December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

yeah if i dont get what i want from this consultant im gonna request to change

my consultant is caus i have big babies lol ds1 was just under 4.5 kg by about 50gms lol and ds2 was almost 4.9 Kg so they want me to have growth scans to check on baby caus they might want to deliver me early

:dance:

https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/Jenniefaerie/IMAG0369.jpg

Though my tummy is killing! Baby really didn't want NT done! Any guesses girls?

No idea on the scan, sorry. Isnt it annoying that they dont even try and look at the nub. I know its pretty inaccurate but they could at least try!

If you dont like the consultant youre seeing they usually have a team of plebs under them, you might be able to see one of those who you get on with better if its just a case of not liking them. They will take their lead from the consultant tho so if you werent happy with your care then thats a different story.

So I had another appointment yesterday! BP normal, as usual. Doc gave me a prescription for an anti-biotic. Says the headaches are caused by Sinusitis and the anti-biotic should get rid of it. Whether or not it will come back after I'm done taking the medication, only time will tell. :shrug:

Also... Got to hear the heartbeat!!! :cloud9: I've seen it twice during scans, but that was the first time I've heard it! He found it right away, I was so amazed. He joked that finding the heartbeat so quick is a sign of a compliant baby... :haha: I guess we'll see!! I also didn't realize that my uterus is already almost under my belly button.... No wonder my pants don't fit!! :haha:

On another note, DD, who had an appointment at the same time, has to see an ENT to remove ear wax from her ears, then have a hearing test. Also, to check the size of her adenoids because her nose is so stuffy and she snores so much. Large Adenoids = removal of adenoids AND tonsils.... Yikes!! But I'll worry about that when I have to.

had the scan today all was ok, posted them under nub guesses :happydance: due date has changed to the 19th december

Anyone having a doula? Mines coming round in half an hour, hope we get on!

I'm planning on a doula. I've got an appointment planned for a couple of weeks, just waiting for her to confirm.

Are you having private gender scans? I think I'll book one after my 20w anomaly scan if they can't tell there. Feels like a looooong time to wait til 20 but will have loads of scans after 20 so just gotta go through a quiet time hehe

I've seen there's £65 4d scans in some areas. My local private place is £200 tho!

Yes having a private gender scan they do them from 16+ weeks and here it's £79. They can tell at your 20week one, it's same as any scan really always depends on how baby is laying and if cooperative lol :) x

If they can't tell sex at 20w would they tell me at later scans? Think next one would be 28w. Long time to wait tbh but not sure if I can get dh to fork out for another private scan

When i went for my scan when pregnant with summer she wasnt keeping still and they wasnt sure they would be able to tell the sex and they told me that if they couldnt tell then they would book me in 2 weeks later

I'm planning on a doula. I've got an appointment planned for a couple of weeks, just waiting for her to confirm.

Oh lovely :) hope you get on well. Mines a shiatsu practitioner too which I like the idea of. Anything to stop the drs getting their hands on me unnecessarily. Shes a trainee but ex midwife so I reckon would have enough experience.

Did you interview loads? They say they like you to but I emailed a few and didn't get the right vibe. This one just looks perfect

i made the mistake of looking at the bugaboo today... now wishing i hadn't

Where did you get your doulas from? I'm comtemplating a twin homebirth so might have to get an independent midwife but looking into doulas too. Where do you start?

cranberry id love a doula but i really cant afford it ive considered doing the training but wound up pregnant again but its something i'll re-consider after this baby is born,

I found mine on https://doula.org.uk/ The trainees are around £200 which usually includes two antenatal visits, the birth (on call two weeks before and after EDD) and two post natal visits for BF support and general crying on shoulder stuff.

Theres also a thread on here called Home Births and Hopefuls, lots of lovely ppl in there - worth joining just so you can learn from ppl going through it now. I had problems finding a doula but managed to get a local contact through advice from that thread.

Why would you need an Inde MW because of the Twin birth? Bit ignorant here about that sort of thing. Id imagine if you need two MW because of two babies then the NHS would provide you with that. The PCT have a responsibility to send someone to you for a HB whether they agree with your decision or not. Might have to argue with them a bit but a doula can help you with that. Ill have a Doula and a MW if I have a HB. Not 100% decided and its still early so I might still need a medical birth, I might have high blood pressure or blood sugar or any number of things could change.

I just finished meeting my doula and shes great, I told her how I want my birth to go down and she was totally supportive of my wish to have a non medical procedure. Shes a shiatsu practitioner too and theres things she can do to help the process along after 36w, pressure points etc, also during the birth theres points to make contractions stronger and all that. Loving it. Am well up for a yoga/shiatsu/water birth. All being well that is!

It does sound like a nice job to do but I cant see how they make any money. I mean shes on call for an entire month for £350. Im sure she can do other things in that time but she cant be on call for more than one birth. I suppose its more of a calling than a money making exercise tho.

Are you having private gender scans? I think I'll book one after my 20w anomaly scan if they can't tell there. Feels like a looooong time to wait til 20 but will have loads of scans after 20 so just gotta go through a quiet time hehe

I've seen there's £65 4d scans in some areas. My local private place is £200 tho!

No, this is through my regular OBGYN. It's only my 2nd u/s since my dating u/s at 8 weeks. I'm ready to see the baby again and how much it has grown. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->