for her. Who knows, she may actually realise what she's missing out on with her daughter and grand daughter and want to make up for it. I know my mum did...

You just keep doing what you are doing best; being a fantastic mummy to lyra and just let your mum carry on with what she's doing, she's obvioisly got a few demons in her head to fight so just let her be, and if she ever wants to be a part of yours and lyras life then when that day comes you can make the call if you want her around xxxx

Hope it goes well kelly! I got asked at mine if I'd given any thought to contraception. I just looked at her and said 'does it not say on my file that I have twins?! That's contraception on itself! I hardly have time to shower!' She wasn't very impressed with my response, lol! X

Hugs pixxie xx my mum and I used to be really close, we had some issues and didn't talk for a while, when we did we would have horrendous arguments, it was an awful time. But we are now stronger than ever, thank god.

I think we all get to stage in our lives when that pedestal we put our parents on when we are young falls and we realise our parents are actually human beings, and they make mistakes and sometimes are just not actually who you thought they were. Its a hard realisation and it hurts like HELL because our parents were the only people we really knew and ever looked up to when we were little and it hurts like hell if they ever show that they can't really be bothered with their own kids.

Just remember, its unfortunate but you can't force a relationship. You have your own little person to take care of now and all you can do is learn from your mums mistakes and make sure you are never like that. And is difficult as it is you must not become consumed with anger and bitterness towards your mum, as lyra will pick up on it, babies are far more intuitive than we give them credit for! Whoever your mum wants to be to you, and however she wants to treat your relationship is on her. She will regret it one day. As much as you could say 'its her loss' and close the door, its still your mum, (if it was anyone else I would say you should definitely forget the relationship and tell them to eff off) so I'd say keep the door ajar for her. Who knows, she may actually realise what she's missing out on with her daughter and grand daughter and want to make up for it. I know my mum did...

You just keep doing what you are doing best; being a fantastic mummy to lyra and just let your mum carry on with what she's doing, she's obvioisly got a few demons in her head to fight so just let her be, and if she ever wants to be a part of yours and lyras life then when that day comes you can make the call if you want her around xxxx

Thanks, that made me feel a lot better. My OH is insisting I cut her out and 'tell her off' and doesn't understand that it's a bit raw and I dont want to ruin any chance of her showing an interest.

Hope it goes well kelly! I got asked at mine if I'd given any thought to contraception. I just looked at her and said 'does it not say on my file that I have twins?! That's contraception on itself! I hardly have time to shower!' She wasn't very impressed with my response, lol! X

:rofl:

OMG I'm going to strangle the cat, he keeps knocking things over and making noise and I've just got Lyra to nod off :growlmad:

hi my baby was born on 30.11.10

Baby Boy - Cody Ben weighing 7lbs 2oz..

Anybodies baby teething yet, my baby is cutting a tooth already (i can clearly see lol)

poor little thing is suffering, bongela and calpol to the ready, he is only 11 weeks, bless him..

Anyone else?

All was well at the postnatal, sending my bloods off though, as may be anaemic

Both the nurse & the Doctor asked if ive felt depressed...(starting to think thats a reflection of how rough I look at the mo!! :haha:) I told the Doctor the only thing im depressed about is not being able to get in my jeans still :dohh: She did have a chuckle :haha:

Im gonna start taking the mini-pill, was gonna have a coil, but she said not to if we are planning another LO :baby:

......Keep thinking im forgetting something, when it comes to Meadow & our trip to Australia...:wacko: As if baby brain isnt hard enough! :wacko:

No we're just at chewing hands and dribbling so far! xx

I officially love the moby, put Lyra in once she got tired, she went to sleep and Ive been able to tidy up, wash the pots, put some washing in, hoover up and have some lunch while she slept :yipee: xx

We have a lot of hand munching, dribbling and occasionally red cheeks but no teeth yet...is anyone thinking of using an amber teething necklace/anklet?

I looked up the amber necklace last night actually....think i may have to get one, no harm in it :thumbup:

People seem to think they are amazing so I think we will give one a try...I have to explain to OH that I am not just putting jewellary on her though!

I don't see how it could do anything TBH :shrug:

OH has asked me to show him how the Moby works since he came home, took Lyra out and she started screaming to go back in :rofl: xx

My DS was very good teething, just used bonjela occassionally and teething rings but every mum i knew at the time then swore by Ashton and Parsons teething powders. What r these amber teething necklaces?

https://www.amber-teething-necklaces.co.uk/

There are quite a few threads about them in natural parenting - the idea seems insane to me but I know loads of Mums that use them and they all seem to think they really work :shrug:

Morning Girls :flower:

I have my 6 week check today! :blush: Oopsie, only 5 weeks late!

I had mine yesterday, waste of time if you ask me lol all she done was feel my tummy take my BP and gave me the pill took all of 5mins.

My OH says he wants us to be married before Lyra starts school :thumbup:

He has obviously realised he has been acting like a tool, football was on last night and he didnt go out, have his mates round or even drink any beer :yipee: xx

You lucky lass, wish id just be asked the question haha

So I've just found out how much my mum cares about her children. She has been evicted from our family home for not paying rent, council changed the locks, my little sister had to phone them up to let her in to get some stuff. My mum said she doesn't care about anything in the house, all our childhood pictures, birth certificates, precious keepsakes she will never get back, she doesn't want any of it. She hasn't seen me or lyra in over a month even though she is living at her boyfriends just up the road. :nope:

Try not and let it get to you, im sure your doing a fab job with Lyra, Do you no why she hasnt seen you n Lyra for so long or is she just not that intrested. My mum see's Eva at least 3-4 times a week good thing is tho she no's not to try n tell me what to do MIL is another story tho :growlmad::finger:

Shes just not interested :( She was full of promises when she was born about how she was going to be a better nana to Lyra than her mum was to me (only saw her couple of times a year, got ignored for most birthdays and christmases) but she has only seen her twice since we got home. OH's mum only sees her about once a week but she works and is quite busy and phones up to see how she is if she cant see her. My dad sees her at least twice a week. xx

im sure your doing a great job on your own, but im sure youd like her to be in yours and of course lyras life have you spoken to her about seeing you both?

Anybodies baby teething yet, my baby is cutting a tooth already (i can clearly see lol)

poor little thing is suffering, bongela and calpol to the ready, he is only 11 weeks, bless him..

Anyone else?

Hey welcome :D Eva has had rosie red cheeks for w hile now and last night she was really grumpy so i hand a feel in her mouth, god i got ashock i can feel 4 sharp lumps at the top n 3 at the bottum bless her, so i put some teething gel on and she settled.

I got her the pink play mat today well pleased with it, price cut in sainsburys if anyone is looking one they have it in blue aswell :thumbup:

ive only just found this :blush:

oscar jacob alex was born on 10th dec weighing 8lb 12

i bought oscar a teething necklace today because archie had 2 teeth at 11 weeks and 2 days and as soon as i put an amber teething necklace on the teethng syptoms eased

amber releases a vapour which is a natural analgesic and immune system booster am not sure exactly how it works but it does xx

Morning all! My OH is being a good boy now, he went to watch Salford Reds play last night, came straight home despite his mates trying to convince him otherwise. He got invited to a houseparty, 3 different pubs AND his mates asked if they could come round but he said no to everyone :) He bought some beer on our way home from his mums (went there while he watched the match, shes round the corner) and we watched tv together at home. Hes not up yet but at least he wont be in bed all day with a hangover.

He also admitted that he needs new friends with kids since all his are single and on the dole because they are lazy :roll: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->