December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

Hi!! I'm due in December as well:happydance: My dates are from the 1st- the 24th:dohh: LOL :wacko:

Hi, Candy! :)

Thanks, Missmayhem! I will definitely give you milk and tea then. :D No sugar. LOL

Mummydeb - I'm only up 1lb from my pre-preg weight at 24 weeks... In first tri I lost 8lbs though so I guess I've put on 9lbs you could say. My GP isn't worried though, and my mom was exactly the same. Baby is growing normally and I'm eating the best I can (not easy though with literally no money to grocery shop...)

:hi: girls!!!

your nursery looks GREAT rocket!! I love the white box organizer things you've got against that back wall - do you think you'll fill them mostly with toys? :haha:

in regards to weight gain, I suppose my 'situation' is a bit different than yous with singletons, however Im happy to say Ive only gained 16lbs so far!! When I was pregnant with my son, I gained 50 lbs total (I seemed to have alot of water retention with him for some reason, where as, not so much this time around), so heres to hoping even with twinnies, I dont quite gain that much.

Just curious if anyones had their glucose tests yet??
My OB knows I was borderline GD last pregnancy, and told me at my last appointment that I most likely will be the same this pregnancy so to watch my sugar, etc (which I have been -- I cant stand the stuff!) so yeah -- do you girls think theres any chance I can dodge the test entirely?? I'm really dreading the thought of having to drink that nasty orange drink!! :sick:
Otherwise, maybe should I just request to do the 3 hour test firsthand rather than do the measily 1hr? Any thoughts?

i hope everyone and their bumps are doing well!
:hugs:

My GTT is on Monday. I've heard lots about the dreaded things, but have yet to experience it for myself. It's only the one hour one though, and first thing in the morning so shouldn't be too bad. I don't have to fast for it, but wondering if I should anyway as I know a few people who failed theirs for simply eating a muffin when they didn't have to fast either (went on to easily pass the 3-hour one, but I don't want to put myself through that one if I don't have to).

WWYD?

My GTT is on Monday. I've heard lots about the dreaded things, but have yet to experience it for myself. It's only the one hour one though, and first thing in the morning so shouldn't be too bad. I don't have to fast for it, but wondering if I should anyway as I know a few people who failed theirs for simply eating a muffin when they didn't have to fast either (went on to easily pass the 3-hour one, but I don't want to put myself through that one if I don't have to).

WWYD?

If it were me, I would skip breakfast simply because I know my body has issues with high sugar intake, so I wouldnt wanna test my luck :)rofl:)- I cant drink a full can of pop, otherwise it upsets my tummy and basically just makes me more thirsty than I was in the first place. If you've seemingly had no problems with such situations, I imagine just eating your regular breakfast wouldnt hurt.... however if your test is early enough in the am and you can manage without it (breakfast), I think I'd skip it just to be sure.

Either way, its not horrid.. Im in Canada so it might be different elsewhere, but they just have you drink an orange fizzy drink thats a little less in amount than a can of pop.... hopefully with some luck, its cold, because when its room temperature well... personally, I cant stand drinks that arent cold! :rofl:

Ours is a 50g bottle of clear something or other. Glucade or some such thing it's called. Some places you get to choose your flavour - I wonder what clear tastes like? :rofl:

I'll probably skip breakfast before I go in then - can usually get away with not eating before 9 (should be done by 9:30). Maybe just have a piece of plain toast so there's something in my tummy but not loaded with sugar.

Hi

If you dont want to do the gtt then just skip it. If you're worried about your sugar levels then you could buy a home monitor and test before and an hour after each meal. A lot of women decide not to do the gtt even if they suspect/know they have gd as once you have the label they start pushing loads of crap on you

morning ladies i hope you all slept well! i have my GT on fridays and already have my lucozade on hand to take in with me (was cheap in asda as well 2 quid for 6 bottles i think it was)

i've sorted out most of LO's wardrobe hung up the NB and 0-3 stuff and am washing the rest of the stuff my mum has donated....... got all emotional over it yesterday, i was that size once.... i slept under that blanket etc, cannot wait to see my LO in my old babygrow's.

what do you need the lucozade for? dont they give you the sugary drink to have?

not all hospitals in the Uk do apparently here they just tip out some of the lucosade then give you the rest to drink nearly made me throw up on monday

so you drink something you bought yourself and then sit there for an hour, why not just send you a testing kit?! silly ppl.

I just picked u my prescription for my horrible drink :(
My last test was awful! I had to fast from 12 the night before I had my first blood test about 9am and had to drink the drink, had my 28week midwife appointment, went home for an hour, went back and had my 2nd blood test, had to see the midwife again to check my bp again, I was then send straight to the day assessment center at the hospital for monitoring as my bp was too high.....I didn't get to eat till tea time!!!!
I'm hoping this one goes smoothly lol.

I had to call my mw and go to the drs today as my bh's have become too frequent and uncomfortable. I have a possible uti and might have to have a trace if they don't calm down!!
But the good news is my bp is only 130/80 :happydance:

mine wasnt too bad this time the wait was the annoying bit and feeling queasy but they got through us in good time was supposed to have my 28wk appointment today but will have to rebook with the MW direct caus we couldnt make it back in time

My glucose test is on Tuesday next week. I remember when I had my son and daughter, I always chose the orange flavored one because it tasted like an overly sweet orange pop. Now, at least here at my doctor, they removed the carbonation from them... I am not sure if I'll choose orange then. There is lime and other flavors as well. It's interesting to see how other locations do the test.

Good job with the BP, tannemaum! :)

Ok I just tried to measure my own fundal height. Unless they measure it from your knees I'm doing it wrong. Couldn't get it to be anywhere near 26 lol! Spose that's one thing which mw are useful for at least

:hi: girls!!!

your nursery looks GREAT rocket!! I love the white box organizer things you've got against that back wall - do you think you'll fill them mostly with toys? :haha:

Thanks. I'm hoping to eventually fill it with toys and books. I'm thinking slide-out tubs of toys on the bottom and books on the top row. DH's family tends to go crazy with gifting toys (if our nephews are any indication) so I'm hoping it's got enough capacity for a few years.

I have my 1 hour GD test next Wednesday morning. I have no clue what flavor they'll have, but they did tell me to be sure to eat breakfast, including some protein if possible.

I think I'm starting to have Braxton Hicks contractions. Over the last couple of days I've noticed that the upper part of my bump periodically gets really tight, like my bump is trying to burst through my skin. I didn't think anything of it until I had a couple of really noticeable ones this evening. That got me on the internet to research what BHs might feel like. Sounds like there are lots of variations, but one person described it as feeling like Violet Beauregard turning into a blueberry. That about describes what I'm feeling.

I wasn't specifically told TO eat, but was told I can - before 8 I won't be able to eat a lot anyway, but from what you were told Rocketb I'll make sure to have plain toast with a boiled egg.

Good tip about the toast, NDH, thanks. I hadn't really remembered if I was supposed to eat or not. I'll be sure to grab a piece of toast beforehand.

Rocket - I think I am getting BH as well. I have that tightening, but I don't think I could have explained it better than you did by comparing it to Violet. LOL!!! :D

well here they give you the choice of their yucky drink (i am told it is vile) or to bring your own lucozade so that is what i have opted for as i know on an empty stomach i'll be able to drink it, i just have to shake it up lots first to make it go a bit flat (tastes a hell of alot better)

so 9am blood draw drink lucozade then sit about for 2hrs until another blood draw

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->