December IVFers

Good luck on transfer day! Are you transferinf one or two embryos?
Congrats on almost being PUPO!

Nolimit I did have a scope done in January. He removed most of the endo and unblocked one of my tubes. We tried timed intercourse with clomid for a few months and no luck. All my blood work before the scope was perfect then last month he checked again and my fsh is now elevated so he doesn't know if I'll respond well or not.

Do you have endometriosis?

ME ME ME - both tubes are blocked with it - if i don't laugh I might cry... Been fighting for a diagnosis for 3-4 years. Nothing prepared me for it though and my OH won't talk about it - because he would rather cross that bridge when he gets to it!

Sorry to jump in - have just been told i will need IVF so trying to read as much as i can to start as soon as i can, got an appointment coming through for 8 weeks from last friday... This thread looks safe enough to talk to people that know about it/grieve.

I don't even know what a short cycle is and a long one :shrug: I am sure I will soon enough.

Off to read some more of your thread...

as i suspected... I know nothing about these drugs and cycles but good luck to you all... Sophie I see it says 'pregnant' - hope one of the 2 (or both) are growing nicely in your tummy.

Everyone else... GOOD LUCK for sticky embryo's and short/long cycles and egg retrievals and everything...

I'm in the UK so I am at the mercy of my NHS and not sure how many cycles we will be offered (2 or 3)... Will know more the end of Jan, just have to throw myself in to Christmas I guess!

as i suspected... I know nothing about these drugs and cycles but good luck to you all... Sophie I see it says 'pregnant' - hope one of the 2 (or both) are growing nicely in your tummy.

Everyone else... GOOD LUCK for sticky embryo's and short/long cycles and egg retrievals and everything...

I'm in the UK so I am at the mercy of my NHS and not sure how many cycles we will be offered (2 or 3)... Will know more the end of Jan, just have to throw myself in to Christmas I guess!

Where does it say pregnant?! Lol. I need to fix. I'm not pregnant but I wish I was!! Waiting to find out if either of my 2 grew big enough to be tested for genetics as RE feels my losses are due to chromosomal issues.

Good luck to you!! Don't worry about learning all the drugs and such. There are lots of protocols and most clinics do a great job of walking you through the process.

Where does it say pregnant?! Lol. I need to fix. I'm not pregnant but I wish I was!! Waiting to find out if either of my 2 grew big enough to be tested for genetics as RE feels my losses are due to chromosomal issues.

Good luck to you!! Don't worry about learning all the drugs and such. There are lots of protocols and most clinics do a great job of walking you through the process.

See how to the left of this post it has my username and ttc #1? Yours says 'Pregnant (expecting)'.

Sorry for the mishap! Hope that there are only good things to come from the genetics :thumbup:

I am sure that soon, I will be immersed in all of this and I will know everything about everything..

I will quit smoking after christmas in preparation for IVF giving me enough time to recover from this news (my tummy is still sore)

Interesting. I'm on the mobile version and don't see anything to the left. It must show it on the desktop version and is from my pregnancy last summer I bet. I will fix. Thanks!!

Interesting. I'm on the mobile version and don't see anything to the left. It must show it on the desktop version and is from my pregnancy last summer I bet. I will fix. Thanks!!

Ahhh I am desktop - hence the view :thumbup:

I know it's been a while since I posted, but the timing of my FET has been up in the air. It looks like I will be starting Lupron this weekend with a tentative transfer date of January 9! I am looking forward to getting up to date on everyone's journey.

Jan 9!!! That is soooo soon.
I might be the week after you.

First- the doctor or nurse is you deal with will go through what your protocol will be. Every Clinic has a different protocol. Every person depending on their diagnosis has a different protocol as well. Hopefully they will find one for you that will give you lots of giant follicles. Definitely try to quit smoking Kama I did last year before my IVF. I can't imagine going through withdrawal and the terrible two week wait at the same time. It would take me over the edge

Sophie... When do you hear about your embryos? How are they they doing?

Hello! I realise I'm very late to the conversation but wondered if I could join!

I'm going for EC tomorrow and this is our first IVF cycle! Nervous and could do with some words of wisdom 😄

Anyone else at this stage? Xxx

Myshelsong- I'll know tomorrow. Sooo worried. Nothing has ever gone our way fertility wise. So prepared to hear that neither made it. And if they didn't, because of my age and consecutive losses, we are out of options.

Welcome treasured! I just went through ER 5 days ago. It's also my first (and only) IVF. I have no words of wisdom though. Just stay calm and visualize lots of embies. Easier said than done! FX'd for you!

Treasures. I am not in that stag but was in April, so I know where you are.
My only thing is to stay positive, breath, know you are in good hands and keep up the hope! After the procedure take it easy and have your last drink in celebration for one step done. I also started eating pineapple the day of the collection. I have no idea if anything helped, but it made me feel like I was doing everything I could do. Good luck!!!

FET is done! We had decided to transfer two, as we did that last time and resulted in a singleton. Plus, I am over 40 now so the numbers are less in my favor. First two thawed, one was viable. Thawed next two, only one was viable. So now I am cooking two, in the hopes that at least one digs in tight. Feeling cramps but mostly ok. I've been up since 3:30am from excitement and nerves.

To keep my mind busy I wanted to finish up my online Christmas shopping. Toddler is asleep andmy SO is annoying me by finishing up my champagne that I did not drink before. Time to head to the real computer, and update my profile in case anyone is peeking!

Welcome to the new ladies! Trying to conceive lingo is like learning A new language. Ask questions as you go. Mostly we all have stories and experience to share.

Wow I missed so much the past day! Welcome new ladies!

Firstbaby endo is terrible!! Both tubes :( I'm so sorry. Best of luck with your ivf!!

Melissa it will be here before you know it!!

Sophie I have everything crossed you get some good news tomorrow!

Letsgo congrats on PUPO!

Treasured I'm a couple days behind you Ec is scheduled for Friday. Fingers crossed they collect a bunch of good ones for you!! Let us know how it goes.

Im so behind, Im reading but not responding. Were having some house hunting trouble with banks and contracts so all my so all my time this week has gone to that. I will post again soon!! Im so excited for everyone, everyones got a lot going right now! Good luck with the testing Sophie, cant wait to hear about that tomorrow. Best of luck to all the FETs that happened this month, keep us posted on possible implantation!!

Chat soon ladies!

Wow I missed so much the past day! Welcome new ladies!

Firstbaby endo is terrible!! Both tubes :( I'm so sorry. Best of luck with your ivf!!

Melissa it will be here before you know it!!

Sophie I have everything crossed you get some good news tomorrow!

Letsgo congrats on PUPO!

Treasured I'm a couple days behind you Ec is scheduled for Friday. Fingers crossed they collect a bunch of good ones for you!! Let us know how it goes.

yeah - what made it worse is that I knew, here we are at the mercy of the NHS and a plethora of male GP's... At one point my af totally disappeared amongst other symptoms and he told me 'some women don't have periods' YEAH GOOD ONE. Well, i do - i'm a 28 day-er!!!

Anyway, I can't change that now - just waiting for the start date and whatnot. This is like my 2ww's of days gone by but so so so much worse.

Sophie and Treasured good luck :)

Everyone else - hope today is just dandy.

I feel good cause I washed my hair today :haha: like a warrior (I was only told on Friday i can't have kids)

Letsgo- That is exciting, Two embys already. Congrats on being PUPO

Nolimit - good luck with the banks, that is so annoying.
fingers crossed your embryo is on the grow train as well!

Firstbaby - hearing bad news is always hard to deal with. You are doing the best you can do, and washing your hair is absolutely a good sign. hahaha
Dont lose too much hope, you are still in the race.

AFM - I have my Sono on friday to check my uterus status after my loss, if everything looks good we will be doing the transfer in January. Yahoo!

For the FET Ladies - What days in your cycle did everyone do a FET? I have no idea when they would be doing this

Myshelsong- I just talked to my nurse about our FET protocol and here is what I learned. I will start Lupron around day 21 of my cycle (well, earlier for me since my cycles are short, but that is what most people do). Then when my period starts, I will start estrace. Typically, the transfer is around 20 days later. But, they have a little more flexibility with a medicated FET than IVF and can push that date a little, if needed. Plus, it depends on whether your lining is thickening like it should, etc.

Hi ladies!

Ego collection went really well today, was definitely easier than I thought it would be. I only took about an hour in recovery and it was all really seamless apart from being slightly late. They recovered 8 mature eggs, which I'm quite happy about the consultant said they were all good quality so I'm to call in the morning for fertilisation number. Fingers crossed!

Sophie- thank you, it was definitely not as bad as I thought but there was another lady there who it obviously didn't go as smoothly for. Are you awaiting results from embryo development?

Myshelsong- I've definitely been talking it easy :) luckily not in any pain. OH has been great doing everything for me haha. What stage of the process are you at just now?

Dogmommy - very exciting for Friday! You wI'll be fine! Is this your first IVF? Any idea how many follies you have growing? Does that mean you will trigger tonight then? :)

Hope everyone else is doing good! FXd for everyone xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->