December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

thers a bug going around my DH seems to have gotten it , hes a an interview atm but im preparing for "man flu" when he gets home, i need to sleep something terrible im just not getting enough sleep at the moment even though i seem to have cracked it and can get 4 hours in one block now but after that its almost pointless trying doesnt help its light so early either and that its waking the boys up early

Please take me off the list from the 30th. Thank you. x

So sorry for your loss hun :hugs:

Meet pudding :D
View attachment 215533

They've changed my edd to the 22nd which I don't really see how thats poss....So I'm gonna keep the 25th :) lol.

Hello pudding:happydance: Happy birthday to Elsie too xx

Well Amy has been sick for a week now. Took her to the emergency doc on sunday who said it was a viral infection, but to go back to my own docs if she hasn't improved by today. No change - so cue fight with docs receptionist to get an appt for today:dohh:

I want to breastfeed this baby but im scared cus I tried it with summer but she didnt take to it and she lost loads of weight and MW was telling me if she loses anymore weight they will av to admit her

Elsie lost 11% of her birth weight so we had to stay in bit I stuck to it and it worked out in the end. I wont deny the first six weeks were so, so hard though as Elsie couldn't latch!

I think you should just go with your instincts. Oh and join a bf club straight away for support :)

tell her your want an urgent same day appointment for your child whos very ill and if she wont give you one you want to get a call from the doctor and a home visit

tell her your want an urgent same day appointment for your child whos very ill and if she wont give you one you want to get a call from the doctor and a home visit

Thanks hun - it worked:thumbup: Going in to see doc at 3:20 x

Excellent! Think it was just a nasty bought of MS. Just had a sandwich and feeling a bit better.

I want to breastfeed this baby but im scared cus I tried it with summer but she didnt take to it and she lost loads of weight and MW was telling me if she loses anymore weight they will av to admit her

Elsie lost 11% of her birth weight so we had to stay in bit I stuck to it and it worked out in the end. I wont deny the first six weeks were so, so hard though as Elsie couldn't latch!

I think you should just go with your instincts. Oh and join a bf club straight away for support :)

MW told me to stop cus summer was born small at 6lb 10 she lost to about 5lb 4 i was in tears all the time cus i thought i was doing something wrong but summer just wasnt sucking hard enough to get it properly :(

Thanks hun - it worked:thumbup: Going in to see doc at 3:20 x

no worries hun, sometimes you gotta know how to put things to get things done lol its like doctors receptionist are trained only to read off a script sometimes

MW told me to stop cus summer was born small at 6lb 10 she lost to about 5lb 4 i was in tears all the time cus i thought i was doing something wrong but summer just wasnt sucking hard enough to get it properly :(

Its a pity your MW didnt support you with BF support perhaps organizing a pump so at least your LO would get the milk even if it came from a bottle :hugs: EJ lost alot of weight and i had to express for 5 wks and feed him that way so that he gained weight it was down to a posterior tounge tie which he did outgrow but it took till he was nearly 12 wks for him to master BF without tearing my nipples to shreds and getting a good enough latch to get a good flow of milk

MW told me to stop cus summer was born small at 6lb 10 she lost to about 5lb 4 i was in tears all the time cus i thought i was doing something wrong but summer just wasnt sucking hard enough to get it properly :([/QUOT

Its a pity your MW didnt support you with BF support perhaps organizing a pump so at least your LO would get the milk even if it came from a bottle :hugs: EJ lost alot of weight and i had to express for 5 wks and feed him that way so that he gained weight it was down to a posterior tounge tie which he did outgrow but it took till he was nearly 12 wks for him to master BF without tearing my nipples to shreds and getting a good enough latch to get a good flow of milk

Can u pump straight away lynnikins?

I tried that and she still wasnt putting the weight on so obviously my milk wasnt gud enough :(

Elsie was only 5 lbs 10.5oz and went down to just under 5lbs. I was expressing and cup feeding her and then moved on to expressing and giving it in a bottle. It took the next 6 weeks to teach her to latch but it worked out :)
Defo join some support groups next time as they are so helpful! I had a lovely hv too so I was lucky.

Wish i carried it on now but it was like i didnt av any support except MW making me feel so stressed cus of it

yes you can but they dont advise it as some babies can get nipple confusion from having a bottle as it just pretty much pours the milk into their mouth rather than on the breast where they have to suck, i hand expressed most of the colustrum for ds1 in the hospital and he was syringe fed then when my milk came in i expressed using the hospital pumps a bit till i was able to hold him and feed him myself , with ds2 i didnt express till nearly 3wks then i gave in caus i was so sore from damage to my nipples caus of his toungetie, thing was the MW's did check him for a tounge tie but not a posterier one so it was missed and he looked like he was latched right and was defo getting some milk just not enough for him

I tried that and she still wasnt putting the weight on so obviously my milk wasnt gud enough :(

hun im sorry they made you feel your milk wasnt good enough, bf babies esp when born little need lots of little feeds like 12+ times in 24 hours caus they have small tummys and digest the milk quickly so its a tiring business keeping up with that demand in the first weeks esp if you dont have a good support network. :hugs: we will be here for you this time to help in whatever we can but i would try to find some community BF support in your area who you can call in for one to one advise if you have troubles

yes you can but they dont advise it as some babies can get nipple confusion from having a bottle as it just pretty much pours the milk into their mouth rather than on the breast where they have to suck, i hand expressed most of the colustrum for ds1 in the hospital and he was syringe fed then when my milk came in i expressed using the hospital pumps a bit till i was able to hold him and feed him myself , with ds2 i didnt express till nearly 3wks then i gave in caus i was so sore from damage to my nipples caus of his toungetie, thing was the MW's did check him for a tounge tie but not a posterier one so it was missed and he looked like he was latched right and was defo getting some milk just not enough for him

I see I was wondering could u just pump not breastfeed I kno it sounds stupid!

hun im sorry they made you feel your milk wasnt good enough, bf babies esp when born little need lots of little feeds like 12+ times in 24 hours caus they have small tummys and digest the milk quickly so its a tiring business keeping up with that demand in the first weeks esp if you dont have a good support network. :hugs: we will be here for you this time to help in whatever we can but i would try to find some community BF support in your area who you can call in for one to one advise if you have troubles

I live in a different area no than wot i did when summer was born. Im gonna talk to my MW at my 16 weeks appointment

I see I was wondering could u just pump not breastfeed I kno it sounds stupid!
You can but I found it far more demanding than Bfing as you need to keep to a pumping schedual really whereas with BFing you go along with what baby wants. I found I would be up between 2-3 for an hour expressing when LO and OH were sleeping just so I had enough for LOs next feed. Whereas when I was feeding directly if LO slept in...so did I!! :happydance:

Lynn - I only found out when Elsie was 10 months she had a top lip tie which would have made it really hard for her to latch :dohh: They looked for tongue tie and were surprised when she didn't have one as the roof of her mouth is extremely high which is aparently linked?!

I live in a different area no than wot i did when summer was born. Im gonna talk to my MW at my 16 weeks appointment

Thats a good idea. Really hope you get the help and support you need this time around...but if you don't we're always here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->