December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

lol its all about tricking them into wanting to do it all for you lol

Aw bless! Mine too, we hit the 7 years together mark on Friday (day after V-day too) and he's a star lol. ATM he's doing all the cooking, all the cleaning, and even helping me put my socks on lol! I feel like such an invalid! We went to a couple of shops yesterday and he dropped me off at the doorway before parking and left just before me so he could pick me p at the door too.. bless him lol!

ok time to crack on and do something gotta figure out dinner for the boys caus OH is on a late then driving his dad to the airport hotel for the night so wont be back early at all so im on my own with the boys

Hey girls, I've my next midwife appointment today...felt like ages away after I had my 20 week scan! I'm going to have her head wrecked with questions about what will happen if it looks like I'm going to go overdue as I know the hospital will have a skeleton crew on over the Christmas/New Year's period. I know it really shouldn't bother me but I'm a bit concerned about it and need her to put my mind at rest! I've had terrible heartburn this past week too, only in the evenings though but if I remember correctly from last time round it didn't go away until baby dropped and I've heard that can happen way later in subsequent pregnancies...yay...not! Hope everyone else is ok! Has anyone thought about baby names yet? DH and I haven't even discussed it! With our first we had a list and all made by this stage but its only just dawned on me now that I've not given it any thought whatsoever this time round...xoxo

how did it go hun? we are having a lazy evening here caus we went out this afternoon and had a late lunch and trip to the park. were supposed to drive down to Kent to sort the car stuff but couldnt caus FIL didnt get us the info we needed in time to make it down before the place closed

The midwife appt went well Lyn! Finally got to hear the heartbeat too and its 142bpm, not sure what that means but I just have a feeling its a girl...could be totally wrong though! I quizzed her about what will happen if I go overdue this time and she said I wouldn't be booked in for induction until the 2nd January!!! WTF!! That's 12 days over...not 10! I think she seen I was a bit upset about this though as she immediately said that it won't come to that this time and they'll give me an extra sweep so I'll be going in on the 23rd for a sweep and also the 30th Dec...if I do go overdue I hope the first sweep will be enough to kickstart things...flip who knows it could be a Christmas baby afterall at this rate! Sounds like you had a really busy day Lyn, when is your next midwife appointment? xo

Question: Do you go earlier with second babies or is that a pile of crap? I've been told that you tend to go earlier but then I was also told it depends on your first baby and if they were overdue you'll probably go overdue with the second...I'm sorry for wrecking heads here but it's wrecking mine and a problem shared is a problem halved!! :) XO

my second arrived 2 days ealier than my first lol but i was induced when in very early stage labour with him which probably sped things up both were overdue

Question: Do you go earlier with second babies or is that a pile of crap? I've been told that you tend to go earlier but then I was also told it depends on your first baby and if they were overdue you'll probably go overdue with the second...I'm sorry for wrecking heads here but it's wrecking mine and a problem shared is a problem halved!! :) XO

I hope u dont go in labour earlier with 2nd babies as my first was born at 37+1

Hmmm well from what I've read online it seems to depend on your first baby, if they were overdue you'll prob go overdue and if they were early you'll probably go early...sigh....Guess it could be January at this rate afterall :-( I sooo want a December baby though!! xo

We av got a feeling our son will be born on OHs birthday which is 23rd November and im due 7th December

They say your gut instinct is usually right! At least I hope that's the case as I've a feeling I'll go earlier this time and not need induced! LOL. I decided to treat myself this week and get some new maternity/breastfeeding clothes since I don't have any winter type stuff as my daughter was born in October last year. Ended up spending a small fortune on Seraphine's website and the stuff all arrived today...I am in love with my leopard print dress and think I will refuse to take it off until baby arrives! xo

Haven't really thought about it at all to tell you the truth! I'm not exactly organised this time, saying that my daughter is only 11 months old so we pretty much have everything we need from first time round. We got a jane tandem buggy about a month ago so that's the most urgent stuff taken care off anyway. xo

I don't know that there's any consistent pattern. I know more women who had opposite births (first 2 weeks early, second a week late; first induced at 42 weeks, second 2 weeks early) than I know women who've had a consistent pattern. I dont think when the baby is ready has much bearing on when previous siblings were. :shrug:

We've got the majority of essentials - need a carseat but I think inlaws are buying us that, and we don't have many clothes as theres no point as that's what people always give as gifts. Nothing is organised though lol - it's all just shoved into the second bedroom while we decide what to do for sleeping (ie use bassinet beside the bed or side car the crib for cosleeping).

We do have names chosen though - only one boy name we could agree on, but after our top choice girl name we have two back up options. Middle names are completely settled no matter what though. :thumbup:

Ive had nausea in the evenings , pretty much strikes as i cook the kids dinner lol then i jst cant eat till after 10pm it sucks, been really lightheaded and sore boobs but that will be cause im still bf ds2 this one is a total surprise though

im so unorganized i have nothing ready lol we have most everything we need its just all packed away

We av mostly everything ready we just gotta get stuff out the loft but no rush for that as summer will just run around with it

im pretty ready tbh. I wanted to be ready for 26w so that I didnt have a mad panic about things. also ive got a lot second hand so you have to wait for what comes up

I just bought my pram tho! Got the M&P Urbo elite and all the bits to go with it. head spinning now after an hour (bear in mind this is our hundredth visit to the shop) looking at it. Should come in in around 2 weeks, theyve said I can store it there if I want but Id rather have it tbh so theres no screw ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->