December IVFers

Dogmommy- that's awesome!! I had similar results with my first round of Follistim. FX'd for good results Friday!!

My ER is tomorrow. I have 14 follies but about 7 of them are on the cusp of being mature. RE had me take one last Follistim injection last night before my 2 trigger shots hoping the follies that are 13-15 will grow in time. E2 today is 1646. Hoping to have at least 8 mature eggs and that they all fertilize. I'll know total # retrieved tomorrow. And total fertilized Friday.
I'm 44. And while we've already conceived 5 times since I turned 41 I'm not optimistic any of my eggs are healthy as I always mc. But there's a first time for everything right!

Sophie2015- I guess we are cycle buddies but I'm doing a freeze all cycle!

My egg retrieval is tomorrow also and I also have apx 14 eggs too, E2 was 1800 2 days ago and most of mine were close to 20. Best of luck!

Wow those are great numbers ladies, good luck on retrieval!

Welcome all!! More the merrier!!!

Letsgo, congrats on the FET approval, gotta be exciting. What are you doing to prep yourself for December transfer?
!

Thanks, Nolimit. Compared to IVF protocols, I have not done much! I have been taking Estrace for about 10 days, increasing dosage from 2 mg to 12. Lining check today was good enormous go to proceed. Tomorrow begins the fun. I am with a new clinic than last time, so I don't know if the med change is due to the FET or clinic, since we aren't doing what worked for me last time :wacko:

Tomorrow I start progesterone in oil injections. I haven't done intramuscular before so I am a bit anxious. Then Friday I add in more progesterone via suppository. So much progesterone!

Quindalyn- I'm so jealous of your 20s!! My RE won't let mine grow that big. He triggers when lead follicle is 18. Sigh. Mine will also be a FET because we are only doing IVF to do PGS. Good luck tomorrow!!

Letsgo- Excited for you! FX'd everything goes according to plan!!

That is weird, my biggest one like 24 when I triggered last time. Most of the others were between 16&22 but still, why won't he let them get bigger?

That is weird, my biggest one like 24 when I triggered last time. Most of the others were between 16&22 but still, why won't he let them get bigger?

He says they overcook. I've read where other clinics do the same thing but then there are just as many who let them grow into the 20s. I wish he'd let mine grow because then my 13-15s might have been closer to 18. Even if they'd waited til Friday to do ER.

Quin and sophie good luck at your retrievals!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Good luck letsgo! I've heard the progesterone oil is rough but there's some tips online that may help!

Cycle day one for me, just called the clinic so waiting to hear back!
Hoping we can do the investigation cycle this month so that we can do the FET next month.

Bad news. They couldn't access my R ovary. Only retrieved 2 eggs. Pretty much zero chance those 2 will be healthy and survive. Devastated.

Bad news. They couldn't access my R ovary. Only retrieved 2 eggs. Pretty much zero chance those 2 will be healthy and survive. Devastated.

No freaking way!?!?! :cry:

Hiw did that happen?! Its so devesating and im so sorry :( we will get through this together! Vent away! Dont give up hope on the two that did make it. Im in the same boat, we only need one right? (How sick are you of hearing that? I am.).

Again im so sorry Sophie :hugs:

Sophie I am so sorry. I honestly can't imagine the frustration. Big big hugs to you. I am not ready to give up hope for you, fingers crossed the ones they got were mature enough and will fertilize.
Will you try to bd since those follicles are coming anyways?

Hi ladies. I'm beyond sad and frustrated. Of the 8 they anticipated I had mature they could only retrieve 2. Not sure what happened with the remaining 5 on my L side. As for my R ovary, I've had AT LEAST 50 ultrasounds at this clinic plus 3 SIS's and an HSG. No one has ever mentioned my R ovary is inaccessible. We might not have spent all this money if we'd known that as my R ovary has always been my dominant one.
As for BD. Huge fight on the way home. Because my issue isn't conception but is recurrent loss. And at least 2 of those were due to faulty chromosomes it's highly likely any embryo that implants will not be healthy. Combine that with my recent history of hemorrhaging post d&c then the PE in my L lung 10 days later and another unhealthy pregnancy is dangerous for me. However I can't give up the hope that one of the likely remaining 6 eggs could be healthy. So after many heated words, and as bad as I felt, we BD'd as soon as we got home. I'm to the point I don't care if trying to conceive a child kills me. My husband is ready to quit however because he's afraid of losing me. And I understand that. But I can't give up on those few remaining eggs. What if?!

Hi all! My retrieval was complicated; it took twice as long as they planned because my wondering right ovary has moved further behind my uterus and a nurse had to push down on me in order to get access to it. I'm in a world of pain but they were able to get 20 eggs total.

Sophie2015- I'm so sorry, when will they officially give you a report on the egg quality?

Quindalyn- I'll know tomorrow. But I'm fairly certain none of my two will fertilize. They pretty much told us today we have zero chance. Interesting your R ovary is hard to get to as well. Wish they'd tried to get to mine like they did yours. FX'd for you!

Sophie- I'll hold out hope until tomorrow. And my right ovary has always been my problem ovary because it's squished itself behind my uterus, and because of the stimming moved itself "further down below the uterus" according to the doctor; so they "really mashed down" to get access. I definitely feel mashed. Due to the odd location they were never able to get a clear picture during ultrasounds and told me they weren't sure if they would be able to harvest from it. I've named it Nessy because of it's illusive nature.

I am glad you decided to bd Sophie. I know it is a difficult situation, but it is the best you could do given the circumstances. I am sorry they couldn't retrieve more.

Quin- wow great numbers, hopefully you will get some great embryos to chose from for transfer!

Afm cd1 and starting our investigations cycle on Saturday. Also have a meeting with my Dr to talk about th FET and what we have to do since we had a still born in September. Keeping my fingers crossed we will do the transfer in early January!!

I just got my fertilization report and 8 of the 20 fertilized!

Wahoo Quindalyn!!! Fingers crossed those beauties keep on going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->