December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

if i have a large glass of water before leaving home then by the time my bus gets to the hospital 40min later my bladder is gonna be full lol i normally have to pee 30-45 min after one of our big cups of water

maybe it just depends on the place and thier equipment? Now that I remember, I went to two different places for my 9 and 12 weeks scans, one was a bit more "high tech" than the other.

For my 12 week I got to see baby on this huge 42" flat screen, while the other I only saw the same small monitor that's connected to the scan machine.

The my my bladder is at the min i dont think ill av to drink water lol

Gosh! Everyone finding out the sex of their LOs makes me want to change from team yellow!!!

me and DH were talking this morning and if we move house ( the possibility only came up yesterday but would save us heaps if we did move as would take whole 2 zones off DH's travel card each week and save me in bus fare as id be able to walk to everywhere ) even with the increase in rent theres a HB increase too as property in the new area is more expensive so they subsidse more and we would get a 3 bed rather than 2 bed house

but anyway what i was trying to get to is that we are now considering having this baby at home ( if we move to this new house )

Be strong Tannembaum - we're most likely staying :yellow: too and I could use some encouragement as now that DH has agreed not to find out I kinda want to know... It's so exciting watching everyone find out but I'm going to try to stay strong and keep it a surprise til the end.

ohhhh a home birth, how exciting!

just 2 weeks till my scan starting to get excited now

im just feeling like it would be easier with the boys to have a homebirth they could get woken up to meet baby ( i tend to labor in the night Nate was born 2.45am and EJ 6.58am )
so the boys would most likely be asleep and im pretty quiet in labor too

is it a owned property or rented can i ask... just not sure how some landlords would take it

im so scared of a home birth even though im on my 3rd hahaha so opted for a hospital birth again,i know im a wimp plus i think i can be loud in labour so prob give dd n ds nightmares hahaha,just wondering as well if my nub and skull guesses have all be girls what is the % of it being right as im kinda getting my hopes up for a girl but dont want to if it could only be 50% right,dont want sound ungratefull either as ive had 2 mcs to get here so as long as bump is healthy thats all that matters but im thinking of bump being a girl already n talk to it as her n she all the time hahaha x x

My hsband would never agree to a home birth. He's pretty tramatized from the birth of our daughter. My BP went up so they had to induce me 6 weeks early and put me on an extra IV during delivery, plus our daughter had the cord around her neck and then she had to stay in hospital for a week. I had to stay and extra day beyond the typical 48hrs b/c they did not want to release me untill my BP dropped.

So I guess we both feel safer at a hospital with doctors and emergency equipment readily avilable.

i dont think the landlord has anything to do with it tbh, its your private place and you can do whatever you like, ofc if you flooded the place with the pool or got muck all over a carpet then youd have to clean it up/pay the same as if you had a party and trashed the place. but in this situation youre gonna have plastic sheeting down so easier to clean up. also youll have a mw there, just give her the hoover and make her feel useful.

is it a owned property or rented can i ask... just not sure how some landlords would take it
this place is rented and the new place will be too but the new landlords are friends kinda they go to our church and would be more concernd that i was happy and comfortable than if i had the baby on the living room floor, and you dont have to tell your Landlord either they cant stop you

my DH had always ruled it out too but he is more open to it, i practically had ds2 on my own anyway the mw had to get the student to deliver him as she didnt have her own gloves on lol and i labored on my own the whole time too

ahh thats good then, i know my mums landlord is a complete **** and i doubt he'd allow anything like that due to the risk of mess etc

hope you get your homebirth

I had read on BnB to drink plenty of water before my 12w ultrasound but hadn't heard any special instructions from the doctor. I drank most of a bottle of water on the way to the appt and then sat in the waiting room for a good hour and a half before they called us in (I really had to go at this point). Upon putting the wand on my stomach, the tech immediately said that my bladder was too full and I needed to empty it before we could continue. She pointed out how baby was squished between my bladder and the uterus wall and said that she wouldn't be able to get proper measurements (I've since recognized lots of similarly squished babies in ultrasound pics on BnB). She told me to just let it all out and not try to pee halfway or anything.

When I came back from the restroom, we were able to see baby swim around and do somersaults, something that would have been impossible with a full bladder.

I have my next ultrasound on Thursday. I'm not planning on any extra water intake this time. I guess maybe different offices have different equipment. Definitely call and ask the nurses at your doctor's office if you should drink up before the scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->