December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

good afternoon ladies hope we are all keeping well, i'm cracking on with the housework today, its tiring me out but it needs done so badly

i got a little lie down , my housework needs doing badly lol not done anything since monday other than the dishes lol probably caus ive been feeling horrible since monday lol

I still get my head aches all the time feels most painful at back of my right eye and onto of my head :( my consultant said that nothing to worry about and to take codeine and if no better in 4 weeks see GP about migrane meds so seehow it goes linnikin it does get you so down tho I know x

I am STARVING!!! All I want to do is eat....but then I feel sick after....then I want to eat again!! :haha:

Well im waiting to hear to see if i can get a private gender scan at my local hospital or close to. Hopefully will know if i av it for that date in the next few days. My OH is gonna kill me lol

Tigger, I know how you feel! I've had 5 migraines just in the past 10 days. My doctor didn't waste any time getting me a prescription for it tho, so that's helping me function like a human lol.

nichole its good your doctor got you sorted quickly.

after a bit of a rest this morning and again a short rest this afternoon im feeling loads better and DH has annouced i dont have to cook tonight either so im in a good mood, pity the boys arent in such great ones lol

Yay, a break from cooking is always nice! Glad you're feeling better too.

well done on your OH for spoiling you Lynn

i really should bring the washing off the line, but just feel so sick when i stand up

has everybody had their dating scan then

I guess they do things more differently in the US then in other locations, but could someone explain what a dating scan is? Is it literally where they tell you the est. due date? And I've heard you have to wait quite a while for it? If that's what it is, my doctor did that on my first visit (which he likes to do around 6 weeks). Doesn't mean he won't change it later, lol, but so far it's stayed the same.

dating scan is an ultrasound to check you due date and that everything looks ok

When they do the dating scan varies, some get it early if theres any complications/previous problems but a standard pregnancy has it around 12w, some also have the NT scan at the same time then.

My dating scan was literally measure the bubs then look on a graph. They did a few more measurements probably to check for seriously obvious abnormalities, but it was pretty basic just because theres not much to see at 8w.

Shattered from work today, felt like there was NO air in the room all day. Lunch was provided as it was a training course, but it was all sliced meat sandwiches which I dont trust now. Have no way of knowing where they got it from. Ended up eating carrot sticks and a banana, starving!

Ordered DH a mug with 12w scan pic on and it arrived today, its so cwute!

It kind of sounds like what my doctor calls the anatomy scan. They check all of baby's measurements (including organs) to make sure developmentally he/she's on track. That one, for me is in 2 weeks, so 14 weeks along. I dunno. Everything is so different!

When I went for my dating scan at 13+5, the tech asked me if the doctor told me why I was getting it done since I knew my LMP. I said I wasn't sure as he knew my dates, but she said that more and more doctors are just doing a dating scan now as common practice, but apparently they never used to.

I can't wait to have my gender scan! I won't have the date until after June 5th (my next appointment), but it'll be before the end of July!

yeah it is when they confirm the EDD, its normally done as part of the Nuchal scan which is done between 11-13wks in the UK or if you decline the NT testing then they just label it as a Dating scan on your notes we can get private ones from 8ish weeks here for Dating purposes but we have to pay for them.

on the NHS most trusts now offer the NT scan to check for downs syndrome signs check the brain and measure baby for dates, then we all get a 20ish week Anomoly scan where they check everything is ok with baby otherwise like liver, stomach, lungs etc.... and most trusts still offer to tell you the gender but not all at this scan, all other scans are only for medical or they are private and we have to pay for them

My trust didnt used to offer any dating scans nor NT scans (and even now the NT are only for twins and diabetics) so you had to wait til 20w! Id go insane waiting that long.

When i had my dating scan all they did was scan me measure baby. I thought they took bloods but no. I had bloods taken with summer which i thought was for the downs syndrome but i guess its to late now

I t hink they take the bloods up to 15 weeks? Call your MW :)

Well i went for my dating/nt scan today and everything is fine. Theyve given me a new due date of the 11th dec instead of the 13th , but as i will have to have a c section it will probably be the week before anyway :) I came back armed with iron tablets unfortunatley and was told ive got something called Thalassaemia but its nothing to worry about. Here`s a pic of Baby Peachy bum,any gender guesses?

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=218512&stc=1&d=1307646943

Attachments

• 248757_10150215200123394_765998393_7098904_7823711_n.jpg
    248757_10150215200123394_765998393_7098904_7823711_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79