December IVFers

dogmommy

Reaction score
I'll be doing my first Ivf cycle starting December! Just looking for some buddies :)

Im hoping to cycle right arond then as well. Round 2 for me.

We haven't nailed down a timeline yet, but we are probably going to do a FET around that time as well to TTC #2. My son is from an IVF pregnancy two years ago.

Hi nolimitxox and gingmg!

Nolimitxox will you be doing a short protocol or the long?

Ill be doing a short and AF will be due around Dec 1st as long as my body cooperates.

Gingmg I'm glad ivf worked for you already. Did it work on the first try?

Uhhmmm, Im not sure yet. I sit down with doctor Tuesday, my period is 5 days late already so Im hoping it holds out until tuesdayish so I can literally just start. I did borth control with micro flare lupron for my first cycle and it was a total bust. Im DOR/POA patient.

I see you have endo. Did you have a scope done?

Nolimit I did have a scope done in January. He removed most of the endo and unblocked one of my tubes. We tried timed intercourse with clomid for a few months and no luck. All my blood work before the scope was perfect then last month he checked again and my fsh is now elevated so he doesn't know if I'll respond well or not.

Do you have endometriosis?

Nolimit I did have a scope done in January. He removed most of the endo and unblocked one of my tubes. We tried timed intercourse with clomid for a few months and no luck. All my blood work before the scope was perfect then last month he checked again and my fsh is now elevated so he doesn't know if I'll respond well or not.

Do you have endometriosis?

No but I have very painful periods and was checked. I had a partially blocked tube **pregnancy mentioned going forward** and after my doctor unblocked it I ended up pregnant on my own the following cycle. I waited 4 months after my miscarriage to go to IVF (honestly, if it wasnt for the lack of time with my disagnosis I dont think Id be trying IVF) and my FSH has also jumped up. Your doctor will want to take that fsh again. Every cycle is different and high fsh, unless there is an under laying issue, will usually return back to normalin a cycle or two (from my experience). In the last year Ive had fsh as low at 6 and as high as 16. It wasnt until month to month of 13s and 14s I was offically a DOR patient omw to POF. Thaf happened January of last year. Sometimes our cycles are so out of whack just because of something stressful. Visit your fsh next month and see what it comes back at :) the good news for you is that endo has been proven to be a treatable road block. Key word is treatable. Who knows about how easy it will be. Will you go back to your doctor for a final fsh before stims are ordered?

Nolimit I didn't know that about fsh. He never mentioned redrawing it. He's already given me a protocol and my meds have been ordered. He cycles a group each month but the deadline is tomorrow for this cycle so ill fall in the next group. We completely skipped iui as he didn't think it would work for us. I'm so sorry for your loss. How long have you been TTC?

Nolimit I see you're from illinois too! What part?

Well that makes a lot of sense then!!! If the deadline is tomorrow then he would, as you told me via pm, already have ordered a med list for you :) I'm assuming, if your clinic is like mine, they'll still have you come in on the cd 3 for fsh, lh, prog, est. and to check your follicle count. My RE's office calls me that afternoon, reads down the list of results, explains how it will affect the cycle (good or bad) and then we decide that day if we want to move forward or not. In fact, my clinic gives us 3 or 4 options to convert to IUI or timmed intercourse based on how the cycle progressed. FSH is tricky. One elevated FSH doesn't mean much, so at this point I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Hi, not quite sure when I am starting IVF again. We are doing a FET either Dec or Jan.
Our first one was successful however we lost our son at 21 weeks in September, so going to try again.

Hoping we all have a great lead up and successful IVF transfer!

Nice to meet all of you- really really sorry to read about your losses. Can't imagine how difficult that is. Hope everyone is successful in their cycle.

Today is CD 1- starting the workup in order to move forward. Hope my labs check out ok, haven't had anything tested in a few years. Yes, we were successful in our first IVF cycle, hoping for the same with the FET, but we will see.

Myshelsong welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss. I think this is going to be a lucky thread!

Gingmg good luck with your blood work. Keep us posted!

Keeping our fingers crossed!
Does anyone know what there protocol is going to be yet?

Keeping our fingers crossed!
Does anyone know what there protocol is going to be yet?

I will find out Tuesday!! Either way, I just started my periid for my precycle. Im really hoping for an estrogen priming protocol. Im hoping my doctor can give me some insight and support the information I found, or at least tell me why I would not be ideal. Not sure what to expect. But I will know more in 3 short days.

My paper says ganirelix/cetrotide protocol. The drugs I have coming are menopur, follistim, hcg, antibiotics and baby aspirin. I go in on day 2 or 3 of my December period (expecting it Dec 1)

My paper says ganirelix/cetrotide protocol. The drugs I have coming are menopur, follistim, hcg, antibiotics and baby aspirin. I go in on day 2 or 3 of my December period (expecting it Dec 1)

Hcg, is that for trigger or are you doing low dose hcg?

I do a trigger shot 35 hours before egg retrieval and then I do a shot after transfer. Suppose to help with implantation they say?

Yeah, boosters they call them. I was just curious. Did your doctor explain why he put you on the protocol he did? (Or she! Haha)

Nolimit I didn't really get an explanation from the nurse. I'm guessing bc of the endo. The nurse kept saying we're not sure how you'll respond bc I've never done injectables. I know I had to sign paperwork bc we are going to ICSI and assisted hatching as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->