December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

I just told my DH Im having a home birth, Im the one who has to do the work after all, he wasnt keen but was like ok then dear. Then I told him all the advantages and he was a bit more positive. Then we met my Doula and he was more sold. Then we watched The Business of Being Born and he was in.

I think it just took him a bit more time to come round to the idea as he hadnt done the research about the risks of interventions and benefits of staying in your own calm environment.

My MIL is like (every time i see her >< ) oo well your SIL needed a c section. We do have things called ambulances now you know?! Silly woman, she went to a MW led unit which is exactly the same as HB, just if you stain the carpet you dont care.

lol my OH is on board with Natural birthing he just wanted the security of the hospital he would 100% fight my corner on interventions in the hospital and did with ds2 a bit

everything theyll do will be exactly the same as in the hospital (if they leave you alone that is) just if there are any complications you have to be transferred. not rly much to it. having a dedicated mw is gotta be a bonus rather than them being frazzled from looking after loads of women.

but you gotta birth where you feel calmest, no point having a hb if youre panicing about it, defies the point.

My sister has a birth go very wrong so hospital birth for me! In fact I'm going to a hospital further away as there's no consultant at my local unit.

I would love a homebirth but my last labour went very wrong so I would be too scared this time. But I am going to push for a water birth and I will NOT be constantly monitored like I know they will want (going for a VBAC)

I av been thinking about a water birth is it to late to tell the midwife if i decide to av that

My MW explained to me all about the examinations she'll do every 2-3 hrs, i didnt say anything but she can keep her hands to herself tbh. Im staying in the pool once im there and not getting out just so she can see how much longer shes gotta work for. Even before Im not having a VE unless I need it to stay posititve. I just dont see the point - any MW whos any good can tell what stage Im in, finding out im 1cm after 18 hrs of labour isnt going to do anyone any good, as long as we're not in any distress then I dont see that its going to be useful information

a friend is having a vbac, shes realised that means she has to push bubs out her fouf hehe and is getting a bit worried about a big baby i think now :)

you can tell them your birthing choices on the day if you like, you most likely wont be able to prebook a water birth anyway but you can tell them if you like.

oh my christ, my bump has literally exploded this week. ive been ravenous and not gained any weight (also blood sugar is fine as per so its not that) - think its all gone into making baby nice and chubby. Have a nice round bump now rather than fat splodge semi bump!

Can't believe I'm 20 weeks tomorrow I will deff have my little boy here in at least 19 weeks :) i got a propper baby bump now and can't believe how much he kicks me kept me up loads last night kicking :)

How is everyone else? It's gone very quiet on here lately x

last night I pulled out pictures of my bump when I was preggo with my daughter at 18 weeks and my belly looks completely different. With her I was small and low. Right now as you can see <---- I'm higher and round.

My daughter is already 15 years old so all this feels like the 1st time all over again!!

I have my OB appointment tonight afterwork then I'll be able to schedule my scan tomorrow for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->