December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

Well I have had an eventful week I had a bleed and went into early labour last Thursday at 34 weeks so spent 24 hours on the delivery suite, had lots of meds to stop the contractions so they had enoughtime to get the required amount of steroids into me to help little man. With already having 3 c sections they wouldn't let me go anywhere but since I am only having a few contractions an hour now not every 3 mins I was allowed home this morning. I am on bedrest now but he is gonna come early just hoping he holds on for another 3 weeks then we won't need to go to special care. Good to hear everyone is ok x

I'll keep everything crossed he stays in another 3 weeks! Its so scary going into premature labour but if the worst does happen and he turns up a little earlier than expected those steroid injections work wonders and the SCBU and NICU staff are wonderful and total experts plus babies born at 34 weeks plus usually have a very, very short stay in neo natal. My friend had her baby at 33 weeks and had her home within 3 weeks. Good luck! xo

Hey ladies. Hope everyone is doing well! I guess I have to leave this group now, my snowflake turned into a pumpkin! Lol, my baby boy was born prematurely this morning at 32w 2d. He's is doing okay though. Good luck to everyone else! <3

omg another really early arrival, congrats hunni, glad your both doing ok

Hey ladies. Hope everyone is doing well! I guess I have to leave this group now, my snowflake turned into a pumpkin! Lol, my baby boy was born prematurely this morning at 32w 2d. He's is doing okay though. Good luck to everyone else! <3

Join the club! :thumbup: I suspect our babies knew they were due near Christmas and didn't fancy possibly getting stiffed on birthday presents! lol. I would have been 32 weeks today so our babies are probably roughly similar sizes. My daughter was born nearly 6 weeks ago, she must have wanted to be a September star! xo

Congrats! Keep us updated on how your little pumpkin is doing.

Thanks for the update Nichole! I can't believe you're online updating us the same day you had your preemie! I'm glad he's doing well - 32 week+ preemies have a good track record so I'm sure he'll be fine.

No more preemies in this thread though, do you hear me babies?

They keep him in icu, so it frees up a lot of my time. I have nothing to do but make updates lol. He's doing absolutely amazing. They haven't had to give him oxygen, he's breathing on his own. They said he's big for a preemie! And I got to change his diaper twice and take his temperature once today!

NDH, cant mine come at just 37wks though lol i dont want to see the other side of 40wks again

lol by my scan then this one should be well cooked already lol hes measuring a decent size lol, i dont mind getting to term but it would be nice to be able to do some Christmas stuff and go to DH's work Christmas party (10days after my due date ) and stuff like that, i want to go iceskating while the rinks are open and DH wont get so much leave if baby comes late

37 weeks is an acceptable arrival time yes (not for my baby, mind! S/he can't come before boxing day! Lol).

That made me LOL NDH! Hopefully all the rest of the December Snowflakes will listen to you! That's brilliant Nichole! Its amazing how well these little preemies can cope, thank god for the advances in medical science, that's all I can say, god knows what we would have done without it! xox

hope everyone has a nice weekend, i plan to do one final massive and move bedrooms.....

get the place shipshape ready for peppers arrival

then watch OH undo all the hard work

lol i plan to get a mcdonals pancakes breakfast tomorrow with a few hashbrowns then get the washing churning through got a load of colours and one of whites then about 3 loads of babyclothing to do then run the hover around upstairs or make DH do it lol and i'll make DH mow the lawn if its good weather and take the boys to the playground since we didnt make it today

hoovering is the worst thing you can do with SPD my physio told me to avoid at all costs. easier said than done

Haha! I just had a "shit did my waters just break?" Moment!!!
Turns out (tmi) it was just a LOT of discharge, enough to soak my underwear AND jeans!!!

We're moving house next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay!!! So excited!! SO much to do though!

My parents are doing a big pumpkin carving party on Saturday. I'll be helping with the decorating and hosting. They live an hour away, so DH and I will probably stay the night up there Saturday. It's a lot of fun, but a lot of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->